It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian nuclear doctrine and the likelihood of nuclear war

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: burritocat

I can only see him using a tactical nuke if backed into a corner. Would that mean WW3? I don't know.

Would Xi let him? Doubt it.

It's all rhetoric and sabre rattling.

As for a first strike, against the West, what would be the point?

It would be suicide. China would lose it's huge export market and in Russia, China is the Boss.

Putin is Xi's lapdog. He just keeps yapping. He needs muzzling.

I agree here. Putin is Xis bitch now, so hes probably more under control than he was before. But instead of a muzzle, he needs a ball gag and gimp mask to more accurately reflect the new relationship.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: burritocat

True!

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Tolkien

Screaming words in block capitals and bold aside.

If Polish people/soldiers were to go and fight in Ukraine.

What do you imagine Putin would have to say about that considering their NATO status?

That would be a severe escalation and a silly thing to do.

Ukraine is fighting for its very survival as a nation.

twistedpuppy or Poland has not invaded anyone that's Putin and the Russian Federation.
edit on 1-6-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think it is time to end the human race.
and they will All be ended.

both sides have nuc subs that will bomb
whats left if they dont get radio contacts.

US east cost has deep sea USSR nucs.
a very big wave will take out Washington, D.C.
they have timers six month+/-.
if no reset it goes off.

oh and They are Not in bunkers in USA.
try Africa or just nuc it! or around Brazil.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Scratchpost

Another cheerleader for WW3?

Altogether, I think it would be best avoided.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I think it is time to end the human race.

If life is such an inconvenience I'm sure you know where the exit lies.

But some of us have grown quite partial to existence.

As to the rest of that nonsense, broken English at best, and gibberish ta boot.

Nuclear war is a mugs game Scratchpost and the world is sill a very M.A.D place to exist.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Another cheerleader for WW3?

Altogether, I think it would be best avoided.

Well it seems like the ones that keep sending “aid” to “Azov” is dwindling.

Once that barrel is completely squashed and demilitarized, what’s next?

Keep feeding the dumpster fire. Because it’s a burnin’

Vote Brandon.

edit on 1-6-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You want OTHER people to go fight and die, not your "precious self"....

You seem to have reading comprehension issues. I wasn't saying I wanted you to go and fight. What I mean is that in the case of the global war or any conflict your country is involved in, all males eligible for the military service might be mobilized if there's a need for it. Nobody will be asking you for your opinion or permission.

You and the OP seem to believe that people's personal opinions have some influence on the course of history. That it's enough to scream "I don't want the war" to stop the worst from happening. But in fact you're powerless like everyone else. You're also one of the people who believe that there exist politicians who actually care what their voters think. Nothing could be further from the truth. But maybe, just maybe, empty chest beating and trade wars will guarantee the world peace.

(post by Tolkien removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

What is it about Ukraine running out of soldiers you do not understand ?

De facto, Ukraine HAS lost the war.
No soldiers
No can fight

Continuing the fight at this point is just genocide of the remianing Ukrainians

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I dont think you have anything of the sort never mind "it".

I did not invade Ukraine that was Putin's scum Russian Federation forces.

And i dont want anyone to die if it can be helped.

Doesn't mean i wish to see the people of Ukraine capitulate to invader scum in the wrong postcode and at the bequest of Mad Vlad Putin.

Again Polish forces fighting for Ukraine would be a silly thing to do given they are under the umbrella of NATO.

If you could get that it might be nice.

And good luck with the silly name calling by the way.

Calling people "coward" at the end of a keyboard says it all really. LoL

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Continuing the fight at this point is just genocide of the remianing Ukrainians

Do you see them wanting to capitulate and give up in droves?

Maybe they would rather die on their feet than live on their knees?

And to the last Man if need be.

Possibly something to consider.

You dont get to tell them when to give up and go home Tolkien.

You do not have that right any more than i do or anyone else.

If they wish to fight for their land and fellow countrymen, rather than surrender to invaders, then so be it.

Its there choice to make and their lives to give.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Military.com

The latest version of the R-36 intercontinental ballistic missile (called SS-18 by NATO) could hit anywhere in the U.S. with at least 10 18-25 megaton nuclear warheads.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

It is fairly obvious that it could be argued that Russia invaded the Eastern Ukraine. But if you look closely an analyse the rhetoric. Invade turns to invited. Which appears to be the case as an invaded country would be placing a high cost on the invaders with a constant stream of sabotage and other types of disruption. This has not happened, the same goes for Crimea.In fact most of the inhabitants , are glad to get out of the Dystopian #hole which the Ukraine has become, along with a high proportion of the population leaving and prefering to be any where else but there. In the end the truth gets out mainly because people have the realisation that only one side of the argument is being let loose on the western public, this has become a trend in these past few years where the truth is controlled for the marrative, but whatever is obvious to the independent observer. Absolutly no peace talks are taking place on what appears to be the early days of a NATO war with Russia.
A very high amount of the Western public will not be going to war with Russia.I suggest that if it happens there will be so much turmoil it would be akin to a revolution starting in the West that will get out of control, much like what happened to Russia during the first world war. Pheraps this is understood by the players and is the desired outcome. Trust in politicians has to be approaching zero in Russia and the West. How many Brits would die for the present cluster of Royals and politicians when the only invasion threatened is already happening at the behest of the present governing body?
edit on pm620246America/Chicago630113024 by annonentity because: (no reason given)

edit on pm620246America/Chicago630123024 by annonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2024 @ 03:05 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2024 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yubyub
I thought we were all meant to be wiped out last week in a nuclear strike?

Are Russiab threats empty or something

I think last week it was get drowned in a nuclear tsunami.

I can't wait for next week's exciting instalment of nuclear armageddon.

posted on Jun, 2 2024 @ 03:17 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2024 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

This has not happened, the same goes for Crimea.In fact most of the inhabitants , are glad to get out of the Dystopian #hole which the Ukraine has become, along with a high proportion of the population leaving and prefering to be any where else but there.

Oh really? And how many of those people left the "Dystopian #hole which the Ukraine has become" for the Dystopian #hole which Russia has always been?

Or maybe I should ask how many were forcibly deported from the occupied Ukrainian territories to Russia, especially children? What has been happening in Crimea since 2014 is the forced relocation. The Ukrainians have been either deported or they left by themselves. In their place Russia has been sending in its citizens. It's nothing else than colonization.

And before you jump in saying it's all the Western propaganda, well... it isn't because this is what Russia did earlier during the communist times, that is relocating the whole Ukrainian societies and dispersing them across various remote regions of the USSR. That was done with the aim of combatting the Ukrainian Insurgent Army. Poland did that too by the way. It's an old Soviet way of dealing with dissidents and guerrillas.

And yeah Crimea is such a paradise, especially for persecuted Ukrainians and Tatars. True, the infrastructure improved but that doesn't go in pair with the higher living standards of ordinary people. The prices soared and incomes stay low, with the exception of the government employees.

A very high amount of the Western public will not be going to war with Russia.I suggest that if it happens there will be so much turmoil it would be akin to a revolution starting in the West that will get out of control, much like what happened to Russia during the first world war.

Yeah sure. I remember all these riots, burning cities, barricades and revolution committees during the Corona Crazy. Fun times.

Aux armes, citoyens,
Formez vos bataillons!
Marchons! Marchons!

Do you really believe in what you're saying?

If and when the conflict escalates into a global war, you and other citizens will have no say. You don't have to go to war with Russia. Russia will go to war with you.

Anyway, whatever makes you sleep better.
edit on 2-6-2024 by twistedpuppy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join