It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000 School Districts Hide Kids Trans Identities From Parents

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The Constitution and Your Child

Does the Constitution provide for parental and familial rights? The answer, according to case law, is yes. Parents have the right to care for, nurture, raise and guide their children. In the United States, the government and courts view parental rights as a part of liberty, that is, as a fundamental right that must be respected and followed to the greatest extent possible. In other words, only in extreme cases such as abuse or neglect, or imminent danger, may another authority interfere with a parent’s rights and liberty interests regarding the custody and care of their child.

This liberty interest is based on a tripod consisting of the 14th amendment to the constitution, the 5th amendment to the constitution and case law including Supreme Court rulings dating back to the past century.

The 14th Amendment to the Constitution. The standard for parental rights is based, in large part, on the 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution, which reads in part:

“No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law…”. The Supreme Court of the United States has consistently ruled that the 14th amendment’s wording of “liberty” and “due process” combine to guarantee parents the liberty, and therefore, the right, of raising their children, and that the state and others cannot infringe on that right without affording the due process of the law.

The 5th Amendment to the Constitution. The 5th Amendment to the Constitution again guarantees an individual’s rights, stating in part that no one may be “…deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law…”. Judges have long ruled that this fundamental right of liberty applies to parents having the right to raise, care for, and educate their children.

Case Law. Parents’ rights to raise their children and issues of care and custody of their children under the law is considered a fundamental part of liberty. Due process is essential for protecting that liberty. The United States Supreme Court recognized this constitutional right of parents regarding their children in 1923 with a landmark case Meyer v. Nebraska, 262 U.S. 390, 399, 401, 67 L. Ed. 1042, 43 S. Ct. 625 (1923), where it stated that parents enjoyed the “liberty”, protected by “due process”, to raise their children and to “establish a home and bring up children” and further to “control the education of their own.”

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
American Bar Association - Parental Rights Cases To Know

The U.S. Supreme Court and federal court rulings highlighted below recognize parents’ constitutional rights to the care, custody, and control of their children. See Guggenheim’s chapter for analysis of these and other cases, as well as an overview of child protection laws and how they affect parental rights.

Right to raise children as parents choose - law making cases listed at site
Right to make decisions about children - law making cases listed at site

In order for parents to raise children as they choose and to make decisions about children, the schools can't subvert parental authority by calling children by new names and putting them in opposite gender sports and then not tell the parents. Parents NEED TO KNOW in order to properly raise a child and to find the child proper mental health and physical health help if needed.

How idealistic.

And those perfect idealistic parents are going to accept their LGBTQ+ child with loving arms and not kick them out of the house.

We’ve seen how that works.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Parental Rights and Responsibilities Act of 1995 - Prohibits any Federal, State, or local government or any official of such a government from interfering with or usurping the right of a parent to govern the upbringing of a child of the parent.

Those making laws backing school policies of not telling parents what the schools are doing with their allegedly TRANS children are violating this act.

Congress.GOV Summary of the Parental Rights and Responsibilities Act of 1995

Congress.Gov PDF of the S984 Bill

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
And those perfect idealistic parents are going to accept their LGBTQ+ child with loving arms and not kick them out of the house.

Nope. It's against the law for parents to kick minor aged children out of the house. They'd be arrested for neglect. The parents have a NEED TO KNOW if their child is allegedly TRANS in order to properly raise their child. When left alone the vast majority of allegedly TRANS children outgrow the notion that they are TRANS. I already posted the information. Very few actually are.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Alliance Defending Freedom - Everything You Need To Know About Parents Rights in Public Schools

Children are born into families. The family is the basic unit of society.

Parents’ rights to direct the upbringing and education of their children are fundamental rights protected by the U.S. Constitution. In fact, these rights are “pre-political.” What does that mean? Parental rights are natural rights that exist before the state. They cannot be given or taken away by a government.

Parental rights include, but are not limited to, making decisions regarding children’s education and health care in a manner consistent with their family’s values. Parents must do so to promote their children’s general health and well-being.

According to the U.S. Supreme Court, the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment protects parental rights. The Court has repeatedly affirmed that they are fundamental rights.

Consider the 1972 Supreme Court case Wisconsin v. Yoder. In that case, the Supreme Court upheld the right of Amish parents to educate their children at home after the eighth grade.

In his majority opinion, Chief Justice Warren Burger wrote, “The history and culture of Western civilization reflect a strong tradition of parental concern for the nurture and upbringing of their children. This primary role of the parents in the upbringing of their children is now established beyond debate as an enduring American tradition.” The Court affirmed what many know intuitively: the responsibility of raising children rests primary with parents.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Nope. It's against the law for parents to kick minor aged children out of the house. They'd be arrested for neglect. The parents have a NEED TO KNOW if their child is allegedly TRANS in order to properly raise their child. When left alone the vast majority of allegedly TRANS children outgrow the notion that they are TRANS. I already posted the information. Very few actually are.

Real life history is not on your side.

Who cares if a kid outgrows thinking they’re transgender.

It’s how they feel going through this period in their life.

Self esteem is everything.

My kid talks to me, about everything. He is not afraid to express how he feels.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Properly raise? As in not educating themselves as to child development stages including role playing, questioning, fantasizing? As in not educating themselves in gender dysphoria vs other types of disorders? As in believing the 'system' is indoctrinating their children and their duty is to indoctrinate the child themselves according to their beliefs? As in not seeking any type of professional medical assistance in understanding and helping their child get through whatever they are going through for the child's wellbeing and not the parents' emotional or biased needs?

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I have been a long time lurker here. This is my first post. This is here in my town and my son's school converted my son's gender when he was about 5 years old. They changed his name and started referring to him exclusively as female pronouns. I found out when i got a letter in the mail addressed "to the parent or guardian of" followed by a female name. After spending about 150k and 7 years of my life in supreme court -- I lost. The mother was awarded full custody and medical decision making power for the child to "explore his gender identity".

At age 5 he was sent to a Dr by the name of "Dr. Tran" (seriously) and over a 45 minute phone call having never spoken to or met the child, Dr.Tran recommended puberty blockers around 9-10. Thankfully my son is awake now and is old enough to voice what he wants (more importantly what he doesnt want). There is so much corruption with this issue - it has completely destroyed me financially as i'm ordered by judges to pay out more than i make every month. This is how they silence parents from speaking out. I'm a good dude, my MMPI scores are abnormally average, custodial assessments were done that recommended sole custody to me... and it was all ignored. The only thing that worked in saving my son was to SPEAK OUT and EXPOSE.

I want to personally thank the OP for this post because i submitted my son's school to this list with proof from FOIL requests. BTW i am in buffalo NY.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

'Foreigners' have every right to comment on ATS. It is an international site and not restricted to Americans.

I welcome the opportunity to interact with others not from the same places I've lived. It's why I travel someplace overseas once a year.

That being said, when non-Americans weigh in on American culture in a way that is not to learn, but to denigrate or point fingers, or make fun, well, I give as good as I get.

But thank you for drawing the line.

edit on 8/24/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Yes it is. The LAW says they can't kick underage children out without getting arrested.
Post some proof that Trans minors all become homeless when telling their parents.

Who cares if a kid outgrows thinking they’re transgender.

^^THAT is the problem. Everyone should care. ENABLING the notion that a child is TRANS when they are not is extremely BAD for the child. Leaving it alone so they outgrow it naturally is the best thing. Otherwise they start taking body changing drugs and do things that they can't come back from.

It’s how they feel going through this period in their life.
Self esteem is everything.

And they can have good self esteem without the enabling and without the puberty blockers

My kid talks to me, about everything. He is not afraid to express how he feels.

So ??

Gender Transition Medications and Surgeries for Children in the USA

Only 12–27% of children with gender dysphoria—a condition where one’s perceived gender identity differs from their biological sex—carry it into adulthood, yet many children in the U.S. are still eligible for irreversible therapies and surgeries

edit on 8/24/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
'Foreigners' have every right to comment on ATS.

Sure. But when a foreigner falsely calls the US public schools 'safe havens' and refuses to read solid information showing just the opposite, then they just become a mouthy foreigner troll. IMHO

That being said, when non-Americans weigh in on American culture in a way that is not to learn, but to denigrate or point fingers, or make fun, well, I give as good as I get.

I posted a half hours worth of reading that provided good stats and information. 30 seconds later he was posting drivel about how it was all junk. He didn't even take the time to read the headlines let alone educate himself on what was in the information because it went against his narrative. That's trolling.
edit on 8/24/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AlmostHelpful

Im so sorry to hear your story. Women, in some states, have an advantage just being the mom.

I had to fight for my daughter here in CA. He came out 'gay' when she was 3, and I never had a single clue after 14 years together, 11 married. Not a clue, he was so hidden. It was her birth, I think actually, that triggered him to 'come out' after being deeply closeted. This was at the peak of AIDS. He could lie and cheat on me, but he couldn't lie to her and continue to play roulette. I bet you cant guess what happen while we were in a custody battle? Yep, he was diagnosed HIV+ and he had exposed me. By the GRACE of our LORD, He protected me from the evil deception. But the gay activist ALCOHOLIC judge that was later removed from the bench, had us in a joint custody arrangement and I faced sending my daugher to visit him every single week. I fought him for nearly 7 years, by myself as I had to either lose my house to the lawyers or by that time, learned how the game is played. Another story for another time.

I ended up with the house, full custody of my child and he is an AIDS survivor somewhere out there. My daughter, well, she lives in Seattle, or er, CHAZ, and has a mohawk. I blame him. I did everything I could to save her from the left, and ultimately lost.

Welcome to ATS. As a lurker, you know how cool it is here!

edit on 8/24/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Yes it is. The LAW says they can't kick underage children out without getting arrested.
Post some proof that Trans minors all become homeless when telling their parents.

How lovely that you inserted the word “ALL”.

Kicked out doesn’t necessarily mean physically removed.

Mental/emotional torture is probably worse.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   
And I had to divorce my kids dad, cuz he was jealous of his own children.

When a 4 year old comes to you and asks “Why does daddy hate me” — it kinda gets your attention.

We all have issues.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Look those are estimate numbers, extrapolation, not actual scientific studies.
every serious study concerning child abuse are very clear where the actual problem lays.

You can try and negate that, but all things point to home sweet home being ground zero for most child abuse.

is there abuse in school?
sure, but statistically it's home where the really nasty stuff happens.

Those studies are done in many countries and there is no exception in the conclusions that home is statistically the most dangerous place for a kid.

When you have absolutely no argument it's foreigners opinion are trolling...

Quite the sight you're showcasing online

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   
More information on how puberty blockers, testosterone and hormones adversely effect children who take them for allegedly being TRANS. Considering that the vast majority of children who think they are TRANS outgrow the notion, it's clear that prescribing these to children is the wrong way to go. It's enabling, it's not medical care.

Gender Transition Medications and Surgeries for Children in the USA

There are significant side effects and limited research on the long-term impacts and efficacy of various treatments used in a GACM of gender dysphoria in children. Patients and parents are advised that the use of puberty blockers in children may be associated with lower bone density, stunted growth, fertility issues, and underdevelopment of genital tissue (Mayo Clinic, 2022; St. Louis Children’s Hospital, n.d.; Brown & Stathatos, 2022). Moreover, a study conducted in England demonstrated similar negative side effects, such as lowered bone density and stunted growth, without showing a change in the psychological well-being of the children studied (Carmichael et al., 2021, p. 18; Brown & Stathatos, 2022). Cross-sex hormones prescribed to children also demonstrated a plethora of side effects, including blood clots in veins and permanent infertility (CDC, n.d.; NHS England, 2016, p. 8; Brown & Stathatos, 2022). Importantly, cross-sex hormones can result in the development of secondary sex characteristics such as the development of breasts in male-to-female patients and deepening of the voice in female-to-male patients that, though desired at the time, are irreversible (NHS England, 2020b; Brown & Stathatos, 2022). Moreover, the neurocognitive effects of pubertal suppression are unknown. International experts are in consensus about the need to assess long-term effects and have stated that: “Taken as a whole, the existing knowledge about puberty and the brain raises the possibility that suppressing sex hormone production during this period could alter neurodevelopment in complex ways—not all of which may be beneficial” (Chen et al. 2020).

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   

The America First Policies Institute (AFPI) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3)[4] think tank that was founded in 2021 to promote former U.S. President Donald Trump's public policy agenda.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee
And yet their information is correct and well documented.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I already posted a ton of very credible and well documented sources showing how public schools in the United States are very dangerous places for children - drugs, violence, bullies, gangs, weapons, intimidation, rape, molestation, assault - WIDESPREAD. But according to UNICEF, it isn't just the United States schools that are dangerous places for children, but schools around the world.

UNICEF - Protecting Children from Violence in School

But for too many girls and boys worldwide, school is where they experience violence. Bullying, harassment, verbal abuse, sexual abuse and exploitation, corporal punishment and other forms of humiliation can come at the hands of a peer, a teacher or even a school authority. Many children also experience school violence associated with gang culture, weapons and fighting.

Far from a haven for learning and community, school can be a place of bullying, sexual harassment, corporal punishment, verbal abuse and other forms of violence.

MORE AT THE LINK

I thought that should be noted since I only posted information relating to US Schools.
(although that IS the topic of this thread)

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   

a reply to: Annee
And yet their information is correct and well documented.

Is it?

I know it’s what you choose to believe.

Dud you research the two authors of the article or just take it (and interpret) it at face value?

HEIDI OVERTON, M.D Is a preventative health specialist. It matters in how you read what she says.

ALEXANDRA CARO CAMPANA is the director of the Center for 1776 at the America First Policy Institute and is a former DI athlete on the Pepperdine University Track and Cross Country Teams.

She is anti trans athletes.

Hardly an unbiased report.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join