It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Texas judge grants a pregnant woman permission to get an abortion despite the state’s ban

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

No, I just see your argument as stupid.

There is nothing stupid about the concept of self-defense to save life and limb. What IS stupid is you suggesting that Texas law is being super generous and charitable to allow women abortions to save their life, because women enjoy no constitutional right to self-defense against a pregnancy threatening their life.

I see you belittle my arguments, disrespect and dismiss women's health equity concerns and normalize the authoritarianism, subjugation of and stripping of rights from women....and then pretend that hysterical, hyperbolic women, that can't be trusted to make the right decisions, are the problem.

I have also said like 5 times I disagree with the law in Texas.

But do you? You haven't explained to us why.

edit on 0220232023k12America/Chicago2023-12-16T13:12:02-06:0001pm2023-12-16T13:12:02-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

No, I just see your argument as stupid.

There is nothing stupid about the concept of self-defense to save life and limb. What IS stupid is you suggesting that Texas law is being super generous and charitable to allow women abortions to save their life, because women enjoy no constitutional right to self-defense against a pregnancy threatening their life.

I see you belittle my arguments, disrespect and dismiss women's health equity concerns and normalize the authoritarianism, subjugation of and stripping of rights from women....and then pretend that hysterical, hyperbolic women, that can't be trusted to make the right decisions, are the problem.

Don't forget that women need to keep their legs closed, that is also the problem. /sarc
edit on q000000181231America/Chicago5959America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Annee

How many pregnancies do you think are planned?

I support LIVING CHILDREN -- not the unwanted.

Do you realize if you let unwanted children live then they are living children too...

Let's have a "Pot Luck" kid then give it away -- just to say we had it.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Do you realize if you let unwanted children live then they are living children too...

Would there be any 'luck' in the foster system as it stands now?

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

How about men keep their d**k in their pants instead. A woman can't create it on her own. Let's put them on the hook for responsibility from day 1. The woman has enough burden with her organs being shifted, and other health issues that arise from the beginning.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: quintessentone

How about men keep their d**k in their pants instead. A woman can't create it on her own. Let's put them on the hook for responsibility from day 1. The woman has enough burden with her organs being shifted, and other health issues that arise from the beginning.

From the extremist Christian viewpoint, it's always the woman's fault...garden of Eden apple thing and all. /sarc

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

John Lennon
Eddie Murphy
Marilyn Monroe
Simone Biles
Steve Jobs
Tiffany Haddish
Cher
Coco Chanel
Anita Baker
Colin Kaepernick
James Dean
Willie Nelson
Seal
Faith Hill
All foster care kids.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

John Lennon
Eddie Murphy
Marilyn Monroe
Simone Biles
Steve Jobs
Tiffany Haddish
Cher
Coco Chanel
Anita Baker
Colin Kaepernick
James Dean
Willie Nelson
Seal
Faith Hill
All foster care kids.

I guess you skipped over all the horror stories kids have to tell. That's okay your bias is safe and comfortable and always will be.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   

you suggesting that Texas law is being super generous and charitable to allow women abortions to save their life, because women enjoy no constitutional right to self-defense against a pregnancy threatening their life.

I haven't suggested a single thing, maybe try the 14th amendment.

So somehow I'm all this just because I don't agree with your argument..but then you are being a little hysterical and hyperbolic, so maybe you do have a point.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   

you suggesting that Texas law is being super generous and charitable to allow women abortions to save their life, because women enjoy no constitutional right to self-defense against a pregnancy threatening their life.

I haven't suggested a single thing, maybe try the 14th amendment.

So somehow I'm all this just because I don't agree with your argument..but then you are being a little hysterical and hyperbolic, so maybe you do have a point.

You do know as soon as you start with the insults it shows everyone you lost the discussion, right?

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I guess you skipped over all the horror stories kids have to tell. That's okay your bias is safe and comfortable and always will be.

Wait, are you suggesting that people are better off aborted than having any kind of life even if parts are bad?

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Wait, are you suggesting that people are better off aborted than having any kind of life even if parts are bad?

Wait, do you think it's okay kids have to suffer horrific experiences in government care and should be grateful to be alive?

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Hell NO!

I would never bring a child into this world -- then pass it off with a "Good Luck" -- see you never.

Why? Just to say you went through with a pregnancy and didn't abort it?

That's just nuts.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You do know as soon as you start with the insults it shows everyone you lost the discussion, right?

There is no discussion as I said I disagree with her argument and find it stupid and pointless. What insult did I give out? She ranted on me going in 10 different directions because I disagreed with her.

All that because I find using the 2nd amendment to support abortions stupid.

edit on x31Sat, 16 Dec 2023 13:41:42 -06002023349America/ChicagoSat, 16 Dec 2023 13:41:42 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   

There is never any compromise in this subject matter; there can never be.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

John Lennon
Eddie Murphy
Marilyn Monroe
Simone Biles
Steve Jobs
Tiffany Haddish
Cher
Coco Chanel
Anita Baker
Colin Kaepernick
James Dean
Willie Nelson
Seal
Faith Hill
All foster care kids.

Do you honestly think any of these people would be missed if they'd never been born?

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Wait, do you think it's okay kids have to suffer horrific experiences in government care and should be grateful to be alive?

Abortion is 100% death, foster care is a roll of the dice, and only 20% at the best of your life, and yes... they should be "grateful to be alive". Are you not grateful to be alive?

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Hell NO!

I would never bring a child into this world -- then pass it off with a "Good Luck" -- see you never.

Why? Just to say you went through with a pregnancy and didn't abort it?

That's just nuts.

Although I have issues with children in government care my research shows children fare better in adoption scenarios. So being pro-life and pro-human rights, I still think it is up to the woman and her doctor to make the decision. Carrying a child for nine months is no easy feat for some.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Do you honestly think any of these people would be missed if they'd never been born?

Boy, that is a bad statement...maybe you should rewrite it...lol

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Abortion is 100% death, foster care is a roll of the dice, and only 20% at the best of your life, and yes... they should be "grateful to be alive". Are you not grateful to be alive?

Yes, I am grateful to be alive but it's not my call nor your call nor the call of some self-righteous agenda-driven old white Christian guy to decide what freedoms can be taken away from a woman.

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join