It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half a million people march in London for Palestine

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

You don't have a clue what these people faced or are facing in their lives.

What about the other protesters, the people who want world peace, the Jewish people who say 'not in our name', it's many voices standing up for what they believe to be the good for all humanity.
edit on q000000391130America/Chicago0303America/Chicago11 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

In 2021, the population of the UK was 67.33 million people.

Pretty sure 2685 people is less than a percentage of a percentage point (0.00398782118%), how can that "indicate a whole"?

The reality of the situation, is that if Israel were to lay down it's arms and try for a cease fire, HAMAS would annihilate them in days leaving nothing behind.

But, if it were the other way around and HAMAS laid down their arms and try for a cease fire, this would all come to and end.

It is well known that HAMAS wants Israel to cease to exist, what makes you think they would stop?
edit on 10-11-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
You are misunderstanding the whole thing, it is not about absolving any of our leaders of guilt for sending our compatriots to die in illegal wars or some such its all about we the people, remembering friends and family that are gone, of honouring them.

Remembrance Day was instituted by an act of government under direction from the monarchy. Those very same people who sent almost an entire generation of men to their deaths. Those that have lost loved ones in war don't need anyone to tell them when they are allowed to mourn or honour their dead. Remembrance day is when the establishment come out in force to make a display of mourning the collateral damage of their decision making.

ETA the quoting thing is just beyond me today, only the final paragraph is mine.

It's okay, I have no trouble differentiating your words from my own.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: orbhunter

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Leviathan4
a reply to: bastion

If the two minute silece or cenotaphs are vandalised I think there's a decet chance the purpotrators would be beaten to death by crowds before police could get to them as it's so disrespectful.

Wow!

What a civilized society you have done there in England....

Every Brit of generational decent has got ancestors who fought the foreigners when our island was in peril. All of us proud and respectful Brits have this respect for our ancestors who laid down part of their lives and in millions of cases all of their life to give us the freedoms we know today. They fought and died for us. If you think a bunch of questionable cricket team fans can start taking the piss with no respect whatsoever to our way of life, I promise that you really don't understand what it means to be British.

Obviously you don't know what the British feel ... out of touch much?

76 percent of UK citizens want ceasefire in Gaza: Poll

new.thecradle.co...

Not from where I live I guarantee you. These polls are taken in places like London, Towel Head Central and mean nothing in reality.

Are you saying the people polled in those locations have to hail from those locations? Grasping at straws much?

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   

What about the other protesters, the people who want world peace, the Jewish people who say 'not in our name', it's many voices standing up for what they believe to be the good for all humanity.

like the students who didnt know hamas attacked Israel on 7th?

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

In 2021, the population of the UK was 67.33 million people.

Pretty sure 2685 people is less than a percentage of a percentage point (0.00398782118%), how can that "indicate a whole"?

The reality of the situation, is that if Israel were to lay down it's arms and try for a cease fire, HAMAS would annihilate them in days leaving nothing behind.

But, if it were the other way around and HAMAS laid down their arms and try for a cease fire, this would all come to and end.

It is well known that HAMAS wants Israel to cease to exist, what makes you think they would stop?

Our poll, carried out by Savanta, found that 68% of voters want a ceasefire in Israel and Palestine, which includes 64% of Tory voters and 80% of Labour Party voters.

Just 15% of voters think that there should not be a ceasefire.

leftfootforward.org...

Better?

Both factions do not want their conflict to end, how can it end except with the complete destruction of the Palestinian people, maybe Hamas, and the land they called home. Occupation by Israel will never end there.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I didn't see that article so I don't know what you are talking about.

Cherry picking one article/video/event does not speak for the whole.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   

If the two minute silece or cenotaphs are vandalised I think there's a decet chance the purpotrators would be beaten to death by crowds before police could get to them as it's so disrespectful.

Wow!

Every Brit of generational decent has got ancestors who fought the foreigners when our island was in peril. All of us proud and respectful Brits have this respect for our ancestors who laid down part of their lives and in millions of cases all of their life to give us the freedoms we know today. They fought and died for us. If you think a bunch of questionable cricket team fans can start taking the piss with no respect whatsoever to our way of life, I promise that you really don't understand what it means to be British.

new.thecradle.co...

Not from where I live I guarantee you. These polls are taken in places like London, Towel Head Central and mean nothing in reality.

Are you saying the people polled in those locations have to hail from those locations? Grasping at straws much?

Your words

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Wow!

new.thecradle.co...

Your words

My words put in a question to you which of course you choose not to answer. Predictable.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Course you don't chum, dumb of me to expect you to be even a little bit informed about all this isnt it?
edit on thpFri, 10 Nov 2023 07:54:17 -060020232023-11-10T07:54:17-06:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: typing

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Would be better if your sources actually gave a number of how many people voted instead of just a percentage of how they voted.

68% of 1,000,000 people is way different than 68% of 1,000 people

I would bet dollars to donuts that if HAMAS stopped trying to eradicate the Jewish people, Israel would leave them be.....but I guess we aren't allowed to think lie that huh?

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Course you don't chum, dumb of me to expect you to be even a little bit informed about all this isnt it?

I am very informed, just not about cherry picked biased sources that don't speak for the reality of a situation. Chum.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   

You mean like a cherry picked poll where 2685 people is enough to speak for the entire 67 million population of the UK?

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Would be better if your sources actually gave a number of how many people voted instead of just a percentage of how they voted.

I would bet dollars to donuts that if HAMAS stopped trying to eradicate the Jewish people, Israel would leave them be.....but I guess we aren't allowed to think lie that huh?

The fact is the world is changing and people want and end to war and suffering humanity, do you not agree?

I would bet dollars to donuts if Israel didn't occupy Palestine there would not be a continuing conflict. You see it goes both ways.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   

They werent though, most of them have never seen anything more troubling in their lives than KFC running out of chicken the other year.

You do realise that that's a good thing, right? Particularly when combined with a willingness to get off their arses and voice their concern for others less fortunate than themselves.

You are capable of understanding that that is a perfectly legitimate and rational way to feel aren't you? Not wanting other people, ordinary non-combatants, civilians, just like yourself but not as lucky in the post-code lottery that is life, to suffer for the actions of their less socially evolved leaders.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I am very informed, just not about cherry picked biased sources that don't speak for the reality of a situation. Chum.

Its a bit rich for you to be banging on about cherry pickied sources when that is what you lot seem to do exclusively.
I also find it hard to believe that you have zero knowleddge of a video you were arguing with Carpy about on page 49 of this very thread.

edit on thpFri, 10 Nov 2023 08:05:03 -060020232023-11-10T08:05:03-06:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: spelling

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   

You mean like a cherry picked poll where 2685 people is enough to speak for the entire 67 million population of the UK?

I offered another poll, did you gloss over it?

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Deflection at it's finest

You mean the land that was theirs to begin with, dating back to the Iron Age?

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Its a bit rich for you to be banging on about cherry pickied sources when that is what you lot seem to do exclusively.
I also find it hard to believe that you have zero knowleddge of a video you were arguing with Carpy about on page 49 of this very thread.

I wasn't arguing about the video content it was on a different subject, nice try...well, not really.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   

No, but I did respond that you glossed over.

Maybe take a look at it again bud, here I'll include it for you

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join