It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian nuclear doctrine and the likelihood of nuclear war

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMisguidedAngel

Just allow the ethnic Russian Ukrainians to continue living their lives like they have for centuries.

But they haven't been there for 'centuries'.
The vast majority of Ukrainians of Russian heritage have only been there for a generation or two.
They were forcibly relocated there - a regular occurrence throughout Russian history - as part of Stalin's industrialisation programmes during the 30's and then more so the 50's.

That's why they are mainly situated in the large population centres where all the heavy industry used to be.

And are you seriously suggesting that Putin invaded Ukraine because the Ukrainian government banned the Russian language?

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I think you're probably close enough. One nuke will probably wipe Brit. off the map.

Oldcarpy, I know I'm terrible but can't resist.

edit on 31-5-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

One nuke will probably wipe Brit. off the map.

How big do you think the Russian nukes are ffs.

You may find this utility rather interesting

FYI a typical city buster warhead is about hundreds of kilotons to several megatons.

nuclearsecrecy.com...
edit on 31-5-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I don't know what Putin will do. Honestly. Moreover, he is always unpredictable and responds asymmetrically.
But I am sure that he will never act momentarily, guided by emotions rather than strict analytical calculations.
Moreover, this calculation will not be made by Artificial Intelligence, which the West resorts to because of its laziness and degradation, but the calculation will be carried out by people, analysts who have not lost touch with reality, but work in the interests of people, real people. And it doesn’t matter what country these people live in. Russia needs the whole world, the living world, with all its diversity.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   

ATTENTION...
PLEASE READ....

NOW

BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND/OR IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU MAY BE ABOUT TO HAVE POSTS REMOVED.
That includes posts alluding to the sobriety status of other members!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU MAY BE TEMPORARILY POST BANNED!

AND, PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS NO MORE MUD PIT....MUD NOT ALLOWED. Just because the MUD PIT is gone, doesn't mean ATS allows muddy politics.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.
Those who refuse to get that concept may be POST BANNED!!!

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Edit: Not worth the bother
edit on 31-5-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I wouldn't! I think this entire situation is a sad tragedy that should have, could have been avoided if the warmongering zealots controlling us had realized their misadventures. This travesty would have, could have been avoided if they envisioned the results of their zealotry. They have gone too far at this point to turn back now. They are in it to the very end. For them, there is no stopping now. Like any narcissist, they can not and will not, ever, acknowledge their mistakes.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

You still forget, or choose to ignore, how we helped you to defeat the Nazis, at huge cost, with our convoys.

Without that, you'd be speaking German

Sounds familiar.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I heard a story long ago. There was this man who happened to have a flat tire just as he was passing by a mental hospital. He jacked up the car, removed the flat and carried it to the nearest station to have it fixed. While he was gone, someone stole all of the lugnuts holding the tire on. After pondering the problem for some time, a patient of that mental facility came out to him and suggested he remove one each from the other 3 wheels and remount the tire that had been flat. The driver of that car looked at the patient with amazement and wonder when the patient said, I'm in here because I am crazy. Not because I am stupid. LOL

I don't know which is the more dangerous. The one who is insane or the one who is stupid. LOL
edit on 31-5-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMichiganSwampBuck

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

I wasn't commenting on another topic, and yet I could cause drift. The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Let me rephrase my censored post.

This Cold War era propaganda sinks of U.S. influence and I think it's about as Russian as Boris and Natasha from the Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoon. Mind you I am talking about the propaganda in this thread as my topic, this Cold War threat of nuclear arms by Russia, and not insinuating anything about the member that started this thread that isn't already obvious.

Go ahead and censor me again, I'll be disappointed if you don't.
edit on 5/31/2024 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: Corrections

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Tolkien

Except we promised to help defend Ukrainian sovereignty when they got rid of their nukes.

If we capitulate, than nations who are under the umbrella of protection may seek to become nuclear powers. South Korea has thought about doing this recently and I’m sure there are others who aren’t public about it.

The EU only has one nuclear nation, and there are several other regions in earth that have imbalance in power dynamics making nuclear options more appealing.

We still haven’t directly gotten involved. Russia has engaged in proxy warfare against us in the past and even recent history. So it’s not like this is completely unique.

We did help.
100s of Billions of OUR tax money and OUR weapons.
Gifted to them

Ukraine lost the war anyway, so bad they are running out of soldiers and kidnapping their own citizens off the streets to send them to the front.

What do you propose now ?
THEY ARE OUT OF SOLDIERS !!!!

And NO !
Neither me nor my sons will go fight their war for them nor will we accept a forced conscription.

posted on May, 31 2024 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: BedevereTheWise

Photos do not satisfy you as evidence.
Besides:
1. You did not carefully read the Russian nuclear doctrine. "THE BLINDING OF AWS AS A RESULT OF ENEMY INFLUENCE MEANS THE AUTOMATIC LAUNCH OF OUR MISSILES IN THE DIRECTION OF ENEMY TARGETS INCLUDED IN THE FLIGHT PROGRAMS. THIS IS CALLED COUNTER STRIKE."
Do you understand what you read? AUTOMATIC LAUNCH WITH PRE-ENTERED FLIGHT TASKS."
And all your verbiage has no meaning.

2. Japan, which was subjected to nuclear bombing, did not even attack the United States. Pearl Harbor, along with the state of Hawaii, became a US territory only in 1959. This did not stop the United States from launching two nuclear strikes on the peaceful cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Giving monkeys grenades is fraught with unpredictable results.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 03:44 AM
link   

That makes more sense.

Obviously, the reason i asked was down to the statement you made regarding London and Washington DC.

Which i take it was hyperbole.

Putin does indeed tick the narcissist box.

As to going too far, they have not gone any further than Ukraine.

The buck stops there no matter what happens.

edit on 1-6-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Well would you look at that?

Another beautiful day and we are still here.

Does your automated antiquated piece of p@ss nuclear response system possibly need some new AA batteries RT?

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Tolkien

Ukraine lost the war anyway, so bad they are running out of soldiers and kidnapping their own citizens off the streets to send them to the front.

What do you propose now ?
THEY ARE OUT OF SOLDIERS !!!!

They haven't lost the war yet. Neither did Russia achieve any significant progress. The fight is still going on.

And NO !
Neither me nor my sons will go fight their war for them nor will we accept a forced conscription.

You seem to forget that Russia is not the world's only problem. The war with China is coming. You can scream in caps lock all you want but when the s**t hits the fan, you or your sons will be going to war. Or suffer its consequences. Your permission won't be required.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Its HILARIOUS that the OP does not realize That fallout will kill a majority of russians if they launch a full strike.
And normal sized nukes are more survivable if they are air burst.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

If the nukes are targeting cities.

I think they air burst at about 1000ft down to the fact that its a majority of soft targets aka buildings and people they are supposed to destroy.

Its all about the overpressure generated by the explosion where city busting is the goal.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I think they air burst at about 1000ft down to the fact that its a majority of soft targets aka buildings and people they are supposed to destroy.

I think Russia is already full of hot air from the Kremlin, adding Nukes to the mix is only going to make living in Russia unbarable for the Russia people.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well would you look at that?

Another beautiful day and we are still here.

Does your automated antiquated piece of p@ss nuclear response system possibly need some new AA batteries RT?

Putin and his nuclear saber rattling are a friggin joke. Like, hes the only clown in the world with nukes. Yeah, go ahead, Vlad, go ahead and fire off a nuke like a little bitch. Watch that strip west of the Urals from Volgograd to the arctic where 90% of the Russian population lives get turned into a glass crater. In case you forgot, we have nukes too. And have been known to use them in the past with no regrets.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: burritocat

I can only see him using a tactical nuke if backed into a corner. Would that mean WW3? I don't know.

Would Xi let him? Doubt it.

It's all rhetoric and sabre rattling.

As for a first strike, against the West, what would be the point?

It would be suicide. China would lose it's huge export market and in Russia, China is the Boss.

Putin is Xi's lapdog. He just keeps yapping. He needs muzzling.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join