It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something about the moon landing that makes me go hmmm

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 04:59 PM
link   
We streamed it live to the whole planet through 3 towers in 1969.

If I get more that 40 miles away from the city I cant get a signal ,hell every time I drive under a bridge I lose my cell service, towers everywhere.

When I had satellite TV every time we had heavy cloud cover I would lose my service. But they streamed it live from the moon in 1969.

Has technology gotten worse?

Why isnt there a live stream camera on the moon right now? I actually googled that and got some pretty stupid answers Like its to expensive or there would be nothing to see because the landscape never changes .

well you could point it at earth and that seems like it would be something pretty awesome to see .

They could do it it in 1969 . hell they even left a camera there.

How long has everything been BULL####???

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 05:02 PM
link   
55 years on now, & they’ve made a movie about faking it.

Seems about right.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: pennylane123

Probably has to do with NASA using several, 100 foot diameter satellite dishes instead of that 2 foot direct tv thing you had.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   

it wasn't exactly live there was a delay of about 1 or two seconds , and they pointed the cameras at the monitors in mission control and broadcast it from there.

they also had i think it was three stations around the globe that could receive the signal and send it to Huston. i think the main one was in Australia.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Probably has to do with NASA using several, 100 foot diameter satellite dishes instead of that 2 foot direct tv thing you had.

Or its all bs. Why no live stream camera ? That would have been so easy for them to do by now right? For any of those recent probes on the moon .

They should have multiple live streams with their budget
edit on 1-7-2024 by pennylane123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I always thought the moon landing hoax idea was nuts.

Then I listened to Bart Sibrel on Rogan a few months ago and... I'm kind of on the fence now.

I mean, putting it into context with ALL the other stuff the government has lied about.

It's not a zero chance that it was BS.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Then I listened to Bart Sibrel on Rogan a few months ago and... I'm kind of on the fence now.

I mean, putting it into context with ALL the other stuff the government has lied about.

im 58 years old I always believed we went to the moon. I believe we have a probe driving around on mars right now sending high def pics back.

But if we can have a car and helicopter drone flying around mars taking and sending high def pics from mars we could certainly have a live stream cam on the moon.

We have them everywhere

So now I find myself questioning everything.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 05:37 PM
link   

As far as im aware the global broadcast of the Moon landing back in 69 was the result of a coordinated effort involving multiple tracking stations and relay satellites rather than simply relying on just three towers.

I had Satellite TV in the 80 and 90 and i dont ever recall heavy cloud cover reducing the signal or interrupting broadcasts even during the likes of heavy thunderstorms.

As to why there is not a live stream camera on the moon, that is probably down to the fact that deploying and maintaining equipment on the Moon is extremely expensive and involves not only the cost of sending the camera but also ensuring it can operate in such a harsh environment.

They did do it in 1969, not really much doubt about it bar in the minds of conspiracy theorists.
edit on 1-7-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Its funny the more you say its been debunked the more I believe we never went.

I mean you have been wrong about everything.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 05:46 PM
link   
They streamed it live from the moon in 1969. Over 200,000 miles away . If you believe that without question you might be the problem

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 05:49 PM
link   

You want a camera on the Moon looking at Earth and streaming video? You would see a small ball in the distance or the camera would have to have a huge telescope for a lens making it very expensive and fradgil. Why go the expense of watching a ballgame from 25 miles away when you can put the cameras in the stadium?

Weather satalites are much more useful by being closer.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: pennylane123

originally posted by: watchitburn

im 58 years old I always believed we went to the moon. I believe we have a probe driving around on mars right now sending high def pics back.

But if we can have a car and helicopter drone flying around mars taking and sending high def pics from mars we could certainly have a live stream cam on the moon.

We have them everywhere

So now I find myself questioning everything.

The Goobermint Reasons the Public Really doesn't Need to Know about Certain Things because it could Upset them or Expose the Failings of the Government .........Take Your Pick..

edit on 1-7-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 05:54 PM
link   

What's is funny is that you have been presented with the facts and had your questions adequately answered.

Yet choose to attack those who do so.

I mean not in the ha-ha sort of manner but humorous nonetheless.

I mean you have been wrong about everything.

Care to elaborate there, or is that just a silly attack, because your daft conspiracy garbage and repetitive nonsense that has been debunked on numerous occasions here at ATS has been challenged once again?

We went to the Moon you will simply need to deal with that fact.
edit on 1-7-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I always suggest going to Google and search for “Earth” and then look at the images. Most of us have grown up in the age of computer graphics and video games right? We should know what looks real or computer generated. Now go show me which of those images look real or computer generated?
To me only the lower orbit pictures look real, but all of the others look fake.

Have we went to the moon? I don’t think we can get off of this rock due to extreme temperatures and radiation. So no, we haven’t been to the moon.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be crazy if the reason there are photos with anomalies in them is because those photo are actually terrestrial landscapes that have been "Mars-ified" and then released as the real thing?🤷🏻

Wasn't that proven with a set they released awhile back? Thought I read an article that compared Earth scapes with Mars scapes and found the photos to be quite local.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The moon is the perfect platform for a lunar base live feed high def radio camera pointed at earth. To watch live weather events, etc. Why not? It’s always stationary pointed right at earth, Why are we stuck using low earth orbit satellites that get taken out by grains of paint chips?
edit on 1-7-2024 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Mate it's pretty straight forward .

There are things on the moon and happening on the moon that have to be kept secret.

Aliens , Bases etc etc etc . take your pick

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

You bring up a good question about the Moon being a stable platform. In fact it is not. It wobbles slightly and moves closer and farther away in its orbit. In fact, it is possible to photograph about 55% of the surface of the Moon in a years time by taking photos at the time when the lighting is right and the wobble is at the extream of each side.

Your camera would need an active guidence system to keep the Earth in the image. Most of the time it would be out of frame or only part of the Earth visible. It would only need to move a small fraction of a degree but that is thousands of miles at the distance being discussed.

edit on 1-7-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
I always suggest going to Google and search for “Earth” and then look at the images. Most of us have grown up in the age of computer graphics and video games right? We should know what looks real or computer generated. Now go show me which of those images look real or computer generated?
To me only the lower orbit pictures look real, but all of the others look fake.

Have we went to the moon? I don’t think we can get off of this rock due to extreme temperatures and radiation. So no, we haven’t been to the moon.

This Pic from 1969 is the Most Famous One . Alleged to be the First Picture of the Earth Viewed from our Moon . Do you Think it was Faked or Genuine ?

Note . The Resolution of the Cameras used back then could not Show the Stars in the Background but they are there .

edit on 1-7-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

it wasn't exactly live there was a delay of about 1 or two seconds , and they pointed the cameras at the monitors in mission control and broadcast it from there.

they also had i think it was three stations around the globe that could receive the signal and send it to Huston. i think the main one was in Australia.

Been there, and Narrabri. Spent a few shifts running the place (Narrabri), as a student.

Parkes picked up radio signals from the orbiter and the lander. The signals were then distributed to Mission control via telephone lines - Copper cables back then, and back to the USA via undersea cable telephone lines.

Also, the data wasn't compressed, either, it used the old 512 line analogue monochrome signal and so it wasn't too large a signal to transmit via radio or via landlines.

BTW, I don't think the moon landing was faked.

edit on 2024-07-01T18:38:45-05:0006Mon, 01 Jul 2024 18:38:45 -050007pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join