It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYAG Letitia James Prepares to Begin Seizing TRUMP Assets Even Though There Was No Crime.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Justoneman
Only loons and losers who want to steal things take this approach like AG James has perpetrated upon all of NYC, period. To call a successful transaction that helped both parties in a two party contract as fraudulent sounds absurd to even a dumbass.

Fraud is the purposeful misrepresentation of fact. For fraud to have occurred, it isn’t necessary for there to have been damages incurred by a victim.

But assuming that all the elements of fraud are proved, restitution, even full restitution with interest, does not excuse the fraud.

I didn’t make it up.

Fraud is fraud. It is a crime.

Trump was found guilty. It is what it is.

Trying to twist it to not be what it is — is really ridiculous.

It's a civil case not a criminal, now why I wonder could it be they knew they had zero evidence that would hold up in criminal court?

If it's such a "crime", why did they pursue it in civil court?

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Only loons and losers who want to steal things take this approach like AG James has perpetrated upon all of NYC, period. To call a successful transaction that helped both parties in a two party contract as fraudulent sounds absurd to even a dumbass.

Fraud is the purposeful misrepresentation of fact. For fraud to have occurred, it isn’t necessary for there to have been damages incurred by a victim.

But assuming that all the elements of fraud are proved, restitution, even full restitution with interest, does not excuse the fraud.

I didn’t make it up.

It's a civil case not a criminal, now why I wonder could it be they knew they had zero evidence that would hold up in criminal court?

Probably the old "We didn't think we'd get a jury to find him guilty" excuse used by FBI Director James Comey (Hillary Clinton) in 2016, and last month by Special Counsel Robert Hur, regarding Joe Biden.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I didn’t make it up.

Fraud is still a crime.

. . . civil fraud aims to recover assets or obtain compensation.

www.bing.com... YIAhAAGEAyBggDEAAYQDIGCAQQABhAMgYIBRAAGEAyBggGEAAYQDIGCAcQABhAMgYICBAAGEDSAQg2MTYwajBqMagCALACAA&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=DCTS&showconv=1

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

originally posted by: Boomer1947

originally posted by: WeMustCare
Thursday, March 21, 2024

If what this evil duo are doing is LEGAL and CONSTITUTIONAL, there probably nothing that can be done to stop it, and other business owners in New York state and similar states, should think about playing it safe, and moving out.

-WeMustCare

Those other business owners could always just decide to obey the law.

Seems like a much easier solution, to me.

Well, no laws were broken. There was no crime. Even the banks said that.

Do you know, in NYS, IF YOU GO TO A GAS STATION TO BUY A LIGHTER AND AREN'T 21, THEY WILL NOT SELL IT TO YOU.

NYS requires 21 yo to buy a lighter.

So kids don't start smoking, of course..

So no, doesn't matter if you break the law or not. NYS will go after you on a whim.

They literally changed laws so psyco Carroll could sue him.

Fraud is a crime.

Greze.

Nothing in a CIVIL court is a crime.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

originally posted by: WeMustCare
Thursday, March 21, 2024

If what this evil duo are doing is LEGAL and CONSTITUTIONAL, there probably nothing that can be done to stop it, and other business owners in New York state and similar states, should think about playing it safe, and moving out.

-WeMustCare

Those other business owners could always just decide to obey the law.

Seems like a much easier solution, to me.

Well, no laws were broken. There was no crime. Even the banks said that.

Do you know, in NYS, IF YOU GO TO A GAS STATION TO BUY A LIGHTER AND AREN'T 21, THEY WILL NOT SELL IT TO YOU.

NYS requires 21 yo to buy a lighter.

So kids don't start smoking, of course..

So no, doesn't matter if you break the law or not. NYS will go after you on a whim.

They literally changed laws so psyco Carroll could sue him.

Fraud is a crime.

Greze.

Nothing in a CIVIL court is a crime.

By any other name.

It is still a crime.

But feel free to call it a fraudulent act.

edit on pm33America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

originally posted by: Asher47
a reply to: Boomer1947

There were no victims here. If anyone should be held accountable it should the bank/banks that loaned him money..they didn't due their due diligence...like they should have.....they didn't care. The banks knew the loans would be paid in full...all the while benefiting from $$ earned off of an interest rate on a loan in a higher amount than maybe should have been....if only they did their appraisals and due diligence. I have a feeling they didn't care...they conducted business with Trump in the past and knew he was good for his word.....it's on the banks.
If I called my bank and asked for a loan against my home for 30,000,000 when it's only worth $800,000 they would be doing some appraising...

This is a hit job...luckily we may not have a NYC as we know it for much longer...the geniuses who keep voting in the trash have sent it.over the edge...the illegals are going to destroy what's left.

So, you think when someone gets defrauded, it's their fault for being misled?

No, it's their fault for not doing their due diligence as they should have. That's on them, not Trump.

Defrauding people is against the law. 18 U.S. Code Chapter 47 - FRAUD AND FALSE STATEMENTS

If you defraud people, you break the law. Simple as that.

If you cross into this country as a non-resident, you break the law. Simple as that.

Apparently not so simple:

8 U.S. Code § 1158 - Asylum

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   

There were no victims here. If anyone should be held accountable it should the bank/banks that loaned him money..they didn't due their due diligence...like they should have.....they didn't care. The banks knew the loans would be paid in full...all the while benefiting from $$ earned off of an interest rate on a loan in a higher amount than maybe should have been....if only they did their appraisals and due diligence. I have a feeling they didn't care...they conducted business with Trump in the past and knew he was good for his word.....it's on the banks.
If I called my bank and asked for a loan against my home for 30,000,000 when it's only worth $800,000 they would be doing some appraising...

This is a hit job...luckily we may not have a NYC as we know it for much longer...the geniuses who keep voting in the trash have sent it.over the edge...the illegals are going to destroy what's left.

No, it's their fault for not doing their due diligence as they should have. That's on them, not Trump.

Defrauding people is against the law. 18 U.S. Code Chapter 47 - FRAUD AND FALSE STATEMENTS

If you cross into this country as a non-resident, you break the law. Simple as that.

Can't say how many times we've been over this.

Once on US soil they can request asylum. Then they have to be processed.

Does not matter how they got here.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Whom was frauded?

Americans. He ran a political campaign based upon fraudulent claims of his business success. He cheated on tax, too.

But in this specific case, he defrauded the people who had purchased or invested in the properties. Not the banks, which were the middle-men on the money transactions. The banks are implicated in the fraud, but have plausible deniability.

To some extent, Trump defrauded the customers of the banks, too. It was their money that the banks loaned to Trump and which were not secured by sufficient actual value to have been a good investment.

edit on 2024-03-22T14:21:00-05:0002Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:21:00 -050003pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: arcticshuffle

Whom was frauded?

He’ll probably say something brilliant like
“everybody”.

That’s the level they’re operating at now.

Especially since the only possible victims, the lenders, say they weren’t affected.

The lenders were the middlemen on the transactions.

Banks manage and supposedly protect the monies owned by their customers. The only bit the banks actually own is skimmed off the top of their customers money in fees and interest.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 02:18 PM
link   

"illegal" alien: a foreign person who is in a country without having official permission to live there. Simple as that.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 02:18 PM
link   

That doesn't change the fact that they're breaking the law as soon as they get here, Annee.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 02:29 PM
link   

That doesn't change the fact that they're breaking the law as soon as they get here, Annee.

They HAVE TO BE on US soil in order to claim asylum in the first place. They can't do it UNLESS they are on US soil. It doesn't matter how they got here, but they have to get here before they can claim asylum.

edit on 3820242024k29America/Chicago2024-03-22T14:29:38-05:0002pm2024-03-22T14:29:38-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Like I say. I don't make the rules.

Gotta change the rule/code" 8 U.S. Code § 1158 - Asylum

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 02:37 PM
link   

By any other name.

It is still a crime.

But feel free to call it a fraudulent act.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

Banks aren't "people"

Banks are a collective of people who represent the financial interests of an even larger collective of people (their customers).

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Americans. He ran a political campaign based upon fraudulent claims of his business success. He cheated on tax, too.

So I guess his Digital Media company going Public with a 4 billion windfall is not a success? He also never cheated on taxes he used the tax code the government provides.

But in this specific case, he defrauded the people who had purchased or invested in the properties. Not the banks, which were the middle-men on the money transactions. The banks are implicated in the fraud, but have plausible deniability.

How? Do you mean he defrauded who sold it for less than it should be? This comment makes no sense. He was given a price by the seller. He got a loan. He paid it off. Where is the fraud to anyone? It does not exist.

To some extent, Trump defrauded the customers of the banks, too. It was their money that the banks loaned to Trump and which were not secured by sufficient actual value to have been a good investment.

A bank can say no. So, why did they not do that? Because they knew he was good for it, he was, and they collected interest.

There was no crime and there was no victim.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

So I guess his Digital Media company going Public with a 4 billion windfall is not a success?

So, he sells two companies - 60% to himself - and now has billions more than he had before? Where did the extra money come from? Is that 40% worth the billions that must have been paid for it?

He also never cheated on taxes he used the tax code the government provides.

Former President Donald Trump's company is found guilty of criminal tax fraud

How? Do you mean he defrauded who sold it for less than it should be? This comment makes no sense. He was given a price by the seller. He got a loan. He paid it off. Where is the fraud to anyone? It does not exist.

But Trump knew the price that he bought things for, but the banks and investors didn't, and yet he got out a loan for hundreds of millions and has been charging tenants and investors based upon the fraud.

It's like with his NFT's, worthless stuff that haven't cost him more than a couple of hundred dollars all-up to produce, being sold at ridiculous prices each. He is a scam artist. A fraud.

A bank can say no. So, why did they not do that? Because they knew he was good for it, he was, and they collected interest.

There was no crime and there was no victim.

There were lots and lots of victims and he has been found guilty of a crime - again.

edit on 2024-03-22T15:43:22-05:0003Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:43:22 -050003pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   

1. He should not have to sell anything. There was no crime.
2. Someone in his company was convicted of tracking fringe benefits.
3. Not one criminal conviction. Civil cases because it is the only way they could get a case. No one can state who the victim is in this case. No one.

It is not about defending someone. It is about calling out the State of NY.

edit on Marpm31pmf0000002024-03-22T15:44:20-05:000320 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

Looks like Mr. Trump Might save his Properties from a Forced Sale After all .

" Establishment Media Fail Again as Trump’s Truth Social’s Big Merger Approved "

" On Friday morning, shareholders of Digital World Acquisition Corporation (DWAC)—which is a SPAC, or special purpose acquisition company—approved a long-delayed merger with Trump Media & Technology Group—unlocking significant resources for the expansion of Truth Social and also perhaps providing Trump himself with a major payday worth several billion dollars."

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

Looks like Mr. Trump Might save his Properties from a Forced Sale After all .

" Establishment Media Fail Again as Trump’s Truth Social’s Big Merger Approved "

" On Friday morning, shareholders of Digital World Acquisition Corporation (DWAC)—which is a SPAC, or special purpose acquisition company—approved a long-delayed merger with Trump Media & Technology Group—unlocking significant resources for the expansion of Truth Social and also perhaps providing Trump himself with a major payday worth several billion dollars."

www.breitbart.com...

Or it's more fraud that will just take a while to figure out?

You realize that he can just keep doing this over and over until the penny drops that he is a serial fraudster?

edit on 2024-03-22T15:56:40-05:0003Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:56:40 -050003pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join