It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Diversity Officer Accused of 40 Counts of Plagiarism

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: network dude

Harvard embraces diversity, people here are posting that they are against in a hateful way (e.g. Gay is a piece of # - sounds like hate to me) what they represent...what meaning can we all take from that?

I'd say that the biggest thing is you are not aware what this thread is about and still argue. This is about the Diversity officer at Harvard. NOT Claudine Gay. Now please post the link to the independent study done on Sherri Ann Charleston that absolved her of plagiarism, or admit you were wrong.

I admit I was discussing what I thought the topic of this thread was, that being plagarism and got the Harvard faculty member wrong, but I certainly got the intent of this thread correct.

so now you are some savant that can tell what people's intent is based off posts? How exactly is that done?

I believe it's called reading and understanding what is being written.

can you quote the part in the OP where the intent of this thread is about racism and how racist is it to not like DEI? That was your claim. (I used your words, read them, and tried to understand your intent)

You alleged racism, I did not and now you are running around with a pair of scissors.

so my reading of your intent was wrong. Why don't you school us all on what your actual intent was by claiming the only reason anyone is upset about this is DEI.

link   

I haven't called anyone racist or sexist, ...
... I said hate diversity within Harvard

THAT is calling people racist and sexist.

link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Again, Harvard did not conduct the investigation an independent panel did on Gay, and will do so for Charleston.

Again, we are talking about the Diversity Officer. NOT ex-president Gay.

Again, an independent panel will do the same for Charleston as I posted previously. Guilty until proven innocent.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I admit I focussed more on the topic of plagarism rather than the plagarist but I haven't called anyone racist or sexist, you are planting those words here. I said hate diversity within Harvard and I pointed out why I believe that. I am now wondering if this thread is about the black thing? Is it?[/quote]

LOL! you can't make this stuff up.
edit on 31-1-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Again, Harvard did not conduct the investigation an independent panel did on Gay, and will do so for Charleston.

Again, we are talking about the Diversity Officer. NOT ex-president Gay.

Again, an independent panel will do the same for Charleston as I posted previously. Guilty until proven innocent.

freebeacon.com... s/

again, an accusation was made, and it was reported on. This isn't a court room, it's real life. And until she proves her innocence, this article makes the claim that she isn't. Don't like that? tell the news.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Guilty before proven innocent depending on who it is, hmm?

gay was guilty,the panel said so, you can not use identical language, bit and pieces or fragments as the panel said and not be. intent or not, or as they said by mistake. the shear number suggest a pattern.

here from the op's link,

Gay’s academic career came under intense scrutiny after she was hit with nearly 50 accusations of plagiarism or inadequate citation.
After The Post initially took the claims of Gay copying others’ work to Harvard, the university denied them and brought in its legal attack dogs to threaten to sue for “immense” damages.
However, days later, Gay herself asked for an investigation, and experts found she did need to make multiple corrections to her academic record. In December, Gay had to correct her own dissertation.
What do you think? Post a comment.

she even Plagiarized parts of her dissertation.

just because they lied to cover their and her ass doesn't change that.

and i haven't said one word about the the other one.

edit on 31-1-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Independant panels can be bought and pay for, that is why congress have to step in when cases like this arises, do you understand that, independent panels do no make laws, get it and neither assign rules.

Definition of plagiarism noun from the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary plagiarism noun /ˈpleɪdʒərɪzəm/ /ˈpleɪdʒərɪzəm/ [uncountable, countable] (disapproving) the practice of copying another person's ideas, words or work and pretending that they are your own;

www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com...#:~:text=Definition%20of%20plagiarism%20noun%20from%20the%20Oxford%20Advanced, they%20are%20your%20own%3B%20an%20example%20of%20this

edit on 31-1-2024 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2024 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I haven't called anyone racist or sexist, ...
... I said hate diversity within Harvard

THAT is calling people racist and sexist.

Let me introduce you to some of your thread's posts:

Cited from some members of this thread: quotations apply to all - " "

"I wonder if she'll scream 'racism' too.

Nice work Lefties.
Everything you idiots touch turns to s#!t.

Dr. Jill Biden's Ph.D. paper is said to read as a 3rd grader wrote it, I wonder if her citations are correct.

It was the only way for her to overcome White supremacy which forces them to break the rules to be hired as staff.

The left loves putting foxes in charge of the henhouse.

The 55-year-old added that he was tired of "whiny snowflakes" promoting their far-left progressive ideology through various methods like Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programs.

Another donor bites the dust.
DEI going the way of the dodo bird.
Harvard is a joke.

This are Soros puppets, now you all see what foreign money and influences are doing to America once prestigious colleges.

Skin color does not have privilege and should never have privilege."

My mistake FlyersFan, I thought this thread was a legit attempt at a discussion on plagarism, my mistake.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

I wonder if all this just shows that Harvard in their pursue of Diversity are completely ignoring the background of the people they are hiring for their positions of Prestige.

This means that the entire Prestigious staff of their prestigious university needs to be scrutinized and investigated.

Something is really going wrong with Harvard and who knows even the other prestigious universities and colleges need to be investigated also.

What an example for the groups these prestigious positions and those that they represent are giving to the younger generations they are teaching.

Then the colleges dare to sugar coated the crap these individuals do under the tag of racism and hate, they are all full of crap.

In other words we the peons and none prestigious need to shut the heck up and turn the head the other way.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   

My mistake FlyersFan, I thought this thread was a legit attempt at a discussion on plagarism, my mistake.

.. and none of that was racist or sexist. Peoples opinions of the situation based on reading and understanding what has happened, and their opinion of why it is happening - left wing politics.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:35 AM
link   

You better add the names of the people that posted that or I will have to accuse you of plagiarism.

Stop trying to make this a racial and hate thread is it is not, the prestigious diversity officer got caught and she happens to be a women and black.

Plain and simple, don't like it, too bad, cry me a river.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: BernnieJGato

I wonder if all this just shows that Harvard in their pursue of Diversity are completely ignoring the background of the people they are hiring for their positions of Prestige.

This means that the entire Prestigious staff of their prestigious university needs to be scrutinized and investigated.

Something is really going wrong with Harvard and who knows even the other prestigious universities and colleges need to be investigated also.

What an example for the groups these prestigious positions and those that they represent are giving to the younger generations they are teaching.

Then the colleges dare to sugar coated the crap these individuals do under the tag of racism and hate, they are all full of crap.

In other words we the peons and none prestigious need to shut the heck up and turn the head the other way.

Can't you guys even wait until the investigation is concluded? Sheesh.

“Experts who reviewed the allegations against Charleston said that they ranged from minor plagiarism to possible data fraud and warrant an investigation,” the Beacon reported.

www.thecollegefix.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   

.. and none of that was racist or sexist. Peoples opinions of the situation based on reading and understanding what has happened, and their opinion of why it is happening - left wing politics.

Here on ATS we all know what that means.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:40 AM
link   

You better add the names of the people that posted that or I will have to accuse you of plagiarism.

Stop trying to make this a racial and hate thread is it is not, the prestigious diversity officer got caught and she happens to be a women and black.

Plain and simple, don't like it, too bad, cry me a river.

But we know what it truly is now don't we.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   

You forget you are in a discussion board that happens to be a conspiracy site

And nope, we have the right of free speech and to make our own conclusions base on what the situations is, Harvard already is been scrutinized for the same infringement and congress have to step in, having a second person accused makes it a problem.

If you can no handle the discussion, then you have a problem.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:43 AM
link   

You forget you are in a discussion board that happens to be a conspiracy site

And nope, we have the right of free speech and to make our own conclusions base on what the situations is, Harvard already is been scrutinized for the same infringement and congress have to step in, having a second person accused makes it a problem.

If you can no handle the discussion, then you have a problem.

BS how many times do you rightwingers rush up and scream 'guilty until being proven innocent' well not that I am left, I am in the middle, but hey guys 'guilty until proven innocent' right?
edit on q00000044131America/Chicago0606America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

IMO, it all boils down to greed. they are going after all the money that "Diversity" will bring in. they could give a rat's ass about DEI. If they have to lie, cheat and cover their chosen ones so be it.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   

You keep insinuating racism and sexism. That's a typical left wing tactic.

The information shows this black female elite DEI officer at Harvard plagiarized 40 times at least. People say she shouldn't be in her position, that she cheated to get where she is in life, that it's not fair, and that Harvard is trying to cover up it's mess by falsely claiming 'racism' and 'sexism' when in fact that's not true. People wonder if there is a systemic problem of Harvard promoting unqualified people based on race and gender instead of on accomplishments and ability. It's just that simple. Nothing racist or sexist about it.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   

.. how many times do you rightwingers rush up and scream 'guilty until being proven innocent' ...

.. how many times do you left-wingers rush up and scream 'guilty until being proven innocent' ...
The left piles on quickly just as the right does.

And I say that as someone who goes Libertarian.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:55 AM
link   

You keep insinuating racism and sexism. That's a typical left wing tactic.

The information shows this black female elite DEI officer at Harvard plagiarized 40 times at least. People say she shouldn't be in her position, that she cheated to get where she is in life, that it's not fair, and that Harvard is trying to cover up it's mess by falsely claiming 'racism' and 'sexism' when in fact that's not true. People wonder if there is a systemic problem of Harvard promoting unqualified people based on race and gender instead of on accomplishments and ability. It's just that simple. Nothing racist or sexist about it.

I am actually insinuating right wing tactics here which is hate for diversity, etc. within schools of any kind which includes many factors.

Harvard hires independent top notch people to decide whether or not someone has committed plagarism - this woman's investigation hasn't happened yet.

There could very well be a systemic problem within Harvard, but people here don't have the necessary information to make those conclusions.
edit on q00000056131America/Chicago2222America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join