It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: AlienBorg

I seem to remember the non-white version of the Wizard of Oz. It was really awful.

Why do they need writers, all they do is remakes?

It's just stupid when nice plays, myths, stories, and history, are re-written in the name of 'political correctness'

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Stopstealingmycountry

Woke = 21 Century progressives.

link   
Was it Cleopatra and Hercules that were portrayed as black sometime ago.

That was a portrayal of Cleopatra on a recent program. If there was some dispute as to Cleopatra's pigmentation I wouldn't see any problem with the portrayal of her being black in the film. However all the historical data points to Cleopatra being a caucasion Greek woman with light skin.

The fact that Hollywood believes that a percentage of people of color will only support their projects if they change the character or figure to non white, is interesting. Are non white people offended by this blatant pandering?

edit on 18-7-2023 by KaiserSouszay because: (no reason given)

link   

Dude it is not me refusing to describe a term that I am using constantly, it is you. So either you just parade that term around and you do know what it means or you have no idea what that term means. If you can't give the definition then why do you keep using it?

edit on 18-7-2023 by Stopstealingmycountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Woke = 21 Century progressives.

Thank CA.
See borg it's not that hard.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

its a religion so they're happy to take the hit..

And that religion is MONEY and FORMULA.

How can they take an old proven money maker, shake it up and make it produce more money for them? Easy, switch it up with a new modern edge.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Correct, it is just exactly that simple. So why are you demanding a definition?

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry

Dude it is not me refusing to describe a term that I am using constantly, it is you. So either you just parade that term around and you do know what it means or you have no idea what that term means. If you can't give the definition then why do you keep using it?

Do I have to explain a well known term to whoever comes here and asks me?? I have no obligation...

Now tell me, why do we have to change plays and history in the name of political correctness? Just to satisfy the requirements and demands of the woke crowd?
edit on 18-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
Strange how there's never been the same outrage whenever Jesus Christ has been portrayed in a film by a white European

So show me an actual picture of Jesus. I have seen him in pictures from light skin to black with an afro. In this case, we have a situation of canx culture of Whiteness. It seems they are lacking the creativity to make new caricatures. I guess the next Black Panther should be a White trans male to cover all the bases.

edit on 18-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Is "White" not her second name.

What does it matter what colour she is?

Yes, and no...

Here is from the book

The Queen said... "If only I had a child as white as snow, as red as blood, and as black as the wood in this frame."

Another point...

"One day when the queen asked her mirror:

Mirror, mirror, on the wall,
Who in this land is fairest of all?
It answered:

You, my queen, are fair; it is true.
But Snow-White is a thousand times fairer than you."

So you tell me...

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: KaiserSouszay

That was a portrayal of Cleopatra on a recent program. If there was some dispute as to Cleopatra's pigmentation I wouldn't see any problem with the portrayal of her being black in the film. However all the historical data points to Cleopatra being a caucasion Greek woman with light skin.

The fact that Hollywood believes that a percentage of people of color will only support their projects if they change the character or figure to non white, is interesting. Are non white people offended by this blatant pandering?

You're making a very good point.
These attempts expose Hollywood and Disney as blatant hypocrites who in reality don't give a damn about equality-inclusiveness or whatever else they're trying to promote for the sake of their profits.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Because I know that borg has no idea what it means. And that user has proven that. They heard it used by many politicians on the boobtube and just adapted to mean anything they disagree with. Like many of the politicians do.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Perhaps they're bothered because the woke ideology and woke ideals have been exposed.
Hehehe

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry

Because I know that borg has no idea what it means. And that user has proven that. They heard it used by many politicians on the boobtube and just adapted to mean anything they disagree with. Like many of the politicians do.

Because I know that borg has no idea what it means. And that user has proven that.

Did they say it on the news? I heard CNN and NBC are very reliable and are saying the truth.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Nice deflection bud.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   

When they remake "Roots" and have Brat Pitt star as Kunta Kinte, then I won't have any issues with this.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Im pretty sure that right there is a ToS violation.

I dont' often give into other people's silly demands on social media either.

Sounds to me like calling you 'woke' gets under your skin? Why?

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Actually I think it's a case of both indoctrination and conditioning. The leftist Hollywood outlets are one with the MSM in featuring the US as a multi-racial country. The real message is "white" is a minority, get used to it. It's all about condtioning whites and particularly white children to the idea that they are members of a minority race in the US. As such they'd best get used to the idea that their place is at the back of the bus; the back of the class room, and no where near the boardroom.

The message really couldn't be more clear than it is. And in a very real sense, they are correct.

It was announced just last week that Texas is now majority Hispanic and the white/Anglo population is now a minority. I live in Texas and frankly don't care. At my age it's no longer relevant. But I made sure my kids got the message that as whites they have no future in the US or Texas for that matter. My daughter heeded the advice and lives in Switzerland.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Again i don't really see a problem with the colour of her skin.

It is interesting you say that. Have you seen the videos of little Black girls being upset when their favorite toon all of a sudden has changed?

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

They may as well look for discussion and controversy. Bud Light did too but it came at a price with a massive sale drop. I am sure they can both survive if they only depend on their woke customers.

The big question like with Bud Lite how many people are actually happy about the change? Many little girls of color are not happy to see their favorite toons change even if closer to their skin color. It isn't about the color of the skin as much as the change in what they see as familiar and what they identified in the past with and Hollywood just doesn't understand that.

We also need to look deeper at the true intent as Hollywood is working on canceling anything White in some deranged Woke agenda. The funny part is these people doing this happen to be mostly White too and I think they have bought hook, line, and sinker into the whole White is evil narrative. If not, then why don't they make 4 different Snow Whites so people can choose which one they want?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join