It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something about the moon landing that makes me go hmmm

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pennylane123
Also why would Neil Armstrong discredit Elon Musk going back to the moon ,that also raises questions about going back to the moon ?

Even though SpaceX was a private company, they received criticism from some of the most prominent names in space exploration. Neil Armstrong himself was against the privatization of space travel. But SpaceX persevered, undeterred by the criticism.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMisguidedAngel

I don't understand your point.

Did whoever made the suit employ hundreds of rocket scientists and spends gazillions of dollars on it?

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: TheMisguidedAngel

I don't understand your point.

Did whoever made the suit employ hundreds of rocket scientists and spends gazillions of dollars on it?

Everybody always says that we didn't have the technology to make such a lifelike Bigfoot costume as the PG film back in 1967. Even Hollywood with their expertise and open bankaccounts couldn't come up with something so life like as the PG FILM bigfoot, as the best they could do at that time period was from "The Planet of the Apes" movie which came out in 1968, one year after the PG film and the big budget Hollywood ape suits are laughable compared to the Patty PG film ape.

I'm obviously being a bit sarcastic in my remarks because Hollywood and NASA are completely different entities but it's still an interesting thing to think about that Hollywood costume designers from that period are on record (Bill Munns, Bill Hargate) saying that we different have technology to make such a life like Ape costume from that time period but yet we could make rockets to put people on the moon

Not to be taken seriously haha but I still think its interesting to think about 😜

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   
No, not too expensive. We just gave away 200 billion dollars to the most corrupt nation on this planet. Money has nothing to do with this, they can't do it.

We can't even get past low orbit today and NASA's excuse it they lost the technology. Hahaha, more bullsnot.

a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 320MPH

No, that is not NASA's "excuse".

The bullsnot is on you.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 320MPH

No, not too expensive. We just gave away 200 billion dollars to the most corrupt nation on this planet. Money has nothing to do with this, they can't do it.

You always have to make it about politics.

And money has everything to do with missions to the moon.

We can't even get past low orbit today and NASA's excuse it they lost the technology. Hahaha, more bullsnot.

And who is this "we"?

FYI as of 2024, 4 nations have successfully sent missions to the Moon, those being United States, Russia, China, India, and Japan.

Which is a hell of a lot further than "low earth orbit".

And those 4 nations, well some of them hate each other with a passion to one degree or another.

I take it you ""assume"" they are all in on the act together?

What's next buddy flat Earth, electric universe, dare i speculate?
edit on 3-7-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: badcabbie
a reply to: Lumenari

a reply to: JinMI

I'd tend to agree. That is to say, I think we've been there, actually went there with the Apollo missions, but what we found there it was decided was not to be shared with the public, for whatever reasons.

I first heard this idea from Richard C. Hoagland during a Coast to Coast AM interview by Art Bell, I think it aired in the nineties.

In Hoagland's book "Dark Mission", co-written by Mike Bara, he goes into great detail of the minutiae of what brought him to this conclusion. There's quite a bit of detail in the stories of the moon missions and the astronaut's experiences and recountings of it that speak to a mystery surrounding those events. Apparently what they saw and experienced there was not what the official story was.

There are a few incidences of the breaking of ranks in this regard. I think it was astronaut Bean that broke ranks most notably. He also spent much of the rest of his life painting moon landscapes, which looked a lot different from the landscapes that were shown in the official footage. Lots of rainbow hued crystalline structures I think, which are allegedly the most notable structures found on the moon's surface that have allegedly been airbrushed out of the photos.

Hoagland and Bara provide quite a bit of journalism on this idea that some of the moon landing footage had to be modified or faked.

There's also the possibility that a secret space program that predated NASA's was already there. If that were the case, one would guess that they most likely warned or told off NASA from certain areas, and this also if true might have necessitated faking or modifying some of the footage.

I wanted to correct this post.

He also spent much of the rest of his life painting moon landscapes, which looked a lot different from the landscapes that were shown in the official footage. Lots of rainbow hued crystalline structures I think, which are allegedly the most notable structures found on the moon's surface that have allegedly been airbrushed out of the photos.

The large crystalline structures were the most notable feature that is alleged to have been found on the moon. Looking at the late Mr. Bean's website and his gallery, however, I don't see any paintings of such structures in the galleries of his paintings that are posted on the site.

There may be some such paintings that are simply not shown in the galleries, but I might have also remembered it wrong. I'm pretty sure that he was one of the astronauts that broke ranks at least once during an interview anyhow.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   

FYI as of 2024, 4 nations have successfully sent missions to the Moon, those being United States, Russia, China, India, and Japan.

Uh Its 5 nations ......./.......

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

EU is not a nation and the ESA mission a joint effort that included the 10 founding members, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, France, United Kingdom, Italy, the Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, and Spain.

So a hell of a lot more than 5 if you wish to get technical.

edit on 6-7-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 07:01 AM
link   

the way i understand it there have been eleven successful missions to the moon by nations. 6 flyby's or orbits, and 5 landings.
can't really find a good source that names all five landings, most that i find only name four.

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

More than 140 missions launched to the moon. A small number of them had astronauts on board, but most of the missions were robotic orbiters, landers and rovers.15

www.space.com...

Six missions landed humans on the Moon, beginning with Apollo 11 in July 1969, during which Neil Armstrong became the first person to walk on the Moon. Apollo 13 was intended to land; however, it was restricted to a flyby due to a malfunction aboard the spacecraft. All ten crewed missions returned safely to the Earth.

en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=Six%20missions%20landed%20humans%20on,returned%20safely%20to%20the%20Earth.

The salient point being BernnieJGato that we did go, and continue to this day to launch missions to the Moon in question.
edit on 6-7-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join