It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The USA Must End Drug Prohibition

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: badcabbie
Rescheduling Cannabis from a schedule 1 substance to a schedule 3 substance gives the Democrats a win, in my opinion. It makes them look good. It was the right thing to do, and way past time in implementation.

Republicans, this could have been your win.

I wanted to write a reply to this post to note that to date, nothing has really happened with this recommendation to re-schedule Marijuana. Biden made a recommendation, took a victory lap, and nothing has really changed so far. Perhaps it will, eventually, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this fall through the cracks either.

Point being that, again, Republicans, this could be your win. You can follow through where the Democrats have failed to do so. Reach across the aisle if they're still willing to own this in a year, and say to them "We think you're actually doing the right thing for a minute, so we'll go ahead and agree with you and make this happen." This would be a good thing for the country. A majority of the US population supports the legalization of cannabis, as far as I know.

<< 11  12  13   >>

join