It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Lefties, can we talk about this yet?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Obama as VP is another angle.

Not a legal one. VP has to be legally eligible to be President. Obama's already served two terms.

This was my first reaction too, but I've not been able to find anywhere or anything which specifically says this. I've asked this question to a couple political eagles who are smarter than me and they started to answer the same thing, then paused and said..."You know what? Now that you've mentioned this, I'm not sure I can point to something which says it's technically prohibited" The other one I talked to said straight-up that it is not prohibited, although he indicated that it might cause some unprecedented legal gymnastics were this situation to arise. His take was that the former president might be forced to nominate someone of his choosing (which could be equally as bad).

So, please do point me to something which specifically rules this scenario out. That's not a challenge, it's actually an honest request because I WANT to find it (not because I'm arguing with you).

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tjack

Well aren't we kind of there already? Biden is POTUS in name only. No president, no boss....that's what we have now. I'm not up for another term of the children running the country.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
a reply to: tjack

Well aren't we kind of there already? Biden is POTUS in name only. No president, no boss....that's what we have now. I'm not up for another term of the children running the country.

Fifth Column

A clandestine group or faction of subversive agents who attempt to undermine a nation’s solidarity by any means at their disposal.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

OMG, what a # show of a night for debates. If this doesn't persuade both sides how woefully wrong they've been, I don't know what can.

They were both old, meandering, repetitive... one couldn't remember much of his own lines, the other couldn't remember a single honest fact.

Biden gets an F for poor energy and performance, Trump gets an F for being 100% allergic to truth.

Trump did come out more energized, and he didn't even prep allegedly, but that makes complete sense -- he didn't have to prep. He didn't get a single fact straight, he just made things up. You don't need to prep when you don't use facts, it's just a waste of time. All you have to do is look confident when you lie.

I can't believe these are the two choices. We're doomed.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

Can you list his lies?

No links to msnbc, just a wee list

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Never mind, I went to CNN

Trump’s repeat falsehoods included his assertions that some Democratic-led states allow babies to be executed after birth, that every legal scholar and everybody in general wanted Roe v. Wade overturned, that there were no terror attacks during his presidency, that Iran didn’t fund terror groups during his presidency, that the US has provided more aid to Ukraine than Europe has, that Biden for years referred to Black people as “super predators,” that Biden is planning to quadruple people’s taxes, that then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi turned down 10,000 National Guard troops for the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, that Americans don’t pay the cost of his tariffs on China and other countries, that Europe accepts no American cars, that he is the president who got the Veterans Choice program through Congress, and that fraud marred the results of the 2020 election.

Hyperbolic? Maybe.

But lies?

lol

Biden claimed inflation was at 9% when he first came to office.
He lied about Hunters laptop.
He lies so much that they made memes about it!

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Here is what the problem has been since 2020. Show us how good Joe is don't tell us! Since they never could and went overboard trying to cover for him, we got that debate performance. So now democrats, you own Joe being the way he was at the debate!

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 03:38 PM
link   

So at what point would ya'll like to talk about your plans going forward? Gavin Newsome? Hillary? Mikey Obama? What does your bench look like? Who do you call up from the minors in this case? What's your plan?

I'll vote for Biden, even if he's in a coma! Whoever the Democrats put on the ticket; I'll vote for. I'm voting for the machine, not the person. I'm voting against the other machine, and the person.

But I'm pissed off, because they've had 8 years to figure this out, after Hillary lost. They ran Joe Biden as a Hail Mary, last resort, because, I don't know why. It was his turn, I guess.

When Joe was campaigning, he made it clear that he would only serve 1 term, because you know, he's old! But the Democrats coasted, beating off attacks while never addressing the war. Now they say there's nobody else. It's almost like TPTB want it this way!

I'll vote Democrat because a vote for a Republican is a vote for Project 2025, and in my opinion, Project 2025 trashes the American experiment in favor of a fascist theocracy. But, the stage is already set.

edit on 1520242024k41America/Chicago2024-06-29T15:41:15-05:0003pm2024-06-29T15:41:15-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So at what point would ya'll like to talk about your plans going forward? Gavin Newsome? Hillary? Mikey Obama? What does your bench look like? Who do you call up from the minors in this case? What's your plan?

I'll vote for Biden, even if he's in a coma! Whoever the Democrats put on the ticket; I'll vote for. I'm voting for the machine, not the person. I'm voting against the other machine, and the person.

But I'm pissed off, because they've had 8 years to figure this out, after Hillary lost. They ran Joe Biden as a Hail Mary, last resort, because, I don't know why. It was his turn, I guess.

When Joe was campaigning, he made it clear that he would only serve 1 term, because you know, he's old! But the Democrats coasted, beating off attacks while never addressing the war. Now they say there's nobody else. It's almost like TPTB want it this way!

I'll vote Democrat because a vote for a Republican is a vote for Project 2025, and in my opinion, Project 2025 trashes the American experiment in favor of a fascist theocracy. But, the stage is already set.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🥳️

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I did a quick look at Project 2025. It's just the republican version of what the leftists are doing now.
edit on 29-6-2024 by DBCowboy because: boomer

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I did a quick look at Project 2025. It's just the republican version of what the leftists are doing now.

So fascism in either case, just with a different person at the head?

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndTime

Nah, didn't see any fascism, unless you think having more freedoms is fascist.

Then yes, by that definition, really more fascist.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Oh great, I guess the pro-choice people don’t need to worry about their freedoms being infringed upon right?
edit on 29-6-2024 by EndTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The American experiment is over. Like I said; The stage has already been set.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Oh great, I guess the pro-choice people don’t need to worry about their freedoms being infringed upon right?

Ummm, the freedoms of the unborn most certainly being infringed.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 04:30 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

The American experiment is over. Like I said; The stage has already been set.

Yeah, we won't go gentle into that dark night, thank you very much.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'd rather have 2 kids in a trench coat then Obama's husband

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Yep. I will vote against Trump.

I am anti-Trump and not supportive of anything he’s about.

The presidency is not a single person.

Unless you’re Trump who only hires Yes Men — qualified not a requirement — just unquestionable loyalty. Like a mob boss.

Normal presidencies have qualified people that know how things are supposed to be done the right way. And how to delegate when needed. And a figurehead who respects his team and listens to their advice.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You might want to explain Mayorkas then.

lol

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I’ll take “Tell us you are desperate without saying it” for $2000 Alex.

Did Trump destroy your way of life in his 1st term?

Other than your hurting feelz, what is all the hysteria for?

Biden will not win, you might as well face facts.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join