It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half a million people march in London for Palestine

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   
100,000 useful idiot hypocrites.

The Jew-hating hypocrisy of protesters is the strongest case for Israel’s existence

These marches are now a regular occurrence in London – and this weekend, again, they donned their keffiyehs, waved their flags and called for Palestine to be freed.

Freed from what? From Hamas, the autocratic, racist, sexist, homophobic, terrorist death cult that won power in 2006 and has refused to give it up since? Freed from the corrupt, wealthy politicians who count their millions abroad while half their people live in decades-old refugee camps? Freed from Gazan leaders who squandered the opportunity to control their own borders after Israel’s disengagement in 2005 and have repeatedly rejected the offers of peace and land that would create an autonomous Palestinian state?

No, those injustices are all ignored. “Pro-Palestinians”, particularly many Westerners with no skin in the game, are not interested in the plight of Palestinians unless the perceived perpetrator is Israel. They don’t love Palestinians, they just hate Israel. And make no mistake: they hate Israel because they hate Jews.

[...]

edit on Thu Nov 9 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: TRIM THOSE QUOTES

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Leviathan4

originally posted by: NorthOS

originally posted by: NorthOS

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Leviathan4

'I have strong doubts of the assertions made the UK Police are unbiased and independent therefore we should accept the numbers given at face value."

Then the burden of proof is on you to prove your assertion of your 'strong doubts".

Otherwise, it's just your uncorroborated "assertion".

No because I haven't asserted anything.
Someone else did without any evidence.

Someone else said it's the default position to say the Police is unbiased and Independent. So like an axiom....

The default position is that the police are law abiding, independent, impartial and honest.

Is that the case? Not always, but the onus is on the accuser to prove otherwise.

That's an assertion.
Someone claimed the Police are unbiased and independent. Then they should provided the proof.

Furthermore they claimed because they are unbiased and independent we must accept their estimates at face value.

Two major assertions.
No proof at all given.

Their training says otherwise.

The London Police Service procedure on Fair and Impartial Policing leads with a statement of commitment to internal and external fairness and equity in its dealings with members of the public and with its employees.

www.londonpolice.ca...

So now the ball is in your court.

Prove they deviated from their policy and training.

ETA: LOL gotta watch my Londonds! I will try and find a MET link

Here’s 2016 Guardian article from the UK. Most of the Western World’s police forces have this type of training and as a body their policy is stated.

Ya there are some bad eggs like any occupation.

The College of Policing on Thursday launches new guidelines for police on stop and search and also warns that an officer should consider if a bias is affecting his or her decision every time before making a stop. If they think prejudice is playing a part, they should not use the power.

www.theguardian.com...

That's a circular argument. Now you take it further. They are biased and independent because of their training.

You need to have proof and not what the college of policing suggests for stop and search practises...which is irrelevant.

The whole discussion going on here that we should accept police crowd numbers because of their professionalism, training etc. of which does not address if the methods they use are actually accurate. Even engineers calibrate their instruments for accuracy and that should be the first question we ask an engineer when they throw out numbers.

I will post this article which shows just how inexact crowd counting is and then I'm out of this discussion.

Let's take the 1995 Million Man March, as it was named, in Washington, DC, National Mall...organizers estimated a million people, the park authorities estimated 400,000...what was the real count? It was 669,000 estimated by an independent source.

www.cnbc.com...

Believe it or not, crowd counting is a contentious issue because the numbers vary so much because of many different factors.

It's still the main argument. We must accept the numbers as given by the UK Police at face value because they are well trained and therefore are unbiased and independent (because they are trained to be unbiased and independent) because when you are a well trained professional you give the right numbers and right numbers can only be given by well trained professionals who are unbiased and independent.

(post by Insurrectile removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

These marches are now a regular occurrence in London – and this weekend, again, they donned their keffiyehs, waved their flags and called for Palestine to be freed.

"A keffiyeh on an American college campus is just a hipster swastika."
-- Jim Treacher

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: VermiIion
a reply to: FlyersFan

"A keffiyeh on an American college campus is just a hipster swastika."
-- Jim Treacher

Naaah not really!
Making the false equivalency arguments again? It doesn't work I am afraid....

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Those clued up protestors:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

It's the Daily Mail but this is what these idiots say.

"I need to be more clued up': Students quizzed at pro-Palestine protest reveal how little they know about Israel-Hamas conflict - and aren't even aware that terror group launched bloody slaughter on October 7".

Morons.

Source doesn't matter as you can just watch short actual interviews.

edit on 9-11-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

"I need to be more clued up': Students quizzed at pro-Palestine protest reveal how little they know about Israel-Hamas conflict - and aren't even aware that terror group launched bloody slaughter on October 7".

Morons.

The student should have been informed in the very basics before going to this protest but I don't think people in general who attend these protests don't know what happened on the 7th of October. Protesting against the war is a valid cause.

edit on 9-11-2023 by Leviathan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Morons.

The student should have been informed in the very basics before going to this protest but I don't think people in general who attend these protests don't know what happened on the 7th of October. Still protesting against the war is a valid cause

B

There are pro-Palestinian rallies and then there are Ceasefire rallies and people here deliberately hunt for and post sensationalized protesters to try to muddy all the waters. Well it doesn't work that way.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Morons.

The student should have been informed in the very basics before going to this protest but I don't think people in general who attend these protests don't know what happened on the 7th of October. Still protesting against the war is a valid cause

B

There are pro-Palestinian rallies and then there are Ceasefire rallies and people here deliberately hunt for and post sensationalized protesters to try to muddy all the waters. Well it doesn't work that way.

Yes it has happened online quite a lot but the public opinion is in support of ceasefire and peace no matter what some warmongers may say.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

No. Just saw it. Didn't look for it.

Nice try.

As for deliberately hunting for and posting sensationalised headlines, oh, the irony!

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   

No. Just saw it. Didn't look for it.

Nice try.

As for deliberately hunting for and posting sensationalised headlines, oh, the irony!

You missed my point of that whole exercise whether the hunter or the reposter or follower.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   

No idea what that is supposed to mean?

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   

No idea what that is supposed to mean?

What does reposting others' sensationalized videos of one person or one type of group to fit a narrative mean here on ATS?
edit on q000000021130America/Chicago1212America/Chicago11 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Reposting, what? Don't you mean "posting a source".

Is that a bad thing?

How do you "sensationalise" a video of protestors talking and revealing their ignorance?

You do agree, they are indeed ignorant?

No?

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Reposting, what? Don't you mean "posting a source".

Is that a bad thing?

How do you "sensationalise" a video of protestors talking and revealing their ignorance?

You do agree, they are indeed ignorant?

No?

This is what you thought a good idea to repost

www.dailymail.co.uk...

dailymail no less. lol daily mail UK is described as a right-wing source for disinformation...

Sure great idea. Not.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   

What do you mean "repost"?

I posted it once.

Yes, I know about the Daily Mail.

That is why I posted that the source didn't matter.

The actual videos of these demonstrators simply speak for themselves.

Another source showing this was subsequently posted in another thread by another poster.

Are these demonstrators "right wing"?

Are these videos fake?

Come off it.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The protesters said what they said.

It is what it is?

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Ofcourse you'd use a single piece from the daily mail to paint all the protests worldwide as evil, because that surely is the right thing to do right now... RIGHT?
We just love to kill the terrorists as soon as we can, which is why half of them are kids... RIGHT?
So the protesters must be Antisemites, all of them, it's clear as day... RIGHT?

RIGHT?!?

"Come off it" is rich, coming from you. Good show!
edit on 9-11-2023 by Insurrectile because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Insurrectile

No. I never said any of that. Did I?

I simply said, it is, what it is.

Lose your anger.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Insurrectile

No. I never said any of that. Did I?

I simply said, it is, what it is.

Lose your anger.

Come off it OldCarpy, you are trying to paint a narrative.
edit on q000000391130America/Chicago5353America/Chicago11 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join