It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysia festival cancelled after singer attacks anti-LGBT law

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie
a reply to: AlienBorg

They are wrong in their beliefs, but of course we can't force their country to change. We can, however, say that their "morals" are wrong. But, it's not like it's a suprise for an islamic country to still reside in backwards thinking.

The problem is Islamic-majority countries. Religion supercedes modern ethics and morality and they often refuse to change.

It's their choice to be this way. But its wrong. And I don't think we should continue to just say "well, it's their idea of morality". We should be speaking out against islamic countries who rely on old religions for morals and laws.

Granted, it's not always just Islam. Look at Russia. Christianity has influence and creates a lot of anti-homosexual sentiment there as well.

Point being; we shouldn't just accept their "ways" if we know its morally wrong and against human rights.

I agree you can tell them they are wrong.
But they can tell you and the west how wrong you are about homosexuality.

Morally wrong according to who?
Human right?
You're missing the point of this thread.

LGBTQ ideas are not necessarily acceptable everywhere else because they are accepted here. Even here this group is associated with ideas that are hilarious and have no basis in reality. Should we look at the infinite number of genders or the trans agenda. Sane people dismiss them straight away. Imagine you try to push them there?!

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: AlienBorg

originally posted by: theatreboy
We are guests in other countries. Be respectful. If you knowingly do something like that, you have to know what you are doing....I could even support them being fined before being deported.

Or even arrested...

The band was invited by the country (government?) so they should have checked him out prior to the invite, IMO. He's done this before because he is an activist. Duh.

I doubt governments are in charge of arranging entertainment for a country; they have more important business to focus on.

There are 1000's of concerts in the US on any given day; I'm pretty sure the government hasn't spent any money or time vetting each band.

The US does not have a LGBTQ stick up their arse . . .

But plenty in our government do. . . . . .

Not really, most don't.

Well, sometimes they pitch. . . and sometimes they catch. . . . .

So, the same with your politics. Some things always stay the same.

I'd just like to point out that I have never waivered in my talking points.

I'm for individual rights and freedom.

Ironic that we disagree all the time.

Do you disagree with me that Malaysia governed by a monarchy and Islam are backward in regards to human rights?

This is the country most of you on this thread are defending.

www.hrw.org...

Not defending them, just pointing out that it's their country, their rules.

Or do you believe in a one-world government, totalitarian rule?

Then they should not invite activists into their country, plain and simple. Anyway, sodomy is against the law there, I can't find anything against men kissing each other in their laws, so any violation of a human's right based on a whim goes there, it appears.

*shrugs*

Take it up with them.

Maybe you can "speculate" on solutions.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Solutions for human rights in Malaysia, it's a given that they will remain as they are until the people rise up.

Hell, we can't get people to rise up in America over human rights violations.

The sex trafficking, the drugs pouring in, and our government and their leftist followers are supporting it.

People are rising up in America but in different ways, usually through the courts.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Well that is entirely up to the citizenry of whatever exampled law you choose to cite now, isn't it?? Should a 65 year old man's right to anally rape a minor in drag be impinged as a disgusting crime, or enshrined as a personal right and freedom?

See this kind of debate just goes in circles with one side citing extreme examples and countered with the same by another. I think if more Europeans had the right to defend themselves with lethal force and to own firearms their governments wouldn't keep #ting all over them with heavy handed speech violations codified in law.

But does that 65 year old have such at "right"?

Consider the fiat that "Your rights stop at the end of my nose".

The fact that Europeans gave up their "right" to own firearms is a decision made by those Europeans themselves. If it is a mistake, it is up to them to correct it.

And here you are, exercising your right to call them on it.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   

We are guests in other countries. Be respectful. If you knowingly do something like that, you have to know what you are doing....I could even support them being fined before being deported.

Or even arrested...

The band was invited by the country (government?) so they should have checked him out prior to the invite, IMO. He's done this before because he is an activist. Duh.

I doubt governments are in charge of arranging entertainment for a country; they have more important business to focus on.

There are 1000's of concerts in the US on any given day; I'm pretty sure the government hasn't spent any money or time vetting each band.

Not really, most don't.

Do you disagree with me that Malaysia governed by a monarchy and Islam are backward in regards to human rights?

www.hrw.org...

Then they should not invite activists into their country, plain and simple. Anyway, sodomy is against the law there, I can't find anything against men kissing each other in their laws, so any violation of a human's right based on a whim goes there, it appears.

*shrugs*

Take it up with them.

Solutions for human rights in Malaysia, it's a given that they will remain as they are until the people rise up.

The sex trafficking, the drugs pouring in, and our government and their leftist followers are supporting it.

People are rising up in America but in different ways, usually through the courts.

So people are rising up against government through government systems.

lol

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Or even arrested...

Not really, most don't.

www.hrw.org...

*shrugs*

Take it up with them.

So people are rising up against government through government systems.

lol

Always have been.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Except this is not about pushing far-left trans or gender identity ideas on Islamic countries. It's simply allowing people of differn't sexual orientations to live freely without persecution.

You don't have to believe in all the LGBTQ stuff to believe that people in every country should be allowed to have the freedom to be homosexual without facing jail time or getting beat up.
edit on 23-7-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Except this is not about pushing far-left trans or gender identity ideas on Islamic countries. It's simply allowing people of differn't sexual orientations to live freely without persecution.

You don't have to believe in all the LGBTQ stuff to believe that people in every country should be allowed to have the freedom to be homosexual without facing jail time or getting beat up.

You're making the mistake of projecting western values and ideas on other cultures that may not see sexual orientation the way westerners see it. I doubt sexual orientation means anything to them in many cases.

If homosexuality is considered an abomination, a sin, an illegal act, an act of sexual deviance, then it's very unlikely people will expect to have a right to be homosexual.

Malaysian authorities already made it clear the singer was disrespectful towards the country itself and its people.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 07:39 PM
link   

You're making the mistake of projecting western values and ideas on other cultures that may not see sexual orientation the way westerners see it. I doubt sexual orientation means anything to them in many cases.

If homosexuality is considered an abomination, a sin, an illegal act, an act of sexual deviance, then it's very unlikely people will expect to have a right to be homosexual.

Malaysian authorities already made it clear the singer was disrespectful towards the country itself and its people.

Not all it's people I am sure of that.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuffx2

Or even arrested...

The US does not have a LGBTQ stick up their arse, so why would they?

No they had a vaccine stick up their arse.

95% of these progressive hypocrites stopped all over my rights to the point of wanting me to loose my job and not leave my house.

The West is no better, just different.

Ef them and their so called “rights”. That train left the station a few months back.

Hang on a moment!
Either take the vaccine or get fired and loose your house. You be got no rights when the radical left has spoken their truths.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Not all it's people I am sure of that.

Are you speaking on behalf of Malaysia?
You may wish to have a debate with them and ask them why can you not be inclusive?

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Or even arrested...

I bet they don't make that mistake again.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuffx2

Or even arrested...

The US does not have a LGBTQ stick up their arse, so why would they?

No they had a vaccine stick up their arse.

95% of these progressive hypocrites stopped all over my rights to the point of wanting me to loose my job and not leave my house.

The West is no better, just different.

Ef them and their so called “rights”. That train left the station a few months back.

Hang on a moment!
Either take the vaccine or get fired and loose your house. You be got no rights when the radical left has spoken their truths.

Here’s some more hypocrisy.

www.bbc.com...

The persecution of Christians in parts of the world is at near "genocide" levels, according to a report ordered by Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt.

Mr Hunt said he felt that "political correctness" had played a part in the issue not being confronted.

The interim report said the main impact of "genocidal acts against Christians is exodus" and that Christianity faced being "wiped out" from parts of the Middle East.

Where’s the outrage?

If anyone thinks that the scale is balanced between these two topics show me the numbers.

edit on 23-7-2023 by NorthOfStuffx2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Matt Healy is an advocate for LGBTQ, so what did the government expect? Anyway they have cancelled gigs in other countries with the same anti-LGBTQ sentiments/laws.

He did it for the kids/fans.

Here's his parting comments:

He told the crowd: “I made a mistake. When we were booking shows, I wasn’t looking into it. I don’t see the f****** point… of inviting The 1975 to a country and then telling us who we can have sex with.

“I’m sorry if that offends you and you’re religious… but your government are a bunch of f****** r******.

“I don’t care anymore. If you push, I’m gonna push back. I’m not in the f****** mood.”

He added about why the band had decided to turn up at the festival despite his anger, before kissing Ross: “I’m sure a lot of you are gay and progressive and cool. I pulled this show yesterday, and we had a conversation.

“We said, ‘You know what? We can’t let the kids down because they’re not the government.’

“If you want to invite me here to do a show, you can f*** off. I’ll take your money, you can ban me, but I’ve done this before, and it doesn’t feel good.”

uk.style.yahoo.com... =AQAAAKJ0A5yKIm-n7df_EDkoLS-PRTqi_xh3vPf5AVnV17khRsLjdOmGXdFxFm2OlzcvLKKH6ZvO3JjAaww6S0vqK1iDcPNNxaZdvB_w1KlDXspUCyF2Qk5rTAr5J8GslUI7XKYplTDiMxdv0wy95 O3BDyfl3SopBbgHX9-6bn1MPTd9

He is an idiot with a big mouth.

posted on Jul, 23 2023 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Like I always told my kids, 'my roof, my rules'. Same concept.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Agree.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Agree.

Rules not followed under our roof does not result in the death of the transgressor where in these types of countries with backward laws it can result in death. What exactly are you agreeing to? Under another country's laws it's okay to administer a death penalty for being gay?

In 2019, the Saudi Arabian government orchestrated a mass-execution of 37 men who were accused of espionage or terrorism, five of whom were also convicted of same-sex intercourse after one was tortured into confessing.

www.fairplanet.org...

Also if you read the article above half of the countries listed don't prosecute gay women only men, so IMO their anti-LGBTQ laws appear to be implemented by whim and feelz.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Or even arrested...

I bet they don't make that mistake again.

Malaysia are more than happen though to trade with and enter joint partnerships with countries that don't have anti-LGBT Laws.

Money talks.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 04:09 AM
link   

They are wrong in their beliefs, but of course we can't force their country to change. We can, however, say that their "morals" are wrong. But, it's not like it's a suprise for an islamic country to still reside in backwards thinking.

The problem is Islamic-majority countries. Religion supercedes modern ethics and morality and they often refuse to change.

It's their choice to be this way. But its wrong. And I don't think we should continue to just say "well, it's their idea of morality". We should be speaking out against islamic countries who rely on old religions for morals and laws.

Granted, it's not always just Islam. Look at Russia. Christianity has influence and creates a lot of anti-homosexual sentiment there as well.

Point being; we shouldn't just accept their "ways" if we know its morally wrong and against human rights.

I agree you can tell them they are wrong.
But they can tell you and the west how wrong you are about homosexuality.

Morally wrong according to who?
Human right?
You're missing the point of this thread.

LGBTQ ideas are not necessarily acceptable everywhere else because they are accepted here. Even here this group is associated with ideas that are hilarious and have no basis in reality. Should we look at the infinite number of genders or the trans agenda. Sane people dismiss them straight away. Imagine you try to push them there?!

good for malaysia.

dum azz band tried it in a small town .

they are lucky they just got banned.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Malaysia will hopefully tighten its laws before it becomes a dirty country that grooms its children like dirty little UK.
edit on 24-7-2023 by Cwantas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This reminds me of those crackpots who complain about illegal immigrants who would never mind them if they just tryed to enter America "legally"🙄

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join