It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Lefties, can we talk about this yet?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

What does that have to do with a woman's autonomy? Women don't care what Trump says he does or doesn't support. They care about what THEY need and what works best for them.

And, by the way, Roe V Wade also set a limit. What was wrong with those limits?

I agree, why are you all bringing up Abortion in this topic about Biden's brain? Why even bring it up in any Presidential election or debate? Why is it your no-one reason to pick a President?

Roe V Wade was a poor decision that Congress should have fixed or done a long time ago. The SC back then overstepped their authority based on political pressure and it was fixed finally, now go complain to Congress that had many chances to correct it on a federal level.

Biden and Trump have the same view on abortion, so what is next?

link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Annee

Allowing women full autonomy of their bodies.

Did you hear Trump say he supports the morning-after pill 100% and believes a term limit should be established, the one thing he is against is late-term abortions for anything other than medical. I would say that is pretty spot-on moderate on the subject.

What does that have to do with a woman's autonomy? Women don't care what Trump says he does or doesn't support. They care about what THEY need and what works best for them.

you in particular sure seem to care what Trump says on Abortion. So much so, that you give him credit for things he didn't say. Might want to do a little self reflecting.

I don't care what Trump thinks about women's rights. I care what he does. His actions shows that he doesn't care or respect a woman's body, her autonomy or her choice.

link   

a reply to: network dude

Everyone knows what Trump is, but one thing he has shown, is he can be an effective leader.

LOL
And He only hires the best!

HAHAHAHA!

How'd his leadership on January 6th bear out?

I'm guessing exactly as it was engineered to. I'll make a bet with you right here, and right now. And this one is almost a sure thing for you.

I believe that in the next 4 years there will be a real investigation into Jan 6th, and you will find the entire thing was a set up to tag Trump with the term "insurrectionist", as that was the only mechanism to remove him from ever running again. Pelosi and the whole democratic machine was in on it. That will be proven. And it's largely the only real complaint you have other than him being mean and orange.

So, if that comes to fruition, you will make a post here and on DenyIgnorance.com, stating that you have been wrong about Trump and you are sorry. If it's not proven, then I will do the same. I know me, so I know I have the integrity to show up in 4 years. I sincerely doubt you do, but at least it's here in print.

We can talk in the thread about how the economy is going and how those new wars are waging on. I look forward to it.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Allowing women full autonomy of their bodies.

Did you hear Trump say he supports the morning-after pill 100% and believes a term limit should be established, the one thing he is against is late-term abortions for anything other than medical. I would say that is pretty spot-on moderate on the subject.

you in particular sure seem to care what Trump says on Abortion. So much so, that you give him credit for things he didn't say. Might want to do a little self reflecting.

I don't care what Trump thinks about women's rights. I care what he does. His actions shows that he doesn't care or respect a woman's body, her autonomy or her choice.

what actions?

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I agree, why are you all bringing up Abortion in this topic about Biden's brain?

I didn't bring it up. You guys did, starting with DBCowboy. It's you all's favorite distraction from discussing anything Trump critical. And, even though you think this thread is about Biden, it isn't. It's about WHY his supporters continue to support him in the face of a bad debate night, were he appeared feeble, mentally and physically.

Like I said, I support Biden, or whatever candidate the Democrats put up, because I support the Democrat Machine's policies, and oppose the Republican's Project 2025 Policy and the dumpster fire that is Donald Trump.

edit on 2020242024k23America/Chicago2024-06-30T10:23:20-05:0010am2024-06-30T10:23:20-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I support 100% women’s autonomy of her body and reproduction.

You support government control over a woman’s autonomy of her body and reproduction.

SCOTUS overturning Roe v. Wade was simply because the issue was not a Federal one. The Constitution neither prohibited nor promoted abortion so, by default, the issue was relegated to the states to individually decide and a Federal mandate was not justified.

The original ruling was pushed by Legislate-from-the-Bench Ruthie who was famous for such.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Roe V Wade was a poor decision that Congress should have fixed or done a long time ago.

Why? What was fundamentally wrong with it? The 14th Amendment reliance? Or the actual application of term limits?

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCTORNO

It wasn't a federal mandate. Roe V Wade acknowledged a woman's constitutional right to bodily autonomy, via privacy and equal protection of the law, under the 14th Amendment.

Roe V Wade was weak, because of the reliance on privacy, but could easily have been bolstered through the lens of the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 10th and the 14th Amendments. That was the problem with Roe, it was too "skinny", not that it was an overreach.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Like I said, I support Biden, or whatever candidate the Democrats put up, because I support the Democrat Machine's policies, and oppose the Republican's Project 2025 Policy and the dumpster fire that is Donald Trump.

I feel like you are on the Titanic playing music as it sinks. The only dumpster fire from 2016 to 2020 was what the Liberals did. Policy-wise Trump was very good, and in all the areas Biden has been failing in these last 3+ years we saw Trump excelling.

At the end of the day for me, Trump/Biden are done after 2028, so I would like at least to have something good in the next 4 years and we would not get that from Biden, just his same old same old.

edit on x30Sun, 30 Jun 2024 10:54:14 -05002024181America/ChicagoSun, 30 Jun 2024 10:54:14 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   

NO. Autonomy doesn't depend on what someone else thinks is okay for YOU to do in life changing situations. That's not autonomy.

Is the Sex Act which got the woman in the situation in the First place Autonomous ? Is the Medical Act of an Abortion Autonomous ? Is A Pregnant Woman Autonomous ?

That is a resounding NO to all three questions .

Can a Woman Responsibly exercise the right to unrestricted Abortions ? Answer: Unfortunately no they cant .

60 Million American Abortions are evidence of that . Do you really think that DJ Trump or the Courts or anyone for that matter wants to tell a woman what they can do medically ? No not all , by all means do what you want but do so responsibly .

60 million abortions is not responsible . That is abuse . So unfortunately the courts had to step in and draw the line and you have a problem with that .

Adoption ,Birth control , Condoms , Abstinence and personal responsibility are all options that could have been taken as opposed to having an invasive and poisonous procedure that in many cases leaves the woman unable to bare children and or opens the window to mis-carages and other complications .

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   

a reply to: DOCTORNO

It wasn't a federal mandate. Roe V Wade acknowledged a woman's constitutional right to bodily autonomy, via privacy and equal protection of the law, under the 14th Amendment.

Roe V Wade was weak, because of the reliance on privacy, but could easily have been bolstered through the lens of the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 10th and the 14th Amendments. That was the problem with Roe, it was too "skinny", not that it was an overreach.

and the self reflection part is one you just won't grasp.

The left has had total control of all three branches of government a few times since Roe vs. Wade. Yet in all that time, they did nothing. then when the SCOTUS sent it back to the states, it's a world ending event. Feckless leadership is what did this to you, and it wasn't Trump. You have to be able to see your mistakes before you can fix them.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Why? What was fundamentally wrong with it? The 14th Amendment reliance? Or the actual application of term limits?

14th

"The Constitution does not prohibit the citizens of each State from regulating or prohibiting abortion.” Roe wasn’t simply wrong — it was so wrong as to amount to an “abuse of judicial authority.”

I personally believe in term limits, and I believe that Congress should have fixed this a long time ago, but if they did fix it then the liberals would lose their no 1 election point.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

If you look at the inside "you" and you decide you aren't ready to have a child, then that same conversation should also include ways to not end up pregnant. Somehow others have navigated this labyrinth for years, and got by. Yet in 2024, the intelligence to do so seems remarkably absent. Regressing one liberal at a time. Idiocracy is coming. It's what the plants crave.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:58 AM
link   

That was the problem with Roe, it was too "skinny", not that it was an overreach.

Constitutional scholars have disagreed with your view for many decades, the SC ruled “abuse of judicial authority”...

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   

14th

"The Constitution does not prohibit the citizens of each State from regulating or prohibiting abortion.” Roe wasn’t simply wrong — it was so wrong as to amount to an “abuse of judicial authority.”

I personally believe in term limits, and I believe that Congress should have fixed this a long time ago, but if they did fix it then the liberals would lose their no 1 election point.

which lets the cat out of the bag. Anyone who actually wants to "fix" things is a threat to all who wish to remain in the crowd that "tries" to fix thing by employing family members in positions that pretend to look for "root causes" and never seem to find any real answers. The cash is in the search, not the repair.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   

If you look at the inside "you" and you decide you aren't ready to have a child, then that same conversation should also include ways to not end up pregnant. Somehow others have navigated this labyrinth for years, and got by. Yet in 2024, the intelligence to do so seems remarkably absent. Regressing one liberal at a time. Idiocracy is coming. It's what the plants crave.

One good thing about the republic is you have 50 places where you can live based on your beliefs. Liberals want a democracy where all are the same. The other part is abortions are not banned, you just do not have a clinic on each corner in some states. Even Texas which has ruled abortion illegal just made clinics open up on the New Mexico state line. The argument of "Why should women need to drive or fly there to get one" just goes down the path to suggest that easy availability is also a right. For F sake I had to travel 6 hours to get medical treatment, were my rights violated?

edit on x30Sun, 30 Jun 2024 11:07:05 -05002024181America/ChicagoSun, 30 Jun 2024 11:07:05 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Is the Sex Act which got the woman in the situation in the First place Autonomous ?

If it's consensual it is.

Is the Medical Act of an Abortion Autonomous ?

The choice to have a medical procedure is.

Is A Pregnant Woman Autonomous ?

Yes.

autonomous
adjective
independent and having the power to make your own decisions

Can a Woman Responsibly exercise the right to unrestricted Abortions ?

Yes. But, when you say "unrestricted" by whom do you mean? The government?

If a person's life and/or limb is at risk, does it matter who saves her? Should a person capable of saving that person need governmental permission before they can act?

But, ENOUGH about abortion. Abortion and woman' rights are a reason why many people won't support a Republican candidate for President now, regardless of our meandering on the subject.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Roe wasn’t simply wrong

I'm asking you why? Because a pregnant woman's autonomy isn't a constitutional right? Is your autonomy a constitutional right?

I personally believe in term limits

What was wrong with the term limit provided by Roe?

I believe that Congress should have fixed this a long time ago

What would that look like, and what makes you think whatever Congress had come up with, this SCOTUS court wouldn't have shot it down

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Constitutional scholars have disagreed with your view for many decades,

And, many have agreed with my view for many decades too. Constitutional scholars have disagreed with each other many decades.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Everyone knows what Trump is, but one thing he has shown, is he can be an effective leader.

LOL
And He only hires the best!

HAHAHAHA!

How'd his leadership on January 6th bear out?

Trump does what benefits him and his money/power.

Trump is a conman.

If you happen to fall somewhere in that target — yay for your assets.

edit on am66America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join