It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Diversity Officer Accused of 40 Counts of Plagiarism

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

If it was used correctly then it would be tolerated, but it's not

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

originally posted by: quintessentone

I don't misrepresent anything, you just want to view it that way. That is a you problem

"Guilty before proven innocent when it involves anything having to do with the left" tell that to anything to do with Trump....

You do misrepresent people. You go off topic then push for off topic sources, when I refuse to continue the off topic whatever, rant you want to go on, you get butthurt and cherry pick a quote without context.

This, right here, is off topic.

I am on topic and you, per usual, want to drag off topic to try and make things about an individual instead of the subject at hand. Get back on topic or get bent

You are making this thread all about me, as usual being off topic.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   

If it was used correctly then it would be tolerated, but it's not

Are you and/or your political party the ones to make those determinations?

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Stop going off topic on bs rants and it wont be

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Again, it's called an opinion.

Get some of your own and you would understand how that works

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Again, it's called an opinion.

Get some of your own and you would understand how that works

DEI is not about opinions, it's about rights and laws. Understand how it works now?

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:34 AM
link   

What is the law that saws someone has to hire a POC over someone who is better qualified that is not a POC?

Show me the exact law that states a school HAS to accept more POC over non POC, regardless of academic achievements?

Show me the exact law, you can't but I will wait until you can

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   

What is the law that saws someone has to hire a POC over someone who is better qualified that is not a POC?

Show me the exact law that states a school HAS to accept more POC over non POC, regardless of academic achievements?

Who has been independently investigated and proven to be a POC that is still holding their elitist position at Harvard?

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

That was not my question, goal post stays where it is supposed to be, not where you want it to be

Wanna try that again?

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

That was not my question, goal post stays where it is supposed to be, not where you want it to be

Wanna try that again?

Predictable as usual, I'll give you that. Wanna answer the question or at least make a tiny attempt?

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I will after you do, even though that has nothing to do with what I said.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I will after you do, even though that has nothing to do with what I said.

Harvard Uni. has it's own polices and procedures having to do with hiring - it's their choice. Your turn.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   

DEI is not about opinions, it's about rights and laws. Understand how it works now?

dei is about placing people who aren't quailed or speical treatment over others, be them pink,white, purple, blue, red, green, black, gay lesbian, trans, nonbinary, furries, illegal aliens, terrorist, or what ever name people want to call themselves.

just because you fall in one of the above doesn't mean you deserve better treatment for something that someone who doesn't fall into them is more qualified for what ever is being sought after.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   

That's not a law......try again?

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Funny but I would have thought plagiarism would make you entirely persona non grata in academia, seems not to be the case now.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

dei is about placing people who aren't quailed or speical treatment over others, be them pink,white, purple, blue, red, green, black, gay lesbian, trans, nonbinary, furries, illegal aliens, terrorist, or what ever name people want to call themselves.

just because you fall in one of the above doesn't mean you deserve better treatment for something that someone who doesn't fall into them is more qualified for what ever is being sought after.

Where is this happening? Can you show us concrete examples?

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   

That's not a law......try again?

Nope, my first comment about DEI not being opinions but based on laws was a general sociological comment.

You then jumped to a specific POC in a position such as a university where it is felt they aren't qualified to be there or are only there because of the color of their skin.

I specifically answered in context to your question of a POC within a position in the university.

I am beginning to see how you misconstrue people. I will go over everything point by point from now on so you have a full understanding of the context of our discussions.

You asked:

I answered:

Harvard Uni. has it's own polices and procedures having to do with hiring - it's their choice.

Your turn.

Here's my question to you again, in case you lost it. I will rephrase it a bit.

Who has been independently investigated and proven to be a POC guilty of plagarism or anything else for that matter, that is still holding their elitist position at Harvard?
edit on q00000059131America/Chicago5050America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Funny but I would have thought plagiarism would make you entirely persona non grata in academia, seems not to be the case now.

Of course it is, if one if found guilty, so far citing mistakes aren't considered grounds for firing someone.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Man, those goalposts are flying down the field lol

I never said a thing about universities for hiring people in regards to DEI, so try again bub

My questions were in regards to hiring and DEI, and schools accepting candidates for studies based on DEI. You still have not answered my question because you can't, move along

BTW, policies are not laws bud. Try to keep up
edit on 31-1-2024 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
And it is being claimed that a right wing tactic is to use plagarism as a weapon against university staff involved in DEI.

It's not 'using plagiarism as a weapon' when in fact the plagiarism is true.
It's called JUSTICE when the plagiarism is called out and the situation rectified.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join