It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority of Americans think businesses shouldn't take political-social stances on current events

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

originally posted by: quintessentone

Another viewpoint - cancel culture steps in to protect us all:

Dismissed

lol You can't dismiss societal changing morals and norms, and the power of ordinary people's cancelling power.

No such change exists.
A small minority tries to impose their 'values' and 'ideals'.

So again, dismissed!

Pay close attention to how upcoming generations refuse to take part in the failing societal framework and speak up and use cancel culture, then you will get a rude awakening.

Once the propaganda and indoctrination are taken out of schools and universities then they will be normalised. The upcoming generations won't be as retarded as this one where they think (at least some of them) there are 156 genders.

Normalized? Nothing is normal...all is evolving, except for some people, that is.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Dismissed

lol You can't dismiss societal changing morals and norms, and the power of ordinary people's cancelling power.

No such change exists.

So again, dismissed!

Pay close attention to how upcoming generations refuse to take part in the failing societal framework and speak up and use cancel culture, then you will get a rude awakening.

Once the propaganda and indoctrination are taken out of schools and universities then they will be normalised. The upcoming generations won't be as retarded as this one where they think (at least some of them) there are 156 genders.

Normalized? Nothing is normal...all is evolving, except for some people, that is.

Nope!

It's abnormal.

They're infected with the woke virus and that has an impact in perception and critical ability. Huge impact.
edit on 4-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

As I said earlier

Not every generation is retarded.
If you take away propaganda and indoctrination there is nothing into the woke ideology. A grade6 student will easily dismiss the ridiculous claims made on its name.

How confused someone is when they think businesses should take a stance on social and political matters.

Businesses have no...business in getting involved with politics.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Defund the police when looked at it in a realistic light, is to move funds from one area to another, and in the George Floyd case was to have mental health professionals available at the scene, not to be left up to bad apple police officers.

I don't understand how you think a mental health professional on the scene would help in George Floyd's case or anyone else's? George Floyd swallowed a bunch of pills to hide them from the police and it ended up giving him a heart attack. There's even a video out there where he said, "I think I'm getting ready to have a heart attack" while the police were removing him from a police vehicle and moving him to the ground because he kept screaming that he needed to get out of the police vehicle.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Businesses have no...business in getting involved with politics.

Is it politics or marketing?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Dismissed

No such change exists.

So again, dismissed!

Nope!

It's abnormal.

They're infected with the woke virus and that's have an impact in perception and critical ability. Huge impact.

I think it is that the upcoming generations are smarter than the older generations and they are the ones that will have the power, if they don't already, to shape society and the world in a more positive and healthful way that benefits the majority of humanity. Stay awake, stay relevant.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Dismissed

No such change exists.

So again, dismissed!

Nope!

It's abnormal.

They're infected with the woke virus and that's have an impact in perception and critical ability. Huge impact.

I think it is that the upcoming generations are smarter than the older generations and they are the ones that will have the power, if they don't already, to shape society and the world in a more positive and healthful way that benefits the majority of humanity. Stay awake, stay relevant.

Aaah yes! They're much smarter and that's why they think there are 156 genders...

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Dismissed

No such change exists.

So again, dismissed!

Nope!

It's abnormal.

I agree.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: malte85

the opposite is more likely to be the case. social media turn kids into self-reflective and extremely critical pseudo-adults. whats good: they develop an awareness for social action, environmental awareness, for other cultures and ways of life at an early age. nevertheless, this generation is totally overloaded with information.

That's one of the funniest things I've ever read. Social media has turned kids into a bunch of anxiety ridden messes! Real awareness is developed through physical interaction with others and those different from ourselves. Body language can speak a lot louder than words on a screen. Most of the kids I see today are all on anxiety medication and seeing therapists to overcome their fears and anxiety.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   
generally this is where the big cops have got it wrong.. and why it risks backfiring when they take stances on pendulum issues..

much of Europe is swinging away from consensus will the us democrats which is a reverse of where things where only a few years ago..

The us and uk are heading down different paths.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Upcoming generations are not satisfied with how older generations made their world, they want belonging and respect. Out with the old toxicity in with the new healthier way of doing things.

Healthier? That "belonging and respect" they claim they want isn't even being extended to others around them.

What's toxic is how much they focus on themselves while trying to pretend they're doing it for others. They'll show empathy towards a stranger in the name of a cause while they turn their backs on their entire family. It's all a show...for social media clicks!

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I love seeing you two in your nice little circle jerk of an echo chamber, no matter how wrong you are.

Kids today are far from being smarter than the older generations, I mean FFS, they were EATING TIDE PODS.

They will not be "shaping our society into a more positive and helpful one", they are going to mold it into the thumb sucking, cry baby, utopia they want it to be. They will do what they have bene doing for years, getting offended by everything and demanding change when change is not necessary.

If the younger generations are the ones who will be "molding the future" we are screwed. Everyone line up for your orange crocs and get ready for "Idiocracy PT. 2"

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

I love seeing you two in your nice little circle jerk of an echo chamber, no matter how wrong you are.

I've lived long enough to have a first-hand, real life, view of this world and society.

When I was a kid most things were still divided by gender roles, and any "off" person was hidden behind closed doors.

Circle Jerk? What? A couple of us have independent thought from the clone majority here?

I'd rather be WOKE than STUCK.

It did take me years to understand everything is politics. Marketing is politics. Marketing is about money.

edit on 4-10-2023 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   

What is your definition of "failing societal framework"?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   

we've done that lie generation after generation the next will be fulfil some political ideological nonsense, it'll end domestic violence, child abuse, war and famine, the humanist tried to sell a golden age just before the reformation highlighted the scale of lies, mockery and corruption that had been normalised..

that big us corps want people to start buying/selling their rights as a model is not far from the indulgences of the church and highlights the depth of corrupt thinking in the world..

there is no perfect corp, next generation or country, Canada once held as that lovely idealist escape is now seen as butchers in the same way the Scandies did when their eugenics programs got out..

its true the nice tends to mask the nasty.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Wow, didn't see that coming a mile away.....yawn Oh that's right, you are the leading expert on everything right? No, you just assume you are

Got any new material?

Woke does not mean what you think it means sweetheart. That is just the calling card of the cry babies who don't get there way when they want every little thing catered to them so that it inconveniences everyone else.

OMG we need gender neutral bathrooms, even though we have been using two different bathrooms for years without issue.

You can't say that word because it hurts my feelings

You can't dress like that, that's not right for who you are

You can't come in here, this area is for the alphabet mafia only.

edit on 4-10-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

"How confused someone is when they think businesses should take a stance on social and political matters."

Why shouldn't they?

Do you want to silence them?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

That's what all young people say until they grow up and face the realization of their choices.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
As a business owner....if politics affects my business I should just keep my mouth shut? Freedom of speech dosen't apply to businesses?

you are totally free to piss off half of your clientele at any point. It's epically stupid to do that, but you can if you like.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Dismissed

No such change exists.

So again, dismissed!

Nope!

It's abnormal.

Yes, when those old folks were kids, they bought a car and the manual told how to adjust the valves. Your new generation has to be warned not to eat the tide pods. Future is so bright, you gotta wear shades.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join