It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Prime Minister says Traditional Understanding of Gender is Common Sense

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

Your statement is general about trying to satisfy those on the right. But I still don't get why his sayings are meaningless especially when you said that nothing he says is based on reality and truth.

OK I failed to mention that we are due a General Election next year and it looks very much like the Labour party (Left) will win , Sunak has shown himself to be all talk and no trousers on many issues including illegal immigration which many here really care about so he is trying to reposition himself as a Right wing leader instead of the social Conservative that he has been.

His words have little to no meaning and he is pandering to the Right of his party and the country but on past performance I doubt many will take him seriously.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

I understood from reading what you wrote, that you feel he is motivated by politics and doesn't really believe what he said.

Correct.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

you cann tell but who both parties are platying to and who is manovering in the background top be the next leader, the hiorse and riders for the uks cons next leader are all women notably braverman and badenoch.. immigration and womens rights.. both have broad grass roots support, the other rider is penny maudant but like johnson and truss no reall chance so big topics are women and immigration hence sunak needing to play this card.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Interesting thing about people and their most hated/loved politicians.

Like narcissists that take snapshots of people, and store them as interjects into their own internal drama. Actors in private plays.

All in our heads.

But we all swear we know who THEY are inside.

Its a sign you are dealing with someone that has their own mental issues.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Maybe the man just said what he actually thinks.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I think most folk here don't give two hoots about any of this.

We tend to have more pressing issues.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Actually I don't like Rishi's politics and his favouritism of the tiny elite rich minority one tiny bit or his neo liberalism that has like the Labour party completely taken over the Conservative party.

But that does not mean I don't like the man as I have obviously never met him and he seems likable enough and on this point I absolutely agree with him.

Sadly for me being a Centre Left (OLD LEFT not this woke bull crap that has taken over society today) my party the Labour party has gone to the dog's with woke politics becoming the norm and a greasy sleezy lawyer as there current leader, never liked lawyers they are too much like vampire.

So I will still vote Labour but to be fair for me and the majority of Traditional Labour voters there is no longer a party for us with the Labour party having become a Blairite Neo Liberal party instead of a traditional labour party.

So on this point at least as well as Braverman's stance against runaway migration and France dumping their problem on us I can at least agree BUT give me that and mix with with traditional Labour values (which were never about giving our nation to foreigners but about the common sense care of our OWN people and economy from the working class up to the upper middle class but not for the elite rich minority but that has sadly been turned on it's head since Blair's period of control) and I would have a party I could at least get behind, oh not those loony left of the 80's with their crooked ways that destroyed Liverpool and a few other councils back then but the Traditional Labour from just after the war.

Good to see though that the Scot's have seen through the SNP now and are going back to there traditional Labour party as some of the greatest Labour politicians of all time were Scottish, the Labour party was born in Scotland as well or mostly that is.

Traditionally the Conservative were the party of the Toff's the established old boy elite but that Conservative party is dead as a proverbial Dodo and it is now a Neo Liberal internationalist elite party of the Ultra Rich mostly that is Nouveau Riche the Faux aristocracy of today that were born during the Thatcher/Regan years and have there hearts hell bent on an international economy of the elite, culling the rest of us and making us into there serf's while Labour was for everyone else though people often vote without thinking idiots that they often are which is how we ended up with a pair of brass monkey running both our political party's today, not sure where the third on is but maybe the OLD Liberal party the Liberal Democrats or one of the other minor factions or maybe even the SNP, could be anywhere as that is obviously the one that Speaks no evil (or try's to haha).

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I agree with you.

Especially about Starmer.

As for lawyers, yes, but it's 99% that give the rest of us a bad name.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Actually I don't like Rishi's politics and his favouritism of the tiny elite rich minority one tiny bit or his neo liberalism that has like the Labour party completely taken over the Conservative party.

But that does not mean I don't like the man as I have obviously never met him and he seems likable enough and on this point I absolutely agree with him.

Sadly for me being a Centre Left (OLD LEFT not this woke bull crap that has taken over society today) my party the Labour party has gone to the dog's with woke politics becoming the norm and a greasy sleezy lawyer as there current leader, never liked lawyers they are too much like vampire.

So I will still vote Labour but to be fair for me and the majority of Traditional Labour voters there is no longer a party for us with the Labour party having become a Blairite Neo Liberal party instead of a traditional labour party.

So on this point at least as well as Braverman's stance against runaway migration and France dumping their problem on us I can at least agree BUT give me that and mix with with traditional Labour values (which were never about giving our nation to foreigners but about the common sense care of our OWN people and economy from the working class up to the upper middle class but not for the elite rich minority but that has sadly been turned on it's head since Blair's period of control) and I would have a party I could at least get behind, oh not those loony left of the 80's with their crooked ways that destroyed Liverpool and a few other councils back then but the Traditional Labour from just after the war.

Good to see though that the Scot's have seen through the SNP now and are going back to there traditional Labour party as some of the greatest Labour politicians of all time were Scottish, the Labour party was born in Scotland as well or mostly that is.

Traditionally the Conservative were the party of the Toff's the established old boy elite but that Conservative party is dead as a proverbial Dodo and it is now a Neo Liberal internationalist elite party of the Ultra Rich mostly that is Nouveau Riche the Faux aristocracy of today that were born during the Thatcher/Regan years and have there hearts hell bent on an international economy of the elite, culling the rest of us and making us into there serf's while Labour was for everyone else though people often vote without thinking idiots that they often are which is how we ended up with a pair of brass monkey running both our political party's today, not sure where the third on is but maybe the OLD Liberal party the Liberal Democrats or one of the other minor factions or maybe even the SNP, could be anywhere as that is obviously the one that Speaks no evil (or try's to haha).

Excellent comment in your reply!!!
Congratulations!!!

I am referring to this

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Now maybe I am a little biased but back in the day it was mostly men of retirement age but still sprightly, 50'ish was young for a parliamentary politician back then, that ran the country back then but in my opinion they did a far better job of it than those that are now in charge and have a career after politics to look forward to and a vested interest in setting themselves up instead of doing the right things while in power.

Sadly both parts of full of this now.

Oh don't get me wrong we had some real scumbags as well in both main party's in the past, Cyril Smith in the old Labour party for one and similar guys in the Tory's (Note I say Tory's because though they go by both names in my opinion being a Conservative and being a Tory are actually two very different things even if they are in the same party, John Major was actually the last decent prime minister we had and he the grey man was seen as boring, made the mistake of selling off BR and was voted out to be replaced by a supposedly LEFT wing prime minister from the Labour party that was even MORE right wing than Major ever had been and only then brought in privatisation of the NHS through the back door with the so called Hospital trusts - look were that got us - and so called Devolution which to my mind has been a disaster for our nation).

Oh a humorous note though I have only ever voted Conservative once if John major was running again I would probably vote for him with the wisdom of hindsight despite his mistake with BR.

edit on 7-10-2023 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   
“Traditional understanding of gender”

Does he mean THE ONLY understanding of gender?

The idiocy abounds

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
“Traditional understanding of gender”

Does he mean THE ONLY understanding of gender?

The idiocy abounds

Traditional ... as in that people have always called men men and women women for all of human history until the last few years when some people have been pushing the ideology that gender is how you feel inside, not if you have a penis or a vagina which is what people have always used to determine gender through all of human history.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Major was a decent man. But a bit of a disaster?

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Um, yeah I got the implication, it’s just based on the falsehood that there’s truly another understanding of gender. Don’t mind me

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Maybe the man just said what he actually thinks.

maybe but there is also a few groups manoeuvring to oust him before or just after next years election.. you Johnson and truss. then you have Penny Mordaunt (sword bearer at the coronation), and the favourites Braverman and Badenoch, so of them all 4 women and 1 man..

many feel the only chance of an electoral victory is either getting an actual conservative to lead the party or destroy the party utterly at the election so it can be replaced with a new conservative party, thats another group taking soundings.. thats a lot of pressure for the pm hence all the pivots on oil, net zero and same sex wards..

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

as some blame thatcher for the pits, I blame major for black Wednesday, cost lots of people i know their homes and jobs adding the concept of negative equity to our lexicon and letting a huge chunk of the first time buyers homes fall into landlord hands has done deep damage to the uks housing market by taking out that first rung, much of that pain sits on majors shoulders..

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   
He was saying the PM doesn't mean it, and would probably flip on that opinion if or when he needs to.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Let's not forget Lamont. I nearly lost my home back then when interest rates got eye watering.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   

He is right one hundred percent, the new trends and fads in today's society is one of the most dangerous that have ever faced us, but the truth is that is war against women of the species no really against man, but the target is women.

I am still scratching my head as what the final goal is.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Everyone in this thread

Can't you see with the topic at hand, the tiny % of actual trans in the populations, and politicians being pressed on this tiny issue. In both the USA and UK and probably elsewhere, all this being blown up by our media, that there is bigger agenda at play here?

All you have to do is read a synopsis of Brave New World.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join