It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russian T-72B3 tank destroyed another Abrams during a tank duel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: RussianTroll

How many tanks does Russia have left or have been destroyed on the battlefield?

Oh you don’t need to worry, they’re busy grinding the rust off the T-50’s now. They had or have something close to 60,000 tanks rusting in the mountains, Urals I think, but could be wrong. Even have a few 2nd world war models there I believe. We would call it a museum but for the Russians it’s cutting edge supplies.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: dragonridr

Think about the stock in the company that makes the Abrams. And will anyone want to buy this tank?

And so many billions of dollars were spent on advertising.....

In Russia, 30 MBT T-90 tanks are produced every day and up to 40 T-72 tanks are modernized. Every day.
Brag about such productions))))

Are you insane general dynamics isn't worried about abrams sales. They are already restricted on what they can include. This is why they had to send stripped down versions to Ukraine. The US government owns the only facility that makes abrams its the Lima army tank plant in Ohio. This facility is owned by the US government and managed by General Dynamics. Sales are not important however there is waiting lists for countries to receive abrams what packages they are allowed to have is dependent on the US government.

Now the t90 is a joke biggest problem is the engine itself they break down alot in fact thus is how Ukraine got ahold of them. Then there is other factors so manufacturing wasn't even able to complete foreign orders. Lucky for Russia a lot of those countries are canceling their orders.

When they have to pull out t55s to the battlefield this shows you the problem in manufacturing. The reason they did this is the engines a easily repaired and uses no electronics.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM19688

"Futting edge supplies", shurley? Shome mistake?

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: ARM19688

"Futting edge supplies", shurley? Shome mistake?

Are you trying to be amusing or do we need to call an ambulance?

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Revisionist history did you already forget the Russian convoys being torn up by the Ukrainians? Tanks use fuel moving or not so they started running out of fuel just trying to convoy to Kiev. Several were literally left on thr side of the road unable to move. Then to make matters worse Ukrainians snuck in and light up the tanks making further road blocks and extending thr time it took the convoy to move.

Russia in no way removed them because they wanted to it was because they couldn't get to Kiev as logistics fell apart. Russia has a hard time extending to far beyond rail heads because they just don't have the capacity to move equipment. And the whole supply structure is insane.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Yes they destroyed the black sea fleet and don't really have a navy to speak of.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

What I think is funny is thise north Korean shells are blowing up barrels because shells bursting prematurely within the barrels of their guns and mortars, resulting in the loss of military hardware and in casualties because of the inconsistent manufacturing. And apparently 1 in 10 just won't fire. To give you an idea western standard is 1 out of every 10 thousand is a dud.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: Vermilion

Those rooskie slingshots are super duper deadly and stuff.

What difference does it make if these "Russian slingshots" costing less than dinner in a restaurant effectively burn super-duper tanks worth 5-10 million dollars))))

Feel free to destroy as many as those ukie tankers as you like.
They paid for them.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Now the t90 is a joke biggest problem is the engine itself they break down alot in fact thus is how Ukraine got ahold of them. Then there is other factors so manufacturing wasn't even able to complete foreign orders. Lucky for Russia a lot of those countries are canceling their orders.

When they have to pull out t55s to the battlefield this shows you the problem in manufacturing. The reason they did this is the engines a easily repaired and uses no electronics.

T90 has some real fundamental issues with weak points that make them very vulnerable and ammo storage location that tends to blow up due to that, but hey keep making them.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Think about that.

The Ukrainian military is that puny and wasteful they send weapon systems into a live theatre with neophyte crew.

a reply to: PorkChop96

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Video of a tank duel when Abrams was destroyed.

ria.ru...

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Do you not have any video of the Sergey Kotov getting taken out with a couple of speedboat drones?

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Do you not have any video of the Sergey Kotov getting taken out with a couple of speedboat drones?

That would probably be illegal to view in Russia. Arrested then forced to the front lines of Ukraine to become cannon fodder, just for talking about it… probably.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It's just blatant propaganda.

I too would rather measure mechanical Johnson's than talk about the actual consequences of war. It's much more fun to talk about "glorious" tank dying that just happens to be older than the Russian federation. Why would I talk about AWACS, ships and jets going down when I can talk about tanks and missile defenses of yesteryear that idiots can manage to operate?

Hilariously tragic... Like gloating about terrorists sinking civilian ships thinking it's a win against the imperialists.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 05:27 AM
link   

any official numbers of tanks lost in Russia yet?

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Quite a few by the looks of it, plus the majority of the crews that get cooked good and proper also down to poor design.

According to one count, the Russian armed forces went to war in Ukraine in February 2022 with 2,987 tanks. After 23 months of hard fighting, the Russians have lost at least 2,619 tanks that independent analysts can confirm.

www.forbes.com...
edit on 7-3-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

As most know, there are three sides to the truth. Since it was claimed the numbers given were lies, I'd like to hear the Russia numbers to compare to the "official" numbers.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

any official numbers of tanks lost in Russia yet?

Of course not. No belligerent party ever publishes its own casualty figures.
I can judge by the loss of people by the correlation of losses from my Saratov region. Each victim is buried in Saratov Victory Park next to the monument and with all names indicated. Losing equipment is an even more difficult task. I remember that during the 2nd Lebanon War, if the Israelis managed to evacuate at least a piece of the track of a damaged Merkava, then it was officially considered restored.
But the losses of soldiers and officers in Iraq and Afghanistan were counted only among those killed directly on the battlefield. Those who died during evacuation or in hospitals were not counted.
So counting losses is impossible.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Me to network dude.

But i don't expect them to provide the truth.

The numbers are apt to be somewhere in between.

Put it this way it's clear Russia has serious problems with the likes of their armed forces carrying out blitzkrieg and/or combined arms.
edit on 7-3-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

What else were they supposed to do when they were just minding their own business when they were invaded out of nowhere?

Regardless, for being new to these weapon systems, they are holding their own against the Russians.

Granted, not sure fi that says more about them or Russia.....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join