It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book burners at it again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 07:32 PM
link   

NEW YORK (1010 WINS/WCBS 880) – Legislation in the New York City Council could reportedly lead to the removal of statues depicting historical figures like George Washington and Christopher Columbus.

The council's Cultural Affairs Committee was set to hold a public hearing Tuesday to discuss legislation authored by Council Member Sandy Nurse and co-sponsored by 16 other members.

www.msn.com...

The evil left is at it again.

This time they're removing statues because apparently statues are racist.

And it probably offended some idiot.

In solidarity, I am asking for everyone who agrees with this to send me all their 1 dollar bills.

PM me for the address.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Let that be a lesson to the new group of immigrants... once the Democrat party no longer has any use for you they'll seek to erase your culture ... just ask the last group of immigrants.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

In solidarity, I am asking for everyone who agrees with this to send me all their 1 dollar bills.

Nice try USPS....

...nice try.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Sending small bills

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'm all good with Washington statues, but why do we still care about Columbus? He was SO overhyped to our generations.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Now that we know that the Vikings beat him here by a few centuries I’d be good with statues of Ragnar Lothbrok or Erik The Red!

The horns on their helmets would deter the pigeons and seagulls.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I didn't open the link because I am being super lazy after a long day. Are they just moving the statues or actually getting rid of them?
I'm ok with moving to a museum but to remove historically significant pieces....I draw the line.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuffx2

Now that we know that the Vikings beat him here by a few centuries I’d be good with statues of Ragnar Lothbrok or Erik The Red!

Its sounds like you're advocating for drinking from the skulls of our enemies again.

..of which I am in full support of.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 08:43 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuffx2

You know about the Vikings in America but you don't know the drinking horns attached to the helmets was done by a British 'archeologist' just to make them more interesting? The helmet and horns were found in the same grave so he thought they were supposed to be attached.

As for the statues, oh no not again!

No one is forcing anyone to look at them. I want video evidence of this if someone claims somebody is.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: NorthOfStuffx2

Its sounds like you're advocating for drinking from the skulls of our enemies again.

..of which I am in full support of.

I concur.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I'm all good with Washington statues, but why do we still care about Columbus? He was SO overhyped to our generations.

Do you want to support eliminating history?

REEEEEEEEEEEELLLLY?

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry

I didn't open the link because I am being super lazy after a long day. Are they just moving the statues or actually getting rid of them?
I'm ok with moving to a museum but to remove historically significant pieces....I draw the line.

I'm too lazy to actually reply to your post.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Because the Italian community adopted him as a symbol when they were struggling for their equality in this country at a time when atrocities such as lynchings were visited upon them because they were seen as the less than human "other".

Perhaps an argument can be made that in an age before the internet and full educations they choose a flawed symbol; but none the less they choose it and used it as a source of solidarity and strength.

That might not mean anything to you; but it does mean something to them.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 09:26 PM
link   

But ya did and after reading the short article it doesn't say what will become of the statues if this passes.
You posting a link to a measly 7 paragraph article that doesn't really delve into the specific details seems on par with some usual posting in matters like these.
So go back and do more research into the topic before posting inflammatory threads.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Stopstealingmycountry

Oy vey.

According to the New York Post, the bill would direct the city's Public Design Commission to form a plan to remove artwork on city property “that depict a person who owned enslaved persons or directly benefited economically from slavery, or who participated in systemic crimes against indigenous peoples or other crimes against humanity.”

Still out of crayons, hope you still get the point though.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry

But ya did and after reading the short article it doesn't say what will become of the statues if this passes.
You posting a link to a measly 7 paragraph article that doesn't really delve into the specific details seems on par with some usual posting in matters like these.
So go back and do more research into the topic before posting inflammatory threads.

No.

They are taking the statues down.

If they had a plan they'd discuss it, but since the statues are racist (derp) they will probably be broken down into small stones for Biden's Antifa forces to harm police and innocent mothers.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

What point are you trying to make exactly?
I made my point very clear.
So it would appear they are open to discuss the removal and relocation of the statues in question. Maybe make that part clear to the readers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join