It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCOTUS should NOT Make Former Presidents Immune to Prosecution for Crimes Committed in Office.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

But Trump lawyers argued during his impeachment that they should not impeach him then, that he could have criminal charges after office. Now they want it the opposite way.

Castor while arguing against impeachment:

He finished by arguing that the US justice department would have grounds to arrest Mr Trump if the impeachment allegations against him were true.

"A high crime is a felony, and a misdemeanour is a misdemeanour. After he's out of office, you go and arrest him," Mr Castor said. "The Department of Justice does know what to do with such people. And so far, I haven't seen any activity in that direction."

BBC

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

"He finished by arguing that the US justice department would have grounds to arrest Mr Trump if the impeachment allegations against him were true."

The only way they could be true is if there was a conviction by the Senate....that didn't happen.

posted on Jun, 10 2024 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

No, the basis of his argument was that he was being impeached after his presidency. As he was no longer President the judicial system could charge him.

Now that they did, they state he must be convicted of impeachment before they can charge him.

He was his defense lawyer, he wasn't the charging side. Why would you tell people basically, yeah find him guilty of this and then he can be charged too! I mean we know contrary to what Trump claims, his lawyers have not been the brightest at times, but that would be going pretty far to flip sides.
edit on 10-6-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 01:35 AM
link   
6/18/2024

I hear the Supreme Court is installing a large fence around the building, due to 2 HUGE rulings coming on June 20th.

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

I heard about this this morning. They only ever do that when they're about to piss off the left, so whatever these rulings are are going to be reallllllllly good. Fun times ahead!

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrGashler

I heard about this this morning. They only ever do that when they're about to piss off the left, so whatever these rulings are are going to be reallllllllly good. Fun times ahead!

wonder why the right doesn't burn things down? Too busy at work I guess.

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MrGashler

The Left is screwed. Trump will be in control of a MAGA DOJ in 7 months.

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I'd like to see Matthew Whittaker come back in. He has some good sense about him, and seems to care that what's going on is wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Indeed! Matt collected a lot of dirt on US politicians from El Chapo in a prison deal too...late2020. Lots of scared officials at this moment.

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   
June 29, 2024

Trump-MAGA Momentum Continues Building...

Former President Donald Trump appears to be riding a wave into the November election following his acclaimed debate performance, demands for President Joe Biden to drop out of the race, and a string of Supreme Court rulings.
Source: www.breitbart.com...

Let's hope and pray the Supreme Court renders a decision on Monday that will allow President Trump to have former President Biden and Obama Indicted for crimes they committed while in office.

Fingers Crossed! 🤞

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Wow, your tune certainly changed.

Trump firmly believes the former presidents have complete immunity, he will angry with you.
edit on 29-6-2024 by EndTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: EndTime

My sentiment changed after a respected analyst described how there's no time before the November election for any of the significant Trump-entrapment trials to convene. Let alone have him thrown in prison, if found guilty.

Democrats (Biden/Garland) were not organized and smart enough to bring the Georgia or Jan6th or Classified Document charges early in 2022, like they should have. (People driven by fear and hate, almost always screw up.)

So, if the Supreme Court rules that former Presidents CAN BE INDICTED for alleged crimes committed while they were in office, both OBAMA and BIDEN are documented committing real, verifiable criminal actions. If Donald Trump doesn't "go soft" on them, like he did on Hillary in 2017, Obama and Biden will be arrested. Probably Obama first, for attempting to bring down a sitting President. (aka: Leading an Insurrection.) 💣

posted on Jun, 29 2024 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

A Constitutional Monarchy ?

Hmm... Isn't that an Oxi Moron like Giant Shrimp ?

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

My sentiment changed after a respected analyst described how there's no time before the November election for any of the significant Trump-entrapment trials to convene. Let alone have him thrown in prison, if found guilty.

Democrats (Biden/Garland) were not organized and smart enough to bring the Georgia or Jan6th or Classified Document charges early in 2022, like they should have. (People driven by fear and hate, almost always screw up.)

So, if the Supreme Court rules that former Presidents CAN BE INDICTED for alleged crimes committed while they were in office, both OBAMA and BIDEN are documented committing real, verifiable criminal actions. If Donald Trump doesn't "go soft" on them, like he did on Hillary in 2017, Obama and Biden will be arrested. Probably Obama first, for attempting to bring down a sitting President. (aka: Leading an Insurrection.) 💣

Ah, I see. So, you no longer care about the presidential immunity subject because it is less likely a concern for Trump.

You don’t care about the merits of policy or laws, you are interested purely interested for self centered reasons.

Got it.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndTime

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Ah, I see. So, you no longer care about the presidential immunity subject because it is less likely a concern for Trump.

You don’t care about the merits of policy or laws, you are interested purely interested for self centered reasons.

Got it.

YOU ARE 100% CORRECT sir/madam.

On this subject, I'm being totally selfish and revenge driven.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Monday, July 1, 2024

TOO LATE FOR TRIALS TO CONVENE BEFORE NOV 5th...

WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court is closing out its term tomorrow, with a decision on its biggest case of year − does Donald Trump have immunity as a former president that prevents him from standing trial on charges he tried to overturn the 2020 election.

Whatever the Court decides in this legal battle, in many ways, Trump may already have won the war.

The trial at stake still has months of pretrial preparation pending, with more delays possible, even if the justices don't throw out the charges. Two other pending criminal trials haven’t even been scheduled. In other words, legal experts say, the ruling may already too late to hold any of his three pending criminal trials before the Nov. 5 election.
More at: www.usatoday.com...

Liberal Media (like USA Today) shouldn't be so down. It's possible President Biden could still win and have Donald Trump thrown in prison and gagged for life...which is possibly what Biden wants more than anything, this late in his life.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   
No immunity for non-official acts. In other words, more delays in Trump's favor. Chutkan will rule which indictments don't constitute official acts, which Trump will then be able to appeal.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   
🚨 Obama and Joe Biden are still eligible to be prosecuted! YIPPIE!!

""JUST IN: The Supreme Court ruled Monday that former presidents are entitled to immunity from prosecution for official actions – but not private conduct. The decision comes in response to a case related to Donald Trump’s claims of sweeping immunity in the federal election subversion case. CNN reporters are going through the opinion now and will provide the latest updates.""

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   
A 6/3 decision, following party lines?

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Verdict is in:

www.foxnews.com... /politics/trump-immunity-case-supreme-court-rules-ex-presidents-substantial-protection-prosecution

This, in conjunction with the Fischer ruling pretty much wipes out Jack Smith's case. Take the L and go away.

www.foxnews.com...

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join