It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It has begun... Iran begins attack on Israel, launches tons of drones towards the country

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Iran has garbage.
Weak ineffective drones.
Ballistic missiles that can barely get off the ground.
An ancient Air Force several generations behind Israel.
They will get what’s coming to them.
Israel is not messing around.
Nobody in the Middle East will or can help Iran.
They are essentially a one legged man in a buttkicking contest.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Kind of funny that Israel had plenty of time to prepare and hit the majority of drones out of the air, jep, Iran will make themselves look bad and ugly after all they have to keep their legions of martyrs dying for their cause, while the leadership live in luxury, but they have not really any meaningful power as a nation beside suicide bombers.

Iran is as backwards as all the proxies they fund.

And as much as I hate their authoritarian regime, I’m not assuming everything the proxies do are under the direct guidance of Iran.

We tell Israel our wishes all the time, and they’ve gone against them under multiple US administrations… not just this weak one.

How many proxies have we had in the Middle East who went rogue?

The official statement from both the US and Israel was that there was no intelligence to show Iran directly called for the Oct 7th attack.

I’m not defending Iran, that can’t be done.

What I’m doing is piecing together the sudden narrative that Iran is somehow doing unprovoked attacks in the region. It was a response to the embassy bombing. People can justify that bombing if they wish, but there was a response.

I imagine there will be another response if Israel hits back after a theatrical demonstration that saved Iran face while Israel got to walk away with the win.

I don’t want to get dragged into another Middle East war. And people will claim we can just do tactical strikes, but if Israel gets hit too hard we all know that’s off the table.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

I assume that was Israel’s assessment of Hamas when they rotated troops to bolster the West Bank before October.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I don’t believe Israel’s assessment of Iran’s impotent military has anything to with hamas.
Look, any weapons pointed at your country are not cool and have to be accounted for.
However, there is no fear factor for Iran’s joke of a military.
There’s no risk of escalating anything with Iran into a regional war.
Iran is hated in the Middle East. For good reason.
Syria would help them, but at this point they can barely help themselves with the civil war.
If Iran didn’t want any, they shouldn’t have started any.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Excellent, means we shouldn’t have to lift a finger.

If Israel is cool with taking on Iran with only material and intelligence support, so be it.

So long as they know they don’t get bailed out if their gamble doesn’t work out.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ImagoDei
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

There goes your black and white worldview showing itself again. Nuance isn't your strong suit, politics has brainwashed you and clouded your critical thinking skills.

My bad. Maybe I should post some bumper sticker slogans from the early 90s like you do. Yeah, big thinking going on there.

Damn I must have really hurt your little feels the other day. You've been following me around to like 4 threads now.
edit on 16-4-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Iran has decent air defenses. I wouldn't worry too much about them getting the Su-35 though.

First of all, just getting them doesn't mean their pilots will be effective in them. That takes a while. And they'd still be no match for Israel's air force and air defenses.

Still, this is all the more reason if Israel is gonna strike, they should do so sooner rather than later.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Justoneman

Not all Democrats are Communist though are they? Why am I being called a bigot and antisemitic because I'm calling out the warmongers in the Israeli leadership? Seems kind of hypocritical if you ask me.

""Not all Democrats are Communist though are they?""
There's always enough to make the others pay. 😀 Always has been.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Poll: 74% of Israelis oppose counterstrike on Iran if it harms security alliances

I'm the last one to defend Biden but he hasn't said our security alliance is in jeopardy if Israel strikes back. He just said we wouldn't join such a strike. And the administration said we would continue to assist Israel to defend against incoming attacks.

In that light, this seems like a loaded poll designed specifically to make it look like the Israeli public doesn't want to strike back.

Pollsters do this all the time. They word questions to elicit a desired response.

US polls on abortion bear this out. If a pollster asks if women should have the right to an abortion, you get like 60-70% "Yes" responses. But if you ask if there should be restrictions on late-term abortion, you'll also get a majority "Yes."

I would bet most Israelis want to strike back at Iran, and if you asked them do they want to strike back if the US promised to help defend them (which is the actual situation right now), I'd bet majority would say yes. But without the data to back it up that's just my speculation.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOS

I'm not the one asking other people to go to war. I'll leave that to you guys. Oh wait, we know the ones calling for war are the last ones that would ever go themselves.

Have fun.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Oh wait, we know the ones calling for war are the last ones that would ever go themselves..

I was in the US Army for five years.
I agreed to go to war if the USA deemed it necessary.
And yes, I say Israel has a right to self defense.
If that includes war .. then that's their call.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Then don't act like the soldiers in other countries are bad guys for fighting back. They're just standing up for their country, they're not supporting terrorism just like you believe American soldiers aren't supporting terrorism even though America has been committing terrorism in the Middle East for decades now with its neverending wars.

An oath means nothing if it means turning a blind eye to evil.
edit on 16-4-2024 by ImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ImagoDei

Sorry? Have I got this right? You don't think Iran sponsors terrorism?

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Then don't act like the soldiers in other countries are bad guys for fighting back. They're just standing up for their country, they're not supporting terrorism just like you believe American soldiers aren't supporting terrorism even though America has been committing terrorism in the Middle East for decades now with its neverending wars.

An oath means nothing if it means turning a blind eye to evil.

They dropped in on powered para-gliders at a concert and many small peaceful settlements raped and murdered childern in front of their parents then killed most of them, took a couple hundred hostages raped and killed a lot of them. Why aren't they the bad guys again?
edit on 16-4-2024 by SomeStupidName because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2024 by SomeStupidName because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
So you believe the lies about states like Arizona and GA with stopping the count and the vote changing dramatically for Biden and also agree Hillary won in 2016?

originally posted by: Consvoli

originally posted by: marg6043
Democrats with their mentally challenged lame duck in the white house are cowards, spineless and ready to sacrifice American citizens as long as they keep the terrorist abroad and in our own nation happy.

They welcome terrorist into our country every day at the border.

We Americans needs to eradicate the democratic party once and for all they are endangering our nation.

Do you remember how many votes Biden got last time? More than Trump.

Remember how many votes Hillary got? More than Trump.

Your solution is a fantasy...

The situation is critical and independent of party politics. Avoiding a wider conflict or WW3 must be the objective.

All sides must convinced the conflict leads nowhere.

I am just quoting official results. Nothing else.

Point is this situation isn't related to left and right wing politics and de-escalation must be the objective.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

Every nation has asked that the tensions calm between the two, including the two supporters of Israel and Iran, the US and Russia.

Iran has said they don’t want this conflict to escalate.

I’d imagine most Americans don’t want this to escalate.

Which leaves only Israel seemingly wanting a possible war, maybe even just their leaders.

We allegedly shot down around half of the incoming ordinance. We subsidize the Iron Dome.

Israel has free healthcare and beats us on certain metrics of standard of living. Israel doesn’t send their own for our wars.

So I ask, why should we be beholden to them for a conflict no one wants but them?

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Of course they do, just like America sponsors it's own flavor or terrorism. The chauvinists won't ever see it that way though.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeStupidName

Read up on all the horrible things American troops did in Vietnam and Afghanistan. Or you could cover your ears and run away, your choice.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 01:30 PM
link   

No one in their right mind wants this to escalate.

If Israel's leaders want this then that's down to them.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Iran has said they don’t want this conflict to escalate.

They held a massive strike against Israel.
If they didn't want it to escalate, they shouldn't have done that.

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join