It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000 School Districts Hide Kids Trans Identities From Parents

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

ATTENTION...please read before posting....

BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU MAY BE ABOUT TO BE POST BANNED! THERE IS NO MORE MUD PIT....MUD NOT ALLOWED.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here ON TOPIC and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: Annee

A conversation is a conversation, regardless of how you perceive it.

Actually, no

There is no real discussion of exchange of ideas/thoughts.

That's how you perceive it. There is a real discussion, the problem with people like you is if you don't agree with the others point, you start with the labeling. I have had plenty of discussions, debates etc and in the end I always get called homophobic, transphobic etc. Yet I have never said one nasty or negative thing other than have a opposing opinion. Its just like why you can never have a serious debate on race without being called racist if your white.

On your comment about families indoctrinating their kids, how is raising MY children with our families values and traditions indoctrinating my children? Sorry but that's just the way 99% of society works. What the schools and government are doing IS indoctrinating the children. There is no need to teach trans ideology in school. If a child is having a issue and speaks to their teacher, then the only thing the school should do is arrange a meeting the guidance counselor and parents to discuss the situation. But at the end of the day its the parents that decide the correct course of action to take. The school at most can only make recommendations.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NotMEMaybeU

There is no need to teach trans ideology in school. If a child is having a issue and speaks to their teacher, then the only thing the school should do is arrange a meeting the guidance counselor and parents to discuss the situation

that's right unless that course of action puts the kids in domestic distress.

Who are you to question the studies, that show this is indeed a topic that needs to be adressed?

if you question public school and their guidelines just take your kids out and find what suits your imagination...

You'll have montesori, steiner, Christian, schools but they'll all have their guidelines too. If you're back here complaining about theirs as well, there is always homeschooling...

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I’ve been here on ATS for 16 years.

And you haven't learned a damn thing.
I'm not impressed.

Stop ignoring this.

Again - PAGE TWO

History shows LGBTQ* kids need a safe haven — often from their own parents.

That’s a majority history — not a selected rare occurrence.

AGAIN - YOU said a majority of TRANS homes are unsafe. Unsafe means abusive or violent. Provide credible studies that show a majority of trans parents are violent or abusive. Otherwise this is just you voicing your OPINION again and not having any facts to back it up

They mostly dont have anything concrete to back any of their claims. From what I have been able to find, most of the claims are based of just 6 or 7 studies that have been done on gender ideology in young kids and if they maintained or grew out of it. Those studies only had a average of 100 participants. By the end of the study there was less than 100 due to losing contact with some of the kids. Each study showed different results. The researchers even say there's not enough data to come to a concrete conclusion .

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotMEMaybeU
What the schools and government are doing IS indoctrinating the children. There is no need to teach trans ideology in school. If a child is having a issue and speaks to their teacher, then the only thing the school should do is arrange a meeting the guidance counselor and parents to discuss the situation. But at the end of the day its the parents that decide the correct course of action to take. The school at most can only make recommendations.

^^ That.

And as I pointed out earlier, most allegedly 'TRANS' children OUTGROW the notion if left alone. What the schools are doing is enabling the false notions of 'TRANS' in most kids who really are not. They push it hard.

Gender Transition Medications and Surgeries for Children in the USA

Only 12–27% of children with gender dysphoria—a condition where one’s perceived gender identity differs from their biological sex—carry it into adulthood, yet many children in the U.S. are still eligible for irreversible therapies and surgeries

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

There is no need to teach trans ideology in school. If a child is having a issue and speaks to their teacher, then the only thing the school should do is arrange a meeting the guidance counselor and parents to discuss the situation

that's right unless that course of action puts the kids in domestic distress.

Who are you to question the studies, that show this is indeed a topic that needs to be adressed?

if you question public school and their guidelines just take your kids out and find what suits your imagination...

You'll have montesori, steiner, Christian, schools but they'll all have their guidelines too. If you're back here complaining about theirs as well, there is always homeschooling...

Which studies are you referring to? Please post a link. Who makes the decision the kid is "domestic distress"? The kid?

I remember when my son was younger he begged and begged for this R/C truck. I finally got it for him and not even a week later he broke it. Now, my son has never been spanked and hardly ever yelled at, but yet he was deathly afraid to tell me he broke it and hid it for a few weeks before I inquired about it. Was I upset, yeah, but # happens and I fixed it.

My point is, kids can claim to be afraid and say their parents will do this that and the third just because of fearing the unknown. So again, who determines there's a risk to the child?

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   

At least those are actual scientific studies, what has the trans critique brought forth, youtube videos and anecdotal accounts?

Stark misrepresentation of what those school policies do and what they imply... (how hard is a copy paste of one of those policies with a source to prove they imply what's been claimed here)
So I quoted one and inquired about the implications of it... The silence is deafening...

Arguing for domestic violence by saying parents will keep beating their kids so this is useless.

Parents can raise their kids how they see fit, but parents can not be a danger to their well-being.

It's ok to give state run institutions and their employees, who might spend more time with these kids than their parents, the right to protect them from such parents.

It's a very sad reality those parents even exist in the first place...

From what place can one argue against such a policy?

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotMEMaybeU
Who makes the decision the kid is "domestic distress"? The kid?

If the child has parents who do not accept the TRANS fad as legitimate, it's considered emotional or psychological abuse.
Which it isn't but that's what the schools and the left claim.

There are no studies showing that the majority of allegedly TRANS kids are at risk from their parents. Repeated requests for such studies has gone ignored.

One study was provided showing a slightly higher incidence of physical and sexual abuse for allegedly TRANS children. But it was nothing that would indicate cutting all parents out and that schools taking over raising the children would be appropriate. There was a psychological component to the study but the study didn't indicate exactly what was considered psychological abuse - so it could have been just about anything - which made that part questionable to say the least.
edit on 8/22/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   

No i won't, I trust the school system enough, to not implement policies and curriculum that isn't considered necessary based on an informed decision.
like much more informed than you and me.

at least the schools around here, not sure about the ones near you...

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

If the child has parents who do not accept the TRANS fad as legitimate, it's considered emotional or psychological abuse.
Which it isn't but that's what the schools and the left claim.

Bold claims no proof...
Just exchange gay with trans and you see where you're going to stand in the face of history with such statements...

From bold claims to lies... I have shown you a scientific study that shows over 70% of non cis adolescents were subject of psychological child abuse.

cutting all parents out and that schools taking over raising the children....
again extremely exaggerated language which amounts to nothing but victim mentality when nothing really changed. They were just made aware that transphobes is a thing and they can protect kids from it, if they see fit...

If this thread would be a showcase how the trans critiques would handle this issue with their kids...

edit on 22-8-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Mostly the teacher does decide if there is a need to adress anything and how to best do that might come from a school counselor specialized in cases that involve domestic violence.

there are other signs they will watch for much more closely than if they dress or pretend to be of the opposite sex.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I just saw on the news that one school, at least (maybe a future trend?) will require parental approval for specific pronouns to be used if a child requests it. So, if other schools want to cover their asses, then they should also seek parental approval then no more secrets and don't worry school staff are experts at noticing many different forms of abuse and know what questions to ask.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

But you would rather have kids kidnapped and have life changing surgeries instead of letting the parent no what’s bestb. Dr Mengele and you share a lot in common . Kind of sad to say but it’s the truth

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It's sad and pathetic that the focus is on pronouns and sexual identity in children in our public schools.

Reading, math, history are at all-time lows.

Yet no one is focusing on any of that.

Just sexsexsex.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Bold claims no proof...

Ya' hear it all the time on the TV News ...
It's emotional abuse for parents to deny a childs transgender claims.
That's what they say.

Ethics and Public Policy Center - Is It ‘Emotional Abuse’ for Parents to Deny a Child’s ‘Transgender’ Claims?

A recent Australian court decision sends a chilling message to parents who transgress the new gender orthodoxy: Refusing to validate a child’s “transgender” identity may be “emotional abuse” and put parents at risk of losing custody of their child. There’s a larger message here too: If parents are no longer free to acknowledge biological reality, speak the truth to their children, or refuse consent for ideologues to experiment on their children, then gender ideology has put freedom and truth on the chopping block — for everyone.

State agencies, government social workers, and judges, on the other hand, tend to be motivated by ideology. Already convinced that “trans” identities are healthy, and zealous about empowering adolescent self-determination, they wield the power of the state to side with “trans-identifying” children against their resistant parents. Gender clinicians provide “ethical” cover, arguing that “situations where a parent prevents a minor from receiving treatments related to gender dysphoria violate the Harm Principle and justify state intervention.”

Gender “experts” bully parents into submission or, as with TM, seek to remove the influence of “abusive” (non-compliant) parents.

The truth is that parents’ refusal to “believe” their child’s claim to “be” the opposite sex is only “abusive” within the paradigm of gender ideology, where identity is self-defined by feelings, regardless of the sexed body.

BMC Medicine - ... reporting parental psychological abuse
Scroll down to the part about parents not accepting the trans identity.

edit on 8/22/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

From bold claims to lies... I have shown you a scientific study that shows over 70% of non cis adolescents were subject of psychological child abuse.

Yeah, and I said that the psychological part was suspect because we don't know what they consider psychological abuse to be. If it's the parents not accepting the TRANS identity, then that's not abuse even though the kid says it is. So there was no lie.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

If parents don't cater to childish whims of their children then they can be accused of abuse?

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join