It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Prime Minister says Traditional Understanding of Gender is Common Sense

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Not in the media here.

No one really gives a monkeys about this?

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Why does the the British PM need to state the obvious if it's not in the media here?

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

And they are as meaningless as the other statements he has made recently , nothing Sunak says is based in reality he is pandering to the Right of his party who he has ignored through most of his failed leadership , his statement on this issue and other issues are all made with this in mind trying to appeal to a broader audience both in his party and the country.

Honest question, would this be an average British view? The reduction to pandering and grandstanding, nothing really worth paying attention to, or putting in a context beyond that.

Or does the UK "lose the plot" like we do over trans-issues?
edit on 7-10-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

And they are as meaningless as the other statements he has made recently , nothing Sunak says is based in reality he is pandering to the Right of his party who he has ignored through most of his failed leadership , his statement on this issue and other issues are all made with this in mind trying to appeal to a broader audience both in his party and the country.

Honest question, would this be an average British view? The reduction to pandering and grandstanding, nothing really worth paying attention to, or putting in a context beyond that.

From a little noseying around that I've done, it does seem that the U.K. people (and therefore it's gov't for votes) is more reluctant, let's say it that way, to accept change.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

He's making too much sense! Burn the witch!

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
If you believe men can become women, you are mentally ill and are a danger to yourself and everyone around you.

It's time to stop entertaining this nonsense. The people who believe this nonsense have serious mental health problems and need real treatment. They don't need mutilation and Big Pharma "solutions".

THAT IS A 100% FACT.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

With an election due around this time next year Sunak is desperate to find a bit of popularity and a lot of votes , he is an unpopular leader of an unpopular party , the Conservatives were a party of law and order , low tax and border control but they have consistently failed on all of those priorities over the last 13 years , our country has become one of high crime and open borders leading to falling living standards for those who pay the bills

Pandering and grandstanding is all he has left as the party failed to leave the European Court of Human Rights when we left the European Union meaning our hands are tied when it comes to illegal immigration and social issues , he can tinker around the edges but real change is open to challenge in the ECHR so doomed to fail.

It also doesn't help that is was he who brought down Boris Johnson's Premiership , the only politician to do what the people asked for ... leave the EU.

Latest polls show Sunak with a 52% Dissatisfaction rating with only 22% of the country satisfied with his leadership.

Our latest Political Pulse release of 4 October shows that for Prime Minister Rishi Sunak, 24% are favourable towards him (-3 from August), and 52% are unfavourable (+3). For Keir Starmer 28% are favourable (-2 from August) and 42% are unfavourable (+4 from August).
www.ipsos.com...

On the Trans issue the country is split but Wokeism is ruffling feathers.

The research, published on Friday (11 August), found that 39 per cent of Brits “personally view” trans people in a positive light, with 33 per cent saying their feelings are neutral and four per cent saying they “don’t know”.

The remaining 25 per cent had negative feelings towards the community. This is up from 16 per cent in 2021, and follows YouGov research in 2022 which found that Britons had become less likely to support trans rights.
www.thepinknews.com...

Personally I think it is the least of our problems , people have the right to live their life as the see fit but I find the activism surrounding the issue is a problem and is doing more harm than good.

Live and let live.

edit on 8-10-2023 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

From a little noseying around that I've done, it does seem that the U.K. people (and therefore it's gov't for votes) is more reluctant, let's say it that way, to accept change.

Seems you have been noseying around msm or peers of your own opinion.
Strange that my experience here in the UK is totally different.
People and companies are forced to love the dear leader or else.
That is not what they think inside.
Also, why do you want change?
There isn't a need for change when it comes to biological facts. Any change to facts make them a lie or an agenda.

Look some people desire to be what they are not.
Fine, dress up, mince around, bind or chop off healthy organs, do whatever you want.
Your title should be male who wants to be a female or woman who wants to be a male.

You can want, feel, wish, desire all you want, you will never be the thing you desire, only an appropriation.
We can all accept you for it and with peers you may call youself a woman or a man.
That's all fine.

Where it isn't fine is when your right destroy other people's lives or your warped sense of self is taught in school as normal.

Men in dresses are destroying women's rights. Women are being pushed back for men in dresses' wants and desires.

Remember one thing, a tiny minority is trying to force their mental illness on the vast, vast majority.
And yes it's a mental illness. Even if you'd ever find physical proof of changes in the brain (which there really aren't).
This would come under brain damage or brain anomalies, not the norm.

If I get murderous after I hit my head, you wouldn't accept me as the norm either.

Nature churns out a lot of variations, to see if any of them bring an advantages. If it's not deadly but basically useless, life goes on, but the majority won't change.

Two sexes or genders, I don't care are proven to do the best.
Any outliers are just that.
Outliers, exceptions, flukes etc

Why do you want to change everyone to change to accept tis as normal?

We can protect, make anti discrimination laws etc, but the basic fact is that a man who wants to be a woman cannot ever be a woman. Even calling them that would only be a compassionate lie at best.

You cannot turn the Moon into the sun. But your lot would want people to lie by force. You are too weak to change Nature's laws.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Muldar

Now maybe I am a little biased but back in the day it was mostly men of retirement age but still sprightly, 50'ish was young for a parliamentary politician back then, that ran the country back then but in my opinion they did a far better job of it than those that are now in charge and have a career after politics to look forward to and a vested interest in setting themselves up instead of doing the right things while in power.

Sadly both parts of full of this now.

Oh don't get me wrong we had some real scumbags as well in both main party's in the past, Cyril Smith in the old Labour party for one and similar guys in the Tory's (Note I say Tory's because though they go by both names in my opinion being a Conservative and being a Tory are actually two very different things even if they are in the same party, John Major was actually the last decent prime minister we had and he the grey man was seen as boring, made the mistake of selling off BR and was voted out to be replaced by a supposedly LEFT wing prime minister from the Labour party that was even MORE right wing than Major ever had been and only then brought in privatisation of the NHS through the back door with the so called Hospital trusts - look were that got us - and so called Devolution which to my mind has been a disaster for our nation).

Oh a humorous note though I have only ever voted Conservative once if John major was running again I would probably vote for him with the wisdom of hindsight despite his mistake with BR.

Good post 👍🏼

Ever since I learnt about the 'philosopher king' from Platos republic, I have been on board with the idea of it.
A true philosopher, especially one that practices stoicism would never think of doing harm/wrong to anybody, let alone an entire nation.

I don't know what the answer is, maybe make at another requirement of at least a degree in philosophy to become a politician as well as a degree in politics? 🤷‍♂️

Politicians should be 100% for the people, this is clearly not the case.

The quote "Until philosophers are kings, or the kings and princes of this world have the spirit and power of philosophy, and political greatness and wisdom meet in one, and those commoner natures who pursue either to the exclusion of the other are compelled to stand aside, cities will never have rest from their evils, and the human race, as I believe, will have a possibility of life and behold the light of day." This quote comes from Plato's Republic, where Socrates is explaining what it's like to maintain a perfect soul.

The philosopher king is a hypothetical ruler in whom political skill is combined with philosophical knowledge. The concept of a city-state ruled by philosophers is first explored in Plato's Republic, written around 375 BC.Plato argued that the ideal state – one which ensured the maximum possible happiness for all its citizens – could only be brought into being by a ruler possessed of absolute knowledge, obtained through philosophical study. From the Middle Ages onwards, Islamic and Jewish authors expanded on the theory, adapting it to suit their own conceptions of the perfect ruler.

Source en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 8-10-2023 by Albert999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: face23785
If you believe men can become women, you are mentally ill and are a danger to yourself and everyone around you.

It's time to stop entertaining this nonsense. The people who believe this nonsense have serious mental health problems and need real treatment. They don't need mutilation and Big Pharma "solutions".

THAT IS A 100% FACT.

Not quite! (Playing devils advocate here). I don't agree that all gullible and naive people (sheep) = they have a mental illness. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the mental illness is rife, but I wouldn't say ALL of them have it, so it's probably more like 90% fact?

edit on 8-10-2023 by Albert999 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2023 by Albert999 because: Dumb thumb

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Muldar

Explain then what it is.

I already did , read it slowly.

so stating a biological fact is " pandering to the Right of his party who he has ignored through most of his failed leadership" ?

This is why the left fits in so perfect in clown world.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 07:16 AM
link   

What change is this?
You mean the attempts by the gender ideologues and trans activists to impose a fact-free ideology in schools and universities and then to call it education and change?

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

What change is this?
You mean the attempts by the gender ideologues and trans activists to impose a fact-free ideology in schools and universities and then to call it education and change?

not all change is good and destroying societies safeguards will in turn destroy society.

the English have always been like this from Boudica onwards they'll reject the idea that women should submit, this stuff sits alongside age old religious oppression, and persecution which it seems some women embrace... but as ideologies go its weak.

the uks labour just tried a trumpian word salad at their conference under a union flag to try to convince women they are the party that will support and protect women without. it fell flat because it was lifting things the party obviously didn't believe, Gordon brown did the same when tried to roll out British jobs for British workers, its all pr spin, the cons do the same all the time Sunak was only slightly more believable, but there are women in his party that would deliver needed changes to society.

one of the things we are seeing across the west is a steep rise in sex assaults and rapes, this is were brand is red meat to distract men from that political failing but not women who see this raise being normalised. But the attack on Israel and the filming of women some obviously very violently raped and still bloody down below highlighters the real destruction of safeguards the current establishment is overseeing and the need for real change. not least a return to real safeguards for women and kids.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Well said.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

so stating a biological fact is " pandering to the Right of his party who he has ignored through most of his failed leadership" ?

What has he changed by him stating that biological fact ?

Personally I'd rather he used words at the party conference that would actually mean something and make an actual difference to the lives of the hard pressed people of this country suffering blatant profiteering by energy companies and supermarkets.

I know there are only 2 genders I don't need the PM to tell me that.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I'd greatly prefer it if he were to kindly address some more pressing problems facing the Country.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I'd greatly prefer it if he were to kindly address some more pressing problems facing the Country.

That would require actual thought and real politics instead of stating the bleeding obvious for cheap soundbytes in his desperate rebrand.

He's spent more time talking about how he likes dancing to Britney Spears than cost of living, immigration, Ukraine, NHS crisis, major police corruption scandals or things actually affecting people.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   

a reply to: surfer_soul

Not in the media here.

No one really gives a monkeys about this?

if no one was interested then labour would not need to try and set itself as the nations patriotic party of women draped in a union flag with an unbelievable but very Trumpian world salad almost make women great again,, Sunak was only slightly more believable.

the why is pretty simple the country and west in general faces a huge increase in sex assaults and rapes.. so for women its a big issue but obviously a non issue for most males who just want to get angry at a bit of red meat like brand, as though being angry at him will fix everything..

it won't fix anything and men will continue to ignore the rise in sex assaults and rapes as worthless and uninteresting, even in gods waiting rooms sex assaults are becoming as common as shoplifting, Florida wanting to execute pedos or trump suggesting looters be shot are red meat like brand to mask the scale of issues society faces.

I grew up in Brighton so know most men want there to be more gays or more trans as they think that'll gives them absolute and unlimited access to any woman's sex they want, but the real world is not like that so they get angry at not getting what they see as rightfully theirs.. the people traffickers are trading on this male pattern behaviour as they sell English/German/French girls as sluts wanting to be taken, we saw how that anger is playing out on Israeli women.

This is male pattern behaviour and it is obvious even within the trans cohorts.. the lsla bryson case highlighted how many would defend the idea of putting a multiple rapist in the same cell as a female, probably in for not paying the telly tax. so when did rape become our go to punishment for even petty crimes..

so yes a large chunk of the country is interested..

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   

so totally ignore the increase in rapes and sexual assaults, ok got it..

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

We were talking about Rishi?

You've not got it, at all.

I suggest no such thing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join