It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

There is nothing wrong with this reimagining at all, hopefully, it means more kids and entertained and learn the story.

I'm not sure that will be the case. It seems kids do not identify as adults do and they will be like...Mom why is Snow White, not Snow White...lol Or if they have already identified with Snow White they will say, that is not Snow White!

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It's called the original story and characters described. If they don't like it, maybe (here's an idea they haven't thought of) MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN STORIES AND CHARACTERS?? Seems like this would cure all these woke ills. I'm just waiting on the Malcom X remake staring Nick Cage.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think the more important question is…..
Why does it bother you…?

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Here's hoping this gives some children of all ethnicity some entertainment from these movies. Aside from hearing how racist the world is, from thier environment

But but... What about the poor White girls that go to the show and see a brown Snow White...

Besides what does it hurt, and who does this hurt?

Disney... The Little Mermaid will not break even in the end...

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: marceldp1
So she be called snow brown from now ? a reply to: AlienBorg

Be thankful they didn't go with an Asian actress.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

If that was for me it's because everything "new" coming out is just a remake or rehash. Hardly anything original at all. They easy way to make a buck now seems "ohhh let's change colors, gender, etc". No one wants to see the same thing over and over.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Was he gay? Romans had a very different sexual culture than what we would see as a norm.

By today's standards, he'd be considered a bi-sexual. By 1950's standards, he would have been considered a sexual deviant.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So you think they're dusting off and polishing up Snow White because they want to lose money? Or maybe it's because people keep having kids, and re-doing Snow White to cater to brown family's is a guaranteed market.

They'll be brown Snow White, whose HEART is pure as the driven snow, probably, t-shirts, dresses, underpants, lunch boxes and sippy cups, dolls, costumes, you name it, they'll be selling it.....People will eat it up!

It's a no brainer!

Their record hasn't been very good in this area...

The Walt Disney Company has lost nearly $900 million on recent movies, according to a recent analysis.

Changing up long-loved characters' ethnicity or gender has not done very well for them. I have a thought, why not make NEW unique characters and stories, or am I being way over board here thinking along those lines?

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

The 'woke' aganda is part of agenda21/agenda30. Pushed by funding MSM , 'colleges', the military etc.
They want to erase the past, erase what binds us and sets us appart as unique (marriage, religion, male and female and stereotypical roles that makes sense , different races, different cultures etc) .

They want a monagemous blended in same looking species with no identifiable genders and no individuality.
In other words, they want a hive with a hive mind.
That's why they are pushing neurolink as well.

That's why they claim 'you will own nothing and be happy'. You will be 'happy' as your mind is altered by some BS implant.
Easy to control and divert whichever direction they would want us (their wet dream).

Utter dystopian nightmare if people sign up to neurolink

Which will off course also be tied to digital ID and social credit scores.
Imagine a negative social credit score to far down what the neuro implant would do?
I can imagine as well there would be digital borders. Stray too far and KABOOM.
edit on 18-7-2023 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
Strange how there's never been the same outrage whenever Jesus Christ has been portrayed in a film by a white European ....
Snow white was always white though. In fact Disney himself was white.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: boredhere74

It's called the original story and characters described. If they don't like it, maybe (here's an idea they haven't thought of) MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN STORIES AND CHARACTERS?? Seems like this would cure all these woke ills. I'm just waiting on the Malcom X remake staring Nick Cage.

I agree a lot with this idea.
You don't like the story. No problem.
Try not to erase history and create your own stories with your own characters.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   

a reply to: AlienBorg

Maybe we can make Pythagoras and Great Alexander look a little different or very different so we can appeal to the...woke

Different than what? Make Alexander the Great NOT gay? Or maybe make Pythagoras autistic?

Who said they were gay?
And again, whataboutism...

So, should we present Pythagoras and Alexander the Great as being non-white?
edit on 18-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   
So what.

Shocking that theirs progression in the telling of Fairy Tales

Shocking that the females in Fairy Tales have become progressive as they in real society today.

Shocking that they don’t just stand around looking pretty waiting for a prince to show up.

And shocking that they now come in different skin tones.

Some of you really need to get UNSTUCK.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry

Woke = anything socially left of having sex with a confederate flag, with a gun in each hand.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
So what.

Shocking that theirs progression in the telling of Fairy Tales

Shocking that the females in Fairy Tales have become progressive as they in real society today.

Shocking that they don’t just stand around looking pretty waiting for a prince to show up.

And shocking that they now come in different skin tones.

Some of you really need to get UNSTUCK.

Changing history, erasing history, and presenting matters to satisfy the demands and expectations of the woke is truly shocking.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

By today's standards, he'd be considered a bi-sexual. By 1950's standards, he would have been considered a sexual deviant.

And they all would be considered pedophiles too, so what is your point? You said he was gay and I said don't be so sure, plus not sure where behaviors fit in with changing up character ethnicities. I'm sure you are not in favor of White Washing movie roles either or is that a point you don't care when a White Person assumes another ethnicity from the original story?

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Disney... The Little Mermaid will not break even in the end...

It cost $250 million to make,. www.thefilmik.com...

It brought in %500 million at the box office alone. That doesn't include streaming and merchandising licensing.
screenrant.com...

edit on 18-7-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   

It brought in %500 million at the box office alone. That doesn't include streaming and merchandising licensing.
screenrant.com...

Your point? It will not break even... The make of a movie is like 1/3 the cost... BTW...

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

originally posted by: boredhere74

I agree a lot with this idea.
You don't like the story. No problem.
Try not to erase history and create your own stories with your own characters.

Don’t erase Fairy Tale history.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
I think the more important question is…..
Why does it bother you…?

Changing and erasing history is something truly concerning. I am sure it bothers people who are rational.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join