It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The USA Must End Drug Prohibition

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: Turquosie

Puddin' I'm seeing the practical applications of legalized drug use.

You can spout any damned thing you want, but I'm living in it.

You are seeing Portland, Oregon where those in charge do things Full a@@ backwards.

They are the ones in charge.

Those in Seattle, San Fran are also complete assholes.

Show me a city where drugs are legalized and crime has dropped and I will apologize and bow out.

Now you have jumped to crime which is a whole other subject.

No.

You cannot separate legalized drugs from crime because they are proportional.

Yes you can because state of economy, survival on the streets etc. Drugs don't have to come into it.

When crime increases the same time drugs are legalized there is a direct correlation, considering that drug seekers and users are committing more crimes to get more drugs.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: quintessentone

Sure, thats a net benefit regardless of legality.

Yet I'm still pondering the question I asked.

That question was not posed to me. I'm on the solutions track.

Solution?

You haven't even been able to isolate the problem.

How do you responsibly use heroin and meth?

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The root cause of all of our emotions and feelings of well being are the biological processes in our brain and nervous system.

The chemicals we ingest are one artificial way that we stimulate our brains to produce the desired effects. This is also the most dangerous way, as those chemical combinations cause problems for many other parts of our entire system and can make us seriously ill and also kill us.

With our technology advancing the way it does, we will most likely, in the near future, develop a way to directly manipulate those brain mechanisms to produce the same effects, without harming anything else. This could be electro-magnetic, auditory, or who knows what else... but it just seems that this will come about through advanced research in what really makes us tick.

Just a thought. Untold other issues will emerge because of it, but I think we can make a sure bet that someday, this will be the way that people will invoke "recreational feel good". One can also just imagine the business model for such a thing.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   

You are seeing Portland, Oregon where those in charge do things Full a@@ backwards.

Show me a city where drugs are legalized and crime has dropped and I will apologize and bow out.

No.

Yes you can because state of economy, survival on the streets etc. Drugs don't have to come into it.

When crime increases the same time drugs are legalized there is a direct correlation, considering that drug seekers and users are committing more crimes to get more drugs.

So is a bad economy. My small town food market is being hit by thieves at an alarming rate and I don't attribute that to drugs. How do you separate crimes attributed to drugs as opposed to a bad economy?

ETA:

A highly addicted person's first go to would be to sell their body because robbing people or homes requires too much effort and I'm not even sure they would be in any condition to be able to pull it off.
edit on q00000029930America/Chicago1414America/Chicago9 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 08:28 PM
link   

No.

So is a bad economy. My small town food market is being hit by thieves at an alarming rate and I don't attribute that to drugs. How do you separate crimes attributed to drugs as opposed to a bad economy?

I enjoy the unique position of being involved with safety briefings every morning at multiple Portland hospitals.

The criminals, the drug users and abusers and why they are there (in hospital ED's) with police presence is a direct indicator.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Puddin' I'm seeing the practical applications of legalized drug use. Have you ever hung around with heroin addicts? I have and they are mostly incapacitated most of the time.

No.

I enjoy the unique position of being involved with safety briefings every morning at multiple Portland hospitals.

The criminals, the drug users and abusers and why they are there (in hospital ED's) with police presence is a direct indicator.

Narrow view of a very large city, try the panoramic view.
edit on q00000032930America/Chicago4242America/Chicago9 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Puddin' I'm seeing the practical applications of legalized drug use. Have you ever hung around with heroin addicts? I have and they are mostly incapacitated most of the time.

No.

What, you get actual onsite facts from someone on the ground and you refute it.

Good day, ma'am.

Good day to you.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 08:54 PM
link   

No.

Good day, ma'am.

Good day to you.

That is not ground zero it's a small slice of the city.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 08:59 PM
link   

No.

Good day, ma'am.

Good day to you.

You don't live here so you really don't know.

Do you.

You claim to know more NOT living here than I do who is living here.

lol

Leftists.

lol

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:03 PM
link   

No.

Good day, ma'am.

Good day to you.

Do you.

lol

Leftists.

lol

And you don't live on the streets where it all happens, so you don't know either.

Know it alls. - not.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   

No.

Good day, ma'am.

Good day to you.

Do you.

lol

Leftists.

lol

And you don't live on the streets where it all happens, so you don't know either.

Know it alls. - not.

No.

I don't live in the streets.

I just drive and walk on them.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:05 PM
link   

No.

Good day, ma'am.

Good day to you.

Do you.

lol

Leftists.

lol

Know it alls. - not.

No.

Oblivious then to others' lives.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:09 PM
link   

No.

Good day, ma'am.

Good day to you.

Do you.

lol

Leftists.

lol

Know it alls. - not.

No.

Oh Christ.

You don't even LIVE here.

And you're telling me about the town I've lived in for years?

Really?

This is the height of arrogance and you seem to be going full Karen.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:11 PM
link   

No.

Good day, ma'am.

Good day to you.

Do you.

lol

Leftists.

lol

Know it alls. - not.

No.

Oh Christ.

You don't even LIVE here.

And you're telling me about the town I've lived in for years?

Really?

This is the height of arrogance and you seem to be going full Karen.

I'm not telling you about your town, I'm telling you about addicted people which are in every town and city.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Anyway, my point on this thread is about if you are going to decriminalize drugs then put in place teams of street counsellors/life savers because addiction has been proven to be attributable to psychological trauma not because it's legal. Do the opposite of what Portland, Oregon did. So, yeah, defund the police and funnel that money to those teams on the street, is all I am saying.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I'm not telling you about your town, I'm telling you about addicted people which are in every town and city.

Please.

Tell me more about the town I live in that you've never seen.

Please tell me more about the addicts filling ED's and assaulting staff that I hear about every day, that you don't.

Please, share with all of us the great insight you have in a town you've never seen, a town you've never lived in.

Please bless us with your wisdom.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

See post above.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

Cool.. just don't expect the rest of us to pay for your health care if you wish to indulge in harmful addictions.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

Cool.. just don't expect the rest of us to pay for your health care if you wish to indulge in harmful addictions.

Interesting perspective. Do you also apply that standard of reasoning to food products that cause cancer or destroy the intestine?

I'm just asking because it seems like a lot of people use those products as well, and studies show that regular use of those products can be extremely harmful and even deadly over time. These substances are completely legal, and their use is regularly promoted and heavily advertised.

By your standard of reasoning and judgement, shouldn't we also refuse to treat users of those substances as well?

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:53 AM
link   

a reply to: quintessentone

Sure, thats a net benefit regardless of legality.

Yet I'm still pondering the question I asked.

That question was not posed to me. I'm on the solutions track.

Solution?

You haven't even been able to isolate the problem.

How do you responsibly use heroin and meth?

Ooh! Ooh! I know this one!

One responsibly uses drugs by using them but still being a responsible human being.

A responsible meth or heroin user doesn't commit crimes, they just happen to use meth or heroin.

Probably doesn't happen all that much amongst the selection pool of meth and heroin users, we'd probably most of us reading this agree, based on observations.

Uncle Joe likes his speedballs. Most people think it's an odd, disgusting habit. I'd rather it were just that than...AND he's spent half of his life in prison because of it. Pretty sure it would still be an odd, disgusting habit even if it were legal. Everybody's not going to want to suddenly run out and try it. Some will, sure.

I'm never gonna feel right about that guy who got the hefty prison sentence for the big bag of weed he got caught with, or the vial of acid, or the ounce of psilocybin. Like, "Yeah, we're really doing it right here! Score one for the home team!"

To me, the same rationalization holds true for that roofer who got caught with the big bag of heroin he just spent a month's wages on, planning to sit back in his shack for a week shooting up until it was gone, then go back to work and do it all again. It's not my thing, but he should have the right to do it if that is the lifestyle he chooses. He should be able to do this without risking prison time, provided he doesn't hurt anybody in the process.

It doesn't make it any less of a disgusting habit(in my opinion), it doesn't make it something anybody SHOULD want(in my opinion), it just shouldn't be something we send people to prison for.
edit on 9-9-2023 by TheBadCabbie because: "censor, censor, censor...join the Army and mark things!"

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join