It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Texas judge grants a pregnant woman permission to get an abortion despite the state’s ban

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Of course it is! Not being able to access health care necessary to one's health because it's illegal in your state is an issue!

I say it isn't...and if it is an issue to anyone then move.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Of course it is! Not being able to access health care necessary to one's health because it's illegal in your state is an issue!

I say it isn't...and if it is an issue to anyone then move.

Kate Cox and her husband wanted more children, the state's laws were not an issue for them until tragedy struck and they got into a legal s**tstorm with Ken Paxton, AG, who puts his Christian extremist agenda over women's health matters.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mengelon

I am not sure if you have made the right argument here. Take a look and reflect on what you said.

I'm not sure what you want me to reflect on in my statement. It was a slight drift off the topic, but the population is collapsing, and China in 50 years will be a billion fewer people for example. There is no population growth in most areas and many have negative growth. The US has not seen population growth in 30 years, so the only growth we have had is from immigration.

The world will change due to all this and in the West the Government will offer big incentives to have children. Places like China will just force women to have them like they did to force women to have onely one.

In the future birth control will be more effective in there will not be a need to take a pill every day, it will be where you do not need to think about it at all.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I am not sure if you have made the right argument here. Take a look and reflect on what you said.

I'm not sure what you want me to reflect on in my statement. It was a slight drift off the topic, but the population is collapsing, and China in 50 years will be a billion fewer people for example. There is no population growth in most areas and many have negative growth. The US has not seen population growth in 30 years, so the only growth we have had is from immigration.

The world will change due to all this and in the West the Government will offer big incentives to have children. Places like China will just force women to have them like they did to force women to have onely one.

In the future birth control will be more effective in there will not be a need to take a pill every day, it will be where you do not need to think about it at all.

While all that may be true the fact of the matter is still it should be a woman's choice whether to take on motherhood and all it's trials and/or joys and whether or not she is capable to handle that great responsibility.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Kate Cox and her husband wanted more children, the state's laws were not an issue for them until tragedy struck and they got into a legal s**tstorm with Ken Paxton, AG, who puts his Christian extremist agenda over women's health matters.

I still say there is more to the story that the article didn't address as it doesn't take the court to allow abortions in Texas If the doctor says it is life-threatening or harmful then the abortion can processed based on that, so something is missing in all this as to why it went to the court in the first place and then the lower court was overruled beyond the simple choice of Christian extremist.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   

While all that may be true the fact of the matter is still it should be a woman's choice whether to take on motherhood and all it's trials and/or joys and whether or not she is capable to handle that great responsibility.

In some places yes, like let's say the government provides 20k per year per kid. Women will be popping those little suckers out like crazy. In China and many other places, women do not have rights.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I still say there is more to the story that the article didn't address as it doesn't take the court to allow abortions in Texas If the doctor says it is life-threatening or harmful then the abortion can processed based on that, so something is missing in all this as to why it went to the court in the first place and then the lower court was overruled beyond the simple choice of Christian extremist.

Exactly, it should not have gone to court plain and simple, so what is missing? I'd say sanity.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   

For the woman, the woman's children and family by perhaps pushing them further into poverty, and poverty can also cause mental and bodily harms.

That is life, get over it buttercup.

We are talking about America too, just being born here is winning the lottery. Have you traveled around the world much? There are about 6 billion people who would trade places in a heartbeat with the struggles of your poor mother in America.

That's not for you or anyone else to judge another's reasons for abortion because everyone's situations in life are different. Some can handle it, others can not handle it. Again, undue harm.

I agree completely with what you said because everyone has different circumstances. You never know what problem each one faces and having an abortion isn't an easy decision.

So true, for some the decision to have an abortion will be a lifelong regret and they will beat themselves up for it. Others may not think of it as anything other than a medical procedure so they can get back to their life.

I heard on an independent news stations that there are now underground (black market) abortion services for women in states that abuse women's legal rights to abortion. How it sounded to me is that it is safer than what was available in the past because activist doctors are risking their freedom and careers to help women. This is how people respond to freedoms being taken away from them.

It won't be surprising if underground abortion 'services' exist but that's dangerous and unregulated. Obviously illegal.

The State must be able to provide the abortion services to whoever needs them and not insisting on medieval legislation.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 08:55 AM
link   

In some places yes, like let's say the government provides 20k per year per kid. Women will be popping those little suckers out like crazy. In China and many other places, women do not have rights.

In addition, $10/day child care. Imagine how many more women could do their careers and enjoy motherhood.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Exactly, it should not have gone to court plain and simple, so what is missing? I'd say sanity.

If the people of Texas get tired of it then they will vote for people to be more moderate about abortions. Right now there is still a majority against abortions though I'm sure many still see this as too extreme.

Kind of like legalizing pot. If you smoke pot a lot you better move to a state where it is legal. That is one of the reasons why America is great as in you have 50 different choices as to where you want to live not like one big democracy where you can't go anywhere but another country.

People are a lot more inclined to move today compared to in the past. People on average work less than 5 years with a company and move on to a better job someplace else. I recently moved from WA to VA and we are liking it a good deal over the craziness of Portland OR. It is a hell of a lot cheaper here too. When I retire in a few years I will move again to a state that aligns best with my needs in retirement.

We can all say Texas is too extreme in its abortion laws, but just saying it doesn't mean crap, so change it or move to a place that works better for a person and family. If none of those options are doable then people better be careful, just like smoking pot in a state where it is illegal. At the end of the day we are talking about laws and I disagree with many of them, but they are still the law.

edit on x31Sun, 17 Dec 2023 08:58:45 -06002023350America/ChicagoSun, 17 Dec 2023 08:58:45 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   

In addition, $10/day child care. Imagine how many more women could do their careers and enjoy motherhood.

A career is a big fat lie. Maybe less than 5% "enjoy" their careers, For the other 95%+, it is drudgery because they need the money to live. I have a good-paying job and I don't enjoy it even though it is about as good as one can get. If I won 10 million today I would not be at work tomorrow. Remember that 50% of the population has an IQ below 100 so they are not typically enjoying their work, and an extremely small percentage has talents they can enjoy and form a career around.

My wife did not need to work so she didn't and took care of the family as I was away many times working. My kids are in college or fresh out of it and so my wife does now dabble a little in working maybe 20 hours per week. She does it to get out and meet people mostly, but that is a luxury for her to be able to do that and not have the true need to slave away in some crappy job.

We are seeing a good number of women who slave away like men, but they find themselves hitting 35 with nothing to show but a house, 401k, and cats as with women they are on a very short timeline to have a family that comes and goes rather quickly.

edit on x31Sun, 17 Dec 2023 09:14:42 -06002023350America/ChicagoSun, 17 Dec 2023 09:14:42 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

If the people of Texas get tired of it then they will vote for people to be more moderate about abortions. Right now there is still a majority against abortions though I'm sure many still see this as too extreme.

Nope. Put abortion rights on the ballot in Texas, and it will win, just like it did in every other state where the people were allowed to vote.

78% of Texas voters think abortion should be allowed in some form, UT poll shows

Kind of like legalizing pot. If you smoke pot a lot you better move to a state where it is legal. That is one of the reasons why America is great as in you have 50 different choices as to where you want to live not like one big democracy where you can't go anywhere but another country.

LOL! What a stupid statement! You sound like you've been hot boxing some good shhiiit!

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Your small sphere of life doesn't paint the global picture of all women's desires and needs. Women are communicative and social and quite enjoy the socialization offered in the workplace.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:22 AM
link   

78% of Texas voters think abortion should be allowed in some form, UT poll shows

When you break that down 30 to 40% say only for rape or incest and 15 to 20% say all of it should be illegal. So that aligns with what I said that there aren't enough people yet to change it to a more moderate point. I also said that even if people there are against abortions I think most see what it is right now as too extreme.

When people vote you will get all the extremes to vote while a good deal of others just do not give a crap and will not vote either way, so right now moderate abortion laws will not win.

edit on x31Sun, 17 Dec 2023 09:23:38 -06002023350America/ChicagoSun, 17 Dec 2023 09:23:38 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Your small sphere of life doesn't paint the global picture of all women's desires and needs. Women are communicative and social and quite enjoy the socialization offered in the workplace.

When one is forced down the path they must work the fun dries up rather quickly. If a person has the choice then I agree with you, but women do not need work to socialize.

I agree if a woman can have a good husband, a nice career, a loving family etc then your version works great, but that is like winning the trifecta, and not the reality for the vast majority of people.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Nope. Put abortion rights on the ballot in Texas, and it will win, just like it did in every other state where the people were allowed to vote.

LOL! What a stupid statement! You sound like you've been hot boxing some good shhiiit!

As for the pot smoking in states where it's illegal, just don't get caught.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   

So living in a state that aligns better with your views and economic situation is a hotboxing viewpoint...lol 10% of the population moves every year, and about 20% of them move out of state, so in 20 years 120 million will move out of state.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   

So we agree that you need to be more careful in states that have laws that could effect you a good deal. In the case of the OP, I'm not sure why she didn't set up an appointment in a friendly abortion state at the point she decided she didn't want to keep the baby.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

So we agree that you need to be more careful in states that have laws that could effect you a good deal. In the case of the OP, I'm not sure why she didn't set up an appointment in a friendly abortion state at the point she decided she didn't want to keep the baby.

Why would she when the existing abortion laws grant her the right to an abortion if her health is at risk?

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Why would she when the existing abortion laws grant her the right to an abortion if her health is at risk?

And that goes down the path we talked about that there is more to it all than just the surface-level OP.

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join