It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Flood explains Oil Deposits and Geological layers

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

I ship fish everyday This is what happens when Climate changes be it Temp - Salinity -PH- anything that changes environmental conditions Is death coming to reap .

Graphic photo ------- I have many many more

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   

We must remember that, according to creationists, the deluge, in one year's time, deposited nearly all of the sedimentary rocks present in the world today. To get some idea of how muddy this would be, we should note that creationist flood theorists maintain that the original ocean basins were greatly enlarged to their present depths to receive the retreating flood waters (Whitcomb, 1973, pp. 35, 38); therefore, the quantity of water in the oceans is basically equivalent to that of the flood. This volume is 1,350x 106 cubic kilometers. The volume of Phanerozoic sedimentary rock ("flood deposits") is 654 x 106 cubic kilometers (Blatt, Middleton, and Murray, p. 34). The ratio of water to rock is thus 2.06:1. Try mixing two parts water to one part sand; double or even triple the amount of the water, and then stick your pet goldfish into the muck and see how long it lives!

There are a very small amount of fresh water fish or brackish fish that can take a small amount of salinity but not the sudden changes a world wide flood would cause. You also have to remember the heat from the supposed underwater volcanic eruptions , also flood deposits of rock and vegetation would alter things like p.h. You also have to take into account the sudden change in total organic carbon levels within the water, which would make it toxic until such time they disolve.

No that's not true, research regarding hurricane and ocean pH show that the salinity change only occurs towards the surface, and the deeper regions maintain their saltiness since it is denser

Is that after the 40 days of deluge that has caused the sea level to raise above 5.5 miles (height of Everest)?

edit on 29-12-2023 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
In what layer of Earth do we find all the bones of the dead , Seems to me if everything on Earth was killed at the same time we would have a layer of death 100's of feet there would be a layer in the crust surrounding the globe "A Flood layer"

If the global flood were true, Fossils would be found all throughout these lithified mudrock layers (sedimentary stone). And they are. Fossils are continually found all through sedimentary rock.

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

In what layer of Earth do we find all the bones of the dead , Seems to me if everything on Earth was killed at the same time we would have a layer of death 100's of feet there would be a layer in the crust surrounding the globe "A Flood layer"

If the global flood were true, Fossils would be found all throughout these lithified mudrock layers (sedimentary stone). And they are. Fossils are continually found all through sedimentary rock.

No Human bones are not found in abundance in one specific layer .

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   

No Human bones are not found in abundance in one specific layer .

It wouldnt be in one specific layer, it would be dispersed through the sedimentary rock as organisms would be semi-randomly deposited throughout it. There would be many factors that determine these things.

I ship fish everyday This is what happens when Climate changes be it Temp - Salinity -PH- anything that changes environmental conditions Is death coming to reap .

Graphic photo ------- I have many many more

Yeah some fish will die, but not all of them.
edit on 29-12-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   
All of that is relative, how much are high and moderate saline conditions? 1.01 to 1.015? I was just playing around with an interactive sea level map. If we say the sea level rose 200 meters a day, by day 3 most rivers and lakes would have had saltwater in them and not the watered down kind you would have on day 40.

There would be no freshwater near the surface. I did the experiment. 100 ml fresh water with food dye and 100 ml water with .5 tsp salt, gently poured, looks like it is separating but I took a q-tip and just touched the surface and tasted, salty. There is nothing you can say that is going to disprove what I have already proven to myself through direct experimentation.

Also, when the 40 days had passed you would have something like 8 times more water to salt, that would kill the saltwater fish.

edit on 29-12-2023 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Fossils are found all over the Earth and in different layers because life has excisted for 3.5 to 4.5 billion years.

50-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Skull Is “One In A Billion” Discovery

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Yeah some fish will die, but not all of them.

Are all the fish and corals that live in the higher levels of the ocean expected to suddenly learn to live at lower levels under far greater pressures? You're also not taking into account things like plankton.
Phyto-plankton would also think someone has turned the lights out due to the increased volume of total dissolved solids, and will no longer reproduce, again killing coral and fish.

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

There are a very small amount of fresh water fish or brackish fish that can take a small amount of salinity but not the sudden changes a world wide flood would cause.

There are submarine springs in the ocean known today where salinity can reach as low as 5ppt, which is manageable for mostly all freshwater fish. 

"The maximum spring flow was estimated at about 3.0×106 m3/day after heavy precipitation in February–March 2008. As a result of this storm (total of 173 mm) the salinity in the spring area dropped from about 27 (ppt) to 2 (ppt) in only two days. "

link

This study confirms a few of my points. A mixture of rainwater and submarine springs would create microcosms for freshwater fish during the flood. a ppt of 2 is habitable for even some of the most salt-vulnerable freshwater fish.

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   

There are submarine springs in the ocean known today where salinity can reach as low as 5ppt, which is manageable for mostly all freshwater fish.

Fantastic, except for all the saltwater the freshwater fish would have to get through to get to them.

You really think you are giving viable scenarios?

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   

There are a very small amount of fresh water fish or brackish fish that can take a small amount of salinity but not the sudden changes a world wide flood would cause.

"The maximum spring flow was estimated at about 3.0×106 m3/day after heavy precipitation in February–March 2008. As a result of this storm (total of 173 mm) the salinity in the spring area dropped from about 27 (ppt) to 2 (ppt) in only two days. "

link

This study confirms a few of my points. A mixture of rainwater and submarine springs would create microcosms for freshwater fish during the flood. a ppt of 2 is habitable for even some of the most salt-vulnerable freshwater fish.

So the freshwater fish are meant to suddenly swim through saltwater which causes deadly osmosis causing their fluids to leech out to hang around a spring thats now lower than 5.5 miles? So if the salinity, carbon or total dissolved solids doesn't kill, the pressure will...

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   

link

Just stop man ...... I've scuba dived all over the World collect fish all over the World , Sure some freak places weird stuff happens but thats like a needle in a hay stack kind of like the water swirling in different directions at the equator that rare ........ I can't even reply anymore are you being closed minded just to keep the thread going or do you really believe a boat with Giraffes necks sticking out singing a song .....

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Just stop man ...... I've scuba dived all over the World collect fish all over the World , Sure some freak places weird stuff happens but thats like a needle in a hay stack kind of like the water swirling in different directions at the equator that rare ........ I can't even reply anymore are you being closed minded just to keep the thread going or do you really believe a boat with Giraffes necks sticking out singing a song .....

Yeah and you believe your ancestors were mutated ape-like things. Seems as though everyone has their mythos.

But anyway, yeah these submarine springs are everywhere. Our ancestors knew about them too:

An example of the importance of submarine groundwater discharge as water resource is the island nation of Bahrein, whose drinking water needs traditionally were sustained to a substantial proportion by harvesting SGD. Submarine springs were mentioned in Arabic navigational works of the 15th century as a wonderful place where “man can dive into the salt sea with a skin and can fill it with fresh water”

link

There's even places in the mediterranean where they've tried to commercially sell freshwater from these types of submarine springs.

Face it, this is an empirical solution for how the freshwater fish would have survived the flood.

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

So the freshwater fish are meant to suddenly swim through saltwater which causes deadly osmosis causing their fluids to leech out to hang around a spring thats now lower than 5.5 miles? So if the salinity, carbon or total dissolved solids doesn't kill, the pressure will...

As I said before, some fish can survive for days in saltier than normal conditions. But even without that, the surface would have provided a freshwater haven for them as well due to the continual rainfall until they found an underwater spring as the waters subsided. Again, fish have mechanisms that can find their way through varying salinity

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Face it, this is an empirical solution for how the freshwater fish would have survived the flood.

No it isn't you have not given any thought to how they would survive the trip to those springs.

May as well have said Noah had an aquarium on the ark for them.

Either way, they would have no way to get there.

edit on 29-12-2023 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Yeah and you believe your ancestors were mutated ape-like things. Seems as though everyone has their mythos.

Again with your "mutated ape thing".
You believe a family of 8 built a boat half the size of the titanic, had a few million animals, feed and watered them for a year, whilst a flood over 5.5 miles higher than normal sea level happened?
Please post from your link where freshwater fish were able to magically swim out to these and live?

Fact it, this is an empirical solution for how the freshwater fish would have survived the flood.

The fresh water fish would not have survived a flood over 5.5 mile above sea level, this was not a gradual change in salinty. it was on a massive scale if your flood myth is to be believed.

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   

the surface would have provided a freshwater haven for them

A haven? are you mad? It would have been a very hot (claimed volcanic eruptions world wide) deluge of water, solids, vegetation, and falling ash before the flood cover the mountains...

fish have mechanisms that can find their way through varying salinity

Thats a total assumption on your part with no evidence to back it up. Remember this isn't 1 or 2 species of freshwater fish. this is the majority of them. The same can be said for marine fish too

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
No it isn't you have not given any thought to how they would survive the trip to those springs.

Yes I did. The top of the rising waters would be freshwater due to the record-setting rainfall, and allow avenues for the freshwater fish to travel as they needed as the waters raised. There's also plenty of freshwater springs above sea level gushing water at very high rates:

Big Spring (Missouri): This behemoth holds the current title for the largest spring in the United States (and potentially North America) based on discharge rate. It pumps out an impressive 240 cubic feet per second (6.8 cubic meters per second) on average, even during dry periods. Its location in the Missouri Ozarks places its elevation at around 800 feet (244 meters) above sea level.

Huanglong Valley (China): The collective system is estimated to discharge around 8.6 cubic meters per second, with an elevation ranging from 3,000 to 5,500 meters (9,843 to 18,045 feet) above sea level, making it the highest-altitude major spring system in the world.

These springs would have allowed a haven for fish as the land flooded in these regions, before it even made contact with the ocean.

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   

But even without that, the surface would have provided a freshwater haven for them as well due to the continual rainfall until they found an underwater spring as the waters subsided. Again, fish have mechanisms that can find their way through varying salinity

Let's say this was even possible, although it is a stretch, so they would all be just hanging around underwater springs until the waters receded? Feeding on what?

Also, how did they get back to the lakes and rivers without your miraculous freshwater layer from the rain if it wasn't raining anymore?

Like I said earlier, I have more respect for anyone saying "god made it happen, although I can't say how" than you trying to use science to prove something that is impossible.

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Yes I did. The top of the rising waters would be freshwater, and allow avenues for the freshwater fish to travel as they needed as the waters rised. There's also plenty of freshwater springs above sea level gushing water at very high rates:

Big Spring (Missouri): This behemoth holds the current title for the largest spring in the United States (and potentially North America) based on discharge rate. It pumps out an impressive 240 cubic feet per second (6.8 cubic meters per second) on average, even during dry periods. Its location in the Missouri Ozarks places its elevation at around 800 feet (244 meters) above sea level.

Huanglong Valley (China): This UNESCO World Heritage site boasts numerous travertine terraces formed by cascading hot springs. While individual spring discharge rates vary, the collective system is estimated to discharge around 8.6 cubic meters per second, with an elevation ranging from 3,000 to 5,500 meters (9,843 to 18,045 feet) above sea level, making it the highest-altitude major spring system in the world.

These springs would have allowed a haven for fish as the land flooded in these regions, before it even made contact with the ocean.

No it wouldn't it's a impossibility - There would be no highways of freshwater - The Saltwater fish would all be dead All aquatic life dead think of the rotting corpses of all the land animals adding to the water chemistry all the dead crustaceans that actually filter the water gone !

The World's water supply would be poison for any life .
edit on 29-12-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join