It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine: Lindsey Graham Spills The Beans On Why We Are There

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka
a reply to: Lazy88

So, you’re ok with Putin invading the Ukraine for oil?

I understand Putin defending those with a USSR culture from NATO expansion. I support negations over the mess that has resulted.

Hello. Putin invaded because the Ukraine is rich in natural resources. The Ukraine is cutting in on his bottom line.

Ukrainian storage and pipelines can be key to east Europe’s gas supply security

www.euractiv.com...

Ukrainian Minister of Energy Herman Galushchenko has repeatedly noted that Ukraine, with its own production, well-developed gas transportation system, large underground storage capacities and location at the crossroads of new supply routes, has actually become a new gas hub in Europe.

You can post what you want. But this is about natural resources, and Putin’s pockets.

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 07:23 AM
link   

So, you’re ok with Putin invading the Ukraine for oil?

I understand Putin defending those with a USSR culture from NATO expansion. I support negations over the mess that has resulted.

Most former USSR nations in east Europe want nothing to do with Russia anymore.

Only Belarus and Transnistria are in favor of Russia.

It is because of USSR culture that countries in east Europe joined NATO , because they never want to go back to those times.

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

Yeah, it's got nothing to do with Putin stealing land from Ukraine and trying to intefere in its democracy.
edit on 12-6-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BedevereTheWise

The USSR was a violent dictatorship that encompassed and often repressed multiple cultures.

The USA is a violent republic that encompassed and often repressed multiple cultures.

I will still defend that on some issues as this is how empires work. Russia looks to be doing a lot better these days from its past. I don't see blowing it up making an improvement.

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

Russia looks to be doing a lot better these days from its past.

You should ask the Chechens about that?

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Funny your all about 9/11 and oil? But you turn a blind eye to Putin and oil?

🤔

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Superpowers and their war games, it's getting old what isn't getting old is the cannon fodder getting all excited and suddenly becoming expert warlords, that can't wait to go and die for their masters.

Can't wait for the robot wars, i bet there will be people that feel useless and want conventional war back so that they can go die for their masters again...

edit on 12-6-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Russia is a big place, they have lots of oil and other resources. I don't see much disruption to their oil trade while Ukraine gets sorted.

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Russia is a big place, they have lots of oil and other resources. I don't see much disruption to their oil trade while Ukraine gets sorted.

You should look into why Russia would be interested in Ukraine and its resources, also Russia has a wide-reaching gas export pipeline network, both via transit routes through Belarus and Ukraine, and via pipelines sending gas directly into Europe? Why would Putin be interesting in controlling Ukraine I wonder?
edit on 12-6-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

Yeah, it's got nothing to do with Putin stealing land from Ukraine and trying to intefere in its democracy.

Happens.

NATO did it to Serbia in 99’ stripping CENTURIES OLD Kosovo away. And planting NATO’s biggest base there in the Balkans.

Now, go continue wiping them crocodile tears over Ukraine as well.

Zelensky and NATO talk about “1991” borders? lol ok what about other borders?

edit on 12-6-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   

a reply to: BedevereTheWise

The USSR was a violent dictatorship that encompassed and often repressed multiple cultures.

The USA is a violent republic that encompassed and often repressed multiple cultures.

I will still defend that on some issues as this is how empires work. Russia looks to be doing a lot better these days from its past. I don't see blowing it up making an improvement.

It was doing a lot better until Putin decided to turn it back into a war economy.

Who is talking about blowing up Russia?

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

Now, go continue wiping them crocodile tears over Ukraine as well

Better than licking the backside of a dictator!!

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Sigh.

You posted this..

kwaka

So I posted this..

originally posted by: Lazy88

Hello. Putin invaded because the Ukraine is rich in natural resources. The Ukraine is cutting in on his bottom line.

Ukrainian storage and pipelines can be key to east Europe’s gas supply security

www.euractiv.com...

Ukrainian Minister of Energy Herman Galushchenko has repeatedly noted that Ukraine, with its own production, well-developed gas transportation system, large underground storage capacities and location at the crossroads of new supply routes, has actually become a new gas hub in Europe.

You can post what you want. But this is about natural resources, and Putin’s pockets.

It doesn’t matter what you have if a majority of your profit is coming from selling to Europe and the Ukraine is undercutting that profit.

edit on 12-6-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 09:57 AM
link   

t doesn’t matter what you have if a majority of your profit is coming from selling to Europe and the Ukraine is undercutting that profit.

So that is what Burisma is about, among other things. Fits in with what Lindsey Graham is fighting for.

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Burisma was controlled by an Oligarch left over from the old USSR, just like most of Russia's resources. It was shut down in 2023

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Ah , Nothing Personal , but Labeling Ukraine a " Democracy " is a STRETCH . Mr Z is Presently a Dictator who has suspend All Thought of Free Elections that are a Matter of Fact in Any Democratic type of Government .

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Ah , Nothing Personal , but Labeling Ukraine a " Democracy " is a STRETCH . Mr Z is Presently a Dictator who has suspend All Thought of Free Elections that are a Matter of Fact in Any Democratic type of Government .

Possibly not having elections is something to do with being invaded by Russia?

edit on 12-6-2024 by BedevereTheWise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise

Well Russia just had one during this Conflict , why not Ukraine ?

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The country is being invaded by a foreign army at the moment, but some people can't seem to accept that?? Complain when they're not in a state of war and I'll agree with you.

posted on Jun, 12 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise

Well Russia just had one during this Conflict , why not Ukraine ?

And that was a state sponsored muppet show put on by a real dictator.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join