It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysia festival cancelled after singer attacks anti-LGBT law

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Thread went exactly as I suspected.

Just admit that you want these laws everywhere.

You're talking about me? I made the thread.

Some people do want these laws and find homosexuality unethical. In Malaysia it's an unethical act and is punishable by the law.

What did you suspect?

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Sounds like a one-world government, isn't that "your" jam?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA-using hip kid lingo-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We're probably close to the same age, and no. Why would you think that I would want a one-world government?

(post by LordAhriman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Sounds like a one-world government, isn't that "your" jam?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA-using hip kid lingo-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We're probably close to the same age, and no. Why would you think that I would want a one-world government?

You embrace the leftist ideology.

*shrugs*

I figured it was a natural.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

If, for example, a government declares that a belief in God is illegal, should those who cherish their faith renounce that faith, and thus "respect" the law?

"Respect"..no, obey..totally up to you to decide if the consequences are worth it.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   

*shrugs*

And you embrace pre civil rights act segregation. It's just gay people now instead of blacks. If ATS existed back then, this thread would be exactly the same except about a black guy kissing a white girl. "Conserve", the root of "conservative", the people who opposed the abolishing of slavery, black people voting, women voting, black people using the same water fountains as us, gay marriage, etc...

That's what you embrace. "Progress" means to change for the better, you want to "conserve" the bulls#it from the past.
edit on 24-7-2023 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   

*shrugs*

And you embrace pre civil rights act segregation. It's just gay people now instead of blacks. If ATS existed back then, this thread would be exactly the same except about a black guy kissing a white girl. "Conserve", the root of "conservative", the people who opposed the abolishing of slavery, black people voting, women voting, black people using the same water fountains as us, gay marriage, etc...

That's what you embrace. "Progress" means to change for the better, you want to "conserve" the bulls#it from the past.

If we're making stuff up, then you embrace poo and the really stinky kind, from Taco Bell toilets.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg
You're talking about me? I made the thread.

Some people do want these laws and find homosexuality unethical. In Malaysia it's an unethical act and is punishable by the law.

What did you suspect?

Yep. You and many others. I don't care how unethical you find homosexuality, the world is going on without you. It's who they are. They can't change it. They can't pray the gay away.

You people are sick.

The devils perversion of Gods intent.

Not the fault of the individual.

The net some of 2 gay people is zero procreation by physical means. It will end without outside interference. It is the rounding error of an equation and no matter how legitimate you think someone’s lived experience is, makes zero difference to the larger scheme of things.

You either believe in God or you don’t. If you don’t, you will never have to worry about wisdom being something you need to achieve.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
The net some of 2 gay people is zero procreation by physical means. It will end without outside interference. It is the rounding error of an equation and no matter how legitimate you think someone’s lived experience is, makes zero difference to the larger scheme of things.

You either believe in God or you don’t. If you don’t, you will never have to worry about wisdom being something you need to achieve.

God isn't real. Try again. That's pretty bold lol. I'll match wits with you on ANY subject that you choose.
edit on 24-7-2023 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 07:20 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   

If we're making stuff up, then you embrace poo and the really stinky kind, from Taco Bell toilets.

You were one of my favorites here back when I joined. It humors me.....

Nah, just got serious.

The biggest mistake anyone ever made was not taking the Marxists seriously.

Now we're seeing the results.
edit on Tue Jul 25 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: Trimmed quote

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   

So you're of the, "just comply" crowd. Good to know, but not surprised.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Actually I am.

I'm old.

I'm not a fighter anymore.

Just an old fart, keyboard warrior.

Hoping to keep my meds.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Actually I am.

I'm old.

Hoping to keep my meds.

So, no matter what happens, comply. Because it's a law in this country.

posted on Jul, 24 2023 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Actually I am.

I'm old.

Hoping to keep my meds.

So, no matter what happens, comply. Because it's a law in this country.

No.

I will comply because I don't want my wife to be denied meds and die, and the leftists would punish us for not complying.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It all smells like publicity stunt to me.
Nobody goes to a concert to see the band kissing each other.
If you do you're at the wrong type of show.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Its funny how thats the law in Malaysia and yet, the government is trying to culture wash the country vby inviting people such as this to play.

Its way funnier when it bites them

Kind of like how I hope the saudis buying all these retiring football players get to accidentally buty a gay one who decids to come out once the cheque has cashed.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Its funny how thats the law in Malaysia and yet, the government is trying to culture wash the country vby inviting people such as this to play.

Its way funnier when it bites them

Kind of like how I hope the saudis buying all these retiring football players get to accidentally buty a gay one who decids to come out once the cheque has cashed.

You don't know whether the government of Malaysia or let's say officials invited the band. But regardless, they invited a band, and not activists.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

Its probably safe to say that you arent some high falutin government official, right? yet if say you had to invite a band for a local church group I bet you wouldn't accidentally invite one that opposes everything your church group stands for right?
You, I =expect would at least look into what the band is about first...These people think their money trumps everything, thats why its nice when it bites them.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: AlienBorg

Its probably safe to say that you arent some high falutin government official, right? yet if say you had to invite a band for a local church group I bet you wouldn't accidentally invite one that opposes everything your church group stands for right?
You, I =expect would at least look into what the band is about first...These people think their money trumps everything, thats why its nice when it bites them.

But I don't think the government is necessarily vetting everyone and every group coming into the country. I ve been to Malaysia and this isn't the same as going to Iran or other countries. They're quite progressive (in comparison) as a predominantly muslim country and its people are very friendly.

For example in Malaysia adultery isn't punishable by law. There is no death penalty for homosexuality and even though the maximum sentence is 20 years the punishments are often light. For many years now the country has effectively abolished the death penalty for all crimes (even the most violent ones). I think they have recently voted to abolish the death penalty.

It's not the government's job (always) to check bands and individuals to see if they have the 'right' ideas. The singer knew where he was going and it was his fault or maybe he wanted to provoke a reaction. Lucky he wasn't detained and charged.
edit on 25-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join