It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plus-size lady who petitioned for free-extra plane seats now calls on hotels to enlarge hallways

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

It proves that all it takes is some will and determination.

Doing nothing but demanding that the world cater to you and your chosen lifestyle is not grounds to be considered disabled.

Good to know that you like to denounce success in something that you are trying to deny.

I guess you won't be happy until the whole world is 500 pounds and can't even move without assistance, right? With trying to cater to a lifestyle that is not needed, or wanted, by most, that is all you are saying.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

It proves that all it takes is some will and determination.

Doing nothing but demanding that the world cater to you and your chosen lifestyle is not grounds to be considered disabled.

Good to know that you like to denounce success in something that you are trying to deny.

I guess you won't be happy until the whole world is 500 pounds and can't even move without assistance, right? With trying to cater to a lifestyle that is not needed, or wanted, by most, that is all you are saying.

I don't denounce your success, I question that it will work for the other 99% of people...two different things.

I am very happy, the people who are not happy are the disabled/obese people who are treated like s**t in society.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The other 99% are not willing to try, and it shows.

www.nhsinform.scot...

EDIT: Fixed

Here is some more info for you on treating obesity.

They are not unhappy due to treatment, they are unhappy due to society not wanting to cater to their lifestyle just because they choose not to take care of themselves.

If you want to be obese and that is how you want to live, then go for it. But, don't expect me to cater to your victim mentality when, in most cases, it would be just as easy for you to seek the help you need to adjust your way of life.
edit on 3-10-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Muldar

a reply to: Muldar

Yes, make everything wider or it's termed 'accessible' or 'inclusive' if they are in a wheelchair or have an oxygen machine and happen to be obese because of mobility issues. I'm not sure what your problem is with disabled people who happen to be obese. But that's not it, now is it? It's because she's a young social warrior trying to effect societal change. You have other terms for people like her, now don't you?

There isn't any problem as far as I know.

Problem is with those who eat the junk and keep eating the junk and continue upon this path without even wanting to change (and without moving) and then make a range of demands.

What disability she has?
You mentioned this earlier.

She uses a wheelchair and an oxygen machine, what don't you understand about that being a disability?

The person who is the topic of this thread can walk, swim, and do other activities as far as I know. She doesn't to have a disability. She may have some conditions as result of being obese.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Some do have a legitimate medical condition for their size, Andre the Giant as an easy example.

Yea some people cant lose weight, know a couple over the course of my life and I empathize with them, rest can go pound sand, find the motivation and go lose some weight.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Yes, make everything wider or it's termed 'accessible' or 'inclusive' if they are in a wheelchair or have an oxygen machine and happen to be obese because of mobility issues. I'm not sure what your problem is with disabled people who happen to be obese. But that's not it, now is it? It's because she's a young social warrior trying to effect societal change. You have other terms for people like her, now don't you?

Problem is with those who eat the junk and keep eating the junk and continue upon this path without even wanting to change (and without moving) and then make a range of demands.

What disability she has?

She uses a wheelchair and an oxygen machine, what don't you understand about that being a disability?

The person who is the topic of this thread can walk, swim, and do other activities as far as I know. She doesn't to have a disability. She may have some conditions as result of being obese.

You always do this, pick one person to sensationalize and either rise them up or take them down - without proper research in both instances.

It's your thread and you can't be bothered to learn anything about this woman and her issues, and that is a very bad look for you here on ATS.

The influencer has seen her weight fluctuate throughout the years, particularly after she was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) in and pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure in the blood vessels connected to the lungs, in 2019 - which caused her to gain 100lbs.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Chick is so big when she walks down a hallway she bumps into herself.

I've been there, but it wasn't the hallways I had a problem with; it was the small entrance to the toilet.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   

It's not sensationalizing when she is who the thread is about, not sure why you have such a problem with us focusing on the person the thread is about.

Women can lose weight with PCOS, it is difficult, but can be done. You just have to take the initiative and do it.

Pulmonary hypertension and high blood pressure, most of the time, can be taken care of by losing weight and/or taking meds for it. These two can also be the result of being too heavy.....but you don't like to hear that because it's "fat shaming"

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   

What disability she has?

You always do this, pick one person to sensationalize and either rise them up or take them down - without proper research in both instances.

It's your thread and you can't be bothered to learn anything about this woman and her issues, and that is a very bad look for you here on ATS.

The influencer has seen her weight fluctuate throughout the years, particularly after she was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) in and pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure in the blood vessels connected to the lungs, in 2019 - which caused her to gain 100lbs.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Already discussed yesterday.
Pulmonary hypertension is not necessarily related to being obese. In fact around 50% of the cases have no known cause. Sometimes it does relate to being obese but I don't know if this condition is a result of being obese in this case.

Regardless, her aim isn't to become a social justice warrior but to loose weight and get some advise. And she can loose weight just like others have done being in similar situations.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   
At this rate, all walls and ceilings will eventually be considered offensive.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It sucks to have an ailment. But she didn’t get that big overnight so it would take some time to reverse it to a more manageable sized body. Which is a better solution than forcing some of these changes.

Managing caloric intake and performing some type of exercise will have a positive effect on anyone regardless of physical condition.

But We don’t live in that world, we are in the Ozempic world where there is a drug for everything and if not there is a megaphone and audience for supporting poor lifestyle choices

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   

What disability she has?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Pulmonary hypertension is not necessarily related to being obese. In fact around 50% of the cases have no known cause. Sometimes it does relate to being obese but I don't know if this condition is a result of being obese in this case.

Regardless, her aim isn't to become a social justice warrior but to loose weight and get some advise. And she can loose weight just like others have done being in similar situations.

I see you conveniently glossed over the reason for her large weight gain. I expected no better.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   

What disability she has?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I see you conveniently glossed over the reason for her large weight gain. I expected no better.

No I didn't. Same as above.
It could be related to weight gain in some of the cases, but not all. And weight gain doesn't mean you will become obese.

So as before, the woman must reduce her weight and not become a social justice warrior. She can loose weight and get advise.

The dailymail has asserted she has gain weight because of her condition. But we don't know this at all, especially if it's about 100lbs.

You're very mistaken if you think by linking some articles you have determined the cause of her obesity.
edit on 3-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

The reason for her weight gain?
MOST LIKELY over eating and not exercising.
That's what it usually is. I gave the CDC link.

You have no idea what the reason for her obesity is
and yet it's YOU who conveniently leaves out the overeating and
lack of physical activity as primary reasons for obesity.

Bottom line ... she's FAT and she wants the world to conform to
her being fat instead of her going on a diet and exercising to
lose the weight to fit in. She wants hotels to go through major
reconstruction which is IMPOSSIBLE .. move load bearing walls
and everything else .... all for people who refuse to take
personal responsibility and stop over eating.

That's a big fat HELL NO. She needs to lose weight and
grow the hell up.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   
She is already accommodated by a handicapped suite, the whole world does not need to make expensive/unreasonable/unfeasible changes to accommodate her, in places she will never be in..what's the % of morbidly obese like her..1-2%.???

It isn't going to happen. Maybe a few more handicapped suites is fine.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Just ask another member in this thread, those mods are quick and easy.

Clearly they are one who has no concept of basic architecture or construction.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I agree with the hand held shower heads and I would like to see safety bars added as well a reply to: Muldar

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

yeah i get you too.

i have thyroid disease that makes it hard to lose weight and easy to gain, but I do fasting to keep my hunger in control. i just got that "skinny fat" problem where i need to move more although the rub is that same thyroid disease makes me tired/have a lack of energy

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   
also yeah, i think we are seeing the rise of fat entitlement again, where back in the old days, the true fat people were nobles who lorded over the skinny malnourished peasants.

i feel bad for people who have medical conditions, but there are definitely people out there who just don't care about what they put into their body, plus feeder/mukbang cultures ala nikocado avocado

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Oh, it's totally off the mark.

I'm 6'4", and weigh in the neighborhood of 300 lbs, but you'd be hard pressed to call much of it excess...I'm just a big man.

Come by it naturally. My knees hate it, at this point in my life...but that weight is going to be near impossible to lose.

But according to the scale, I'm morbidly obese... News to me. Hopefully, as I grow older, I'll lose a bit of this--until that happy day...I deal with it.

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join