It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Diversity Officer Accused of 40 Counts of Plagiarism

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

BS how many times do you rightwingers

talk about the pot calling the kettle black after making this post.

quintessentone post

edit on 31-1-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

BS how many times do you rightwingers

talk about the pot calling the kettle black after making this post.

quintessentone post

Flyersfan just posted left wingers...imagine. Actually "That's a typical left wing tactic.".

Pot kettle, what?

edit on q00000059131America/Chicago4848America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

edit on q00000000131America/Chicago4545America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

edit on q00000001131America/Chicago3636America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Here on ATS we all know what that means.

You keep insinuating racism and sexism. That's a typical left wing tactic.

The information shows this black female elite DEI officer at Harvard plagiarized 40 times at least. People say she shouldn't be in her position, that she cheated to get where she is in life, that it's not fair, and that Harvard is trying to cover up it's mess by falsely claiming 'racism' and 'sexism' when in fact that's not true. People wonder if there is a systemic problem of Harvard promoting unqualified people based on race and gender instead of on accomplishments and ability. It's just that simple. Nothing racist or sexist about it.

I am actually insinuating right wing tactics here which is hate for diversity, etc. within schools of any kind which includes many factors.

"right wingers" do not have a problem with diversity when it is done at the right time and place. But I wouldn't expect you to know the difference.

Harvard hires independent top notch people to decide whether or not someone has committed plagiarism

That doesn't seem like much of an independent investigation if those investigators are hired by the institute they are looking into.....

There could very well be a systemic problem within Harvard, but people here don't have the necessary information to make those conclusions.

Many people here have pointed out the systemic problem, again you just choose not to see what they are actually saying and want to twist their words to better suit what you want it to say.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Here on ATS we all know what that means.

You keep insinuating racism and sexism. That's a typical left wing tactic.

The information shows this black female elite DEI officer at Harvard plagiarized 40 times at least. People say she shouldn't be in her position, that she cheated to get where she is in life, that it's not fair, and that Harvard is trying to cover up it's mess by falsely claiming 'racism' and 'sexism' when in fact that's not true. People wonder if there is a systemic problem of Harvard promoting unqualified people based on race and gender instead of on accomplishments and ability. It's just that simple. Nothing racist or sexist about it.

I am actually insinuating right wing tactics here which is hate for diversity, etc. within schools of any kind which includes many factors.

"right wingers" do not have a problem with diversity when it is done at the right time and place. But I wouldn't expect you to know the difference.

ME: (Who should make those determinations? You? Your political party?)

Harvard hires independent top notch people to decide whether or not someone has committed plagiarism

That doesn't seem like much of an independent investigation if those investigators are hired by the institute they are looking into.....

ME: (They didn't hire within they hired independent people from outside). Read some articles for a change.

There could very well be a systemic problem within Harvard, but people here don't have the necessary information to make those conclusions.

Many people here have pointed out the systemic problem, again you just choose not to see what they are actually saying and want to twist their words to better suit what you want it to say.

ME: (How many people here are actually within Harvard's system or on any Boards there to make any informed responses?)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   

See, that's your problem, you think just because someone has an opinion on a topic that we are expecting things to bend to our every whim. Not how that works bud

An independent investigation should not be hired by the people being investigated, that is called conflict of interest.

Again, opinions are exactly that. Maybe if you had some original opinions of your own you would understand

And don't worry, maybe one of these days you will figure out how to make a quote work like you want it to. But I doubt it

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I am actually insinuating right wing tactics here which is hate for diversity, etc. ..

And THAT is accusing people of being sexist and racist.

People hate the DEI nonsense. It's a garbage left wing push that is in itself racist and sexist.

That doesn't mean that people are sexist and racist and that they hate diversity.

They hate the DEI political program that is not fair and not ethical.

Two different things.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Flyersfan just posted left wingers...imagine. Actually "That's a typical left wing tactic.".
Pot kettle, what?

It IS a typical left wing tactic to accuse people of being racist and sexist when they are not.

It's not racist or sexist to state the fact that it's wrong when someone ... ANYONE ... plagiarizes 40 times and gets way ahead in life because of that theft of intellectual property and the lies claiming it's their own work.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Pot kettle, what?

It IS a typical left wing tactic to accuse people of being racist and sexist when they are not.

It's not racist or sexist to state the fact that it's wrong when someone ... ANYONE ... plagiarizes 40 times and gets way ahead in life because of that theft of intellectual property and the lies claiming it's their own work.

And it is being claimed that a right wing tactic is to use plagarism as a weapon against university staff involved in DEI.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:21 AM
link   

in response to your rightwingers quote and you making derogatory comments calling people that post in his thread racist, sexist. pretending that your far superior to that and then resort to that when you start getting your ass handed to you and your wittle feelings hurt.

hypocrite.
edit on 31-1-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

link   

Nobody forced them to plagiarize anything...they did that all on their own.

link   

See, that's your problem, you think just because someone has an opinion on a topic that we are expecting things to bend to our every whim. Not how that works bud

An independent investigation should not be hired by the people being investigated, that is called conflict of interest.

Again, opinions are exactly that. Maybe if you had some original opinions of your own you would understand

And don't worry, maybe one of these days you will figure out how to make a quote work like you want it to. But I doubt it

How about this quote: "Guilty before proven innocent when it involves anything having to do with the left" - put that in your signature, but this time it is actually not misrepresented.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I don't misrepresent anything, you just want to view it that way. That is a you problem

"Guilty before proven innocent when it involves anything having to do with the left" tell that to anything to do with Trump....

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:23 AM
link   

in response to your rightwingers quote and you making derogatory comments calling people that post in his thread racist, sexist. pretending that your far superior to that and then resort to that when you start getting your ass handed to you and your wittle feelings hurt.

hypocrite.

Was my ass handed to me, because it's not in my hand.

I said people in this thread hate DEI and you all seem to, what's the disconnect? Am I mistaken?

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:24 AM
link   

hypocrite.

Am I mistaken?

More than you care to admit but when it's pointed out you ignore it just like anything else that says you are wrong.....

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I don't misrepresent anything, you just want to view it that way. That is a you problem

"Guilty before proven innocent when it involves anything having to do with the left" tell that to anything to do with Trump....

So we agree both political sides do it - just like FlyersFan uses the term left wing without there being any underlying meaning.

You do misrepresent people. You go off topic then push for off topic sources, when I refuse to continue the off topic whatever, rant you want to go on, you get butthurt and cherry pick a quote without context.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: CarlLaFong

They have to steal others people work because they have no brains to think for themselves, ...

Scamming people in the manner that Harvard and Yale (and many other educational institutions, including the less succesful ones) have scammed people for decades (since the beginning) requires quite a bit of intelligence in the form of cunning.

Let the Ferengi have their universities. They are just chasing after the wind. A fruitless endeavor leading to a whole list of mental illnesses. 2 Timothy 3:1-9:

But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. 6 From among these arise men who slyly work their way into households and captivate weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, 7 always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.

8 Now in the way that Janʹnes and Jamʹbres opposed Moses, so these also go on opposing the truth. Such men are completely corrupted in mind, disapproved as regards the faith. 9 Nevertheless, they will make no further progress, for their folly will be very plain to all, as it was with those two men.

Increasing the contents of one's bank account and the acquisition of material possessions is not progress in the sense the term is used above. The progress referred to is coming to an accurate knowledge of truth, acquiring an understanding heart, and the prime thing: (true) wisdom. Those who go to or work at these institutions will never make any progress in that regards.

Understanding (Aid to Bible Understanding)

RELATIONSHIP TO KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM

Understanding must be based on knowledge, and works with knowledge, though it is itself more than mere knowledge. The extent and worth of one’s understanding is measurably affected by the quantity and quality of one’s knowledge. Knowledge is acquaintance with facts, and the greatest and most fundamental fact is God, his existence, his invincible purpose, his ways. Understanding enables the person to relate the knowledge he acquires to God’s purpose and standards and thereby assess or evaluate such knowledge. The “understanding heart is one that searches for knowledge”; it is not satisfied with a mere superficial view but seeks to get the full picture. (Prov. 15:14) Knowledge must become ‘pleasant to one’s very soul’ if discernment is to safeguard one from perversion and deception.—Prov. 2:10, 11; 18:15.

Proverbs 1:1-6 shows that the “man of understanding is the one who acquires skillful direction, to understand a proverb and a puzzling saying, the words of wise persons and their riddles.” These must not be things said merely to pass the time away in idle conversation, for wise persons would not customarily waste time in such manner, but must refer to instruction, questions and problems that discipline and train the mind and heart in right principles, thereby equipping the learner for wise action in the future. (Compare Psalm 49:3, 4.) Knowledge and understanding together bring wisdom, which is the “prime thing,” the ability to bring a fund of knowledge and keen understanding to bear on problems with successful results. (Prov. 4:7) The person who is rightly motivated seeks understanding, not out of mere curiosity or to exalt himself, but for the very purpose of acting in wisdom; ‘wisdom is before his face.’ (Prov. 17:24) He is not like those in the apostle Paul’s day who assumed to be teachers of others but were “puffed up with pride, not understanding anything,” unwisely letting themselves become “mentally diseased over questionings and debates about words,” things that produce disunity and a host of bad results.—1 Tim. 6:3-5; see KNOWLEDGE; WISDOM.

GAINING TRUE UNDERSTANDING

Knowledge (Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2)

Knowledge (gno'sis) is put in a very favorable light in the Christian Greek Scriptures. However, not all that men may call “knowledge” is to be sought, because philosophies and views exist that are “falsely called ‘knowledge.’” (1Ti 6:20) ...
... Thus Paul wrote about some who were learning (taking in knowledge) “yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge [...] of truth.” (2Ti 3:6, 7)

“Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, turning away from the empty speeches that violate what is holy and from the contradictions of the falsely called ‘knowledge.’ By making a show of such knowledge, some have deviated from the faith.

May the undeserved kindness be with you.” (1Ti 6:20,21)

How does God view the “wisdom” offered by human philosophy?

1 Cor. 1:19-25: “It is written: ‘I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectual men I will shove aside.’ Where is the wise man? Where the scribe? Where the debater of this system of things? Did not God make the wisdom of the world foolish? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom did not get to know God, God saw good through the foolishness [as it appears to the world] of what is preached to save those believing. . . . Because a foolish thing of God [as the world views it] is wiser than men, and a weak thing of God [as the world may see it] is stronger than men.” (Such a viewpoint on God’s part is certainly not arbitrary or unreasonable. He has provided in the Bible, the most widely circulated book in the world, a clear statement of his purpose. He has sent his witnesses to discuss it with all who will listen. How foolish for any creature to think that he has wisdom greater than that of God!)

Source: Philosophy (Reasoning From the Scriptures)

“Woe to those who say that good is bad and bad is good,

Those who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness,

Those who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

Woe to those wise in their own eyes

And discreet in their own sight!” (Isaiah 5:20,21)

Mind you:

Until the late 19th or early 20th century, scientists were called "natural philosophers" or "men of science".

English philosopher and historian of science William Whewell coined the term scientist in 1833,...

Whewell wrote of "an increasing proclivity of separation and dismemberment" in the sciences; while highly specific terms proliferated—chemist, mathematician, naturalist—the broad term "philosopher" was no longer satisfactory to group together those who pursued science, without the caveats of "natural" or "experimental" philosopher.

Source: Scientist - Wikipedia

The real reason was that the term "philosopher" lost its marketing/propaganda value because of all the failed and debunked philosophies of the past. So they came up with a new term for marketing/propaganda reasons. And with it, came the rise of scientism, a new religion (based on the old, i.e. the religious philosophies from ancient Babylon).
edit on 31-1-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Nobody forced them to plagiarize anything...they did that all on their own.

It is suspected the anonymous people putting forth the claims are conservatives using this as a weapon against DEI faculty.
edit on q00000027131America/Chicago1818America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   

You do misrepresent people. You go off topic then push for off topic sources, when I refuse to continue the off topic whatever, rant you want to go on, you get butthurt and cherry pick a quote without context.

This, right here, is off topic.

I am on topic and you, per usual, want to drag off topic to try and make things about an individual instead of the subject at hand. Get back on topic or get bent

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   

hypocrite.

Am I mistaken?

More than you care to admit but when it's pointed out you ignore it just like anything else that says you are wrong.....

You all love DEI then? Is that what you are saying?

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Where is your proof that its the conservatives using this as a weapon?

Regardless, they were not forced to plagiarize, they chose to do that on their own and have nobody to blame but themselves.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join