It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

For now... mickey mouse and snow white might not even be property of Disney in a few years. At least the original versions of themselves that is.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

originally posted by: AlienBorg

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
Strange how there's never been the same outrage whenever Jesus Christ has been portrayed in a film by a white European ....

Do you know the meaning of the word whataboutism?

also doesn't make sense as the bible is phrased so that every culture can portray Jesus like themselves, all we can deduce is he was not good looking..

Haha
You think he wasn't good looking?! That's a great observation!

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

My question is who are the Hollywood creators behind this? Who owns Disney Studios? Who is the producer, who is the director, who are the screenwriters? You mean to say that a group of self-hating Caucasians are committing ethnocide by rewriting their own myths, legends and history so as to be inclusive?

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: KaiserSouszay

Strange how there's never been the same outrage whenever Jesus Christ has been portrayed in a film by a white European ....

Snow White has been portrayed as a white skinned character for about 200 years. Why change it now?

It can be argued that it would make people of other skin tones feel more included in the culture. Perhaps make them feel empowered. Should we strive to make people feel that way by changing historical literature and pop culture?

Should a non white person be offended that the characters are white?

Or should they be offended that Hollywood is pandering to them, by blatantly changing historical figures to help them identify skin color as a selling point?

As white person, I'm not offended by it or "outraged" at all. I don't really give a damn about anyone's skin color.

I do find it mildly worrisome that they are rewriting a historical fictional character because someone is offended by whiteness. That people of color could only truly support them if the character looks like them in terms of pigmentation.

This is another "micro aggression" on whiteness, and in the grand scheme of the state of the world, it's a mouse fart.

However it is more evidence that TPTB continue to push identitarism as much as character.

Personally I applaud the effort to put more people of color in high profile films and such. To take the main characters of a 200 year old story and change them just seems like pandering.

Why could Snow White and the dwarves remained white?

Because the narrative from MSM, and Hollywood is white is wrong, they are stirring hatred and division. And it's working.

They continue to make skin color an identity, a talking point, brainwashing the masses and the youth to think it is important.

I truly wonder where all this importance placed on skin color everywhere the last 10 years or so puts our society in the future. We are going backwards.

Snow White has been portrayed as a white skinned character for about 200 years. Why change it now?

Because of the woke

Was it Cleopatra and Hercules that were portrayed as black sometime ago.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: HilterDayon

My question is who are the Hollywood creators behind this? Who owns Disney Studios? Who is the producer, who is the director, who are the screenwriters? You mean to say that a group of self-hating Caucasians are committing ethnocide by rewriting their own myths, legends and history so as to be inclusive?

It's a good question and the answer is I don't know. But I am very suspicious of the people who decide to re-write stories and history. We can take a few guesses.
edit on 18-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: HilterDayon

The people who made the original snow white had direct cultural, and genetic ties to that sort of European literature.
Just as the original Hollywood pioneers would focus on the hardships of coming to America fleeing from oppression and living the American dream, jews being pogromed.

Today's world or Hollywood and animation doesn't have that, it's a new culture and society retelling stories and making new ones.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I don't know. Doesn't have quite the same appeal.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The word 'inclusivity' is another of these key buzz words used as part of the woke ideology. Commonly used when race and gender are discussed.

You don't need to change history to be inclusive or to change the principles of biology and science to be fair and inclusive.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Great. Rednecks aren't even over the black mermaid yet, and now this!

The irony of you calling out bigotry by labeling all "rednecks" racist, in itself is not only bigotry it's incorrect. Not all rednecks are racist bigots. I've seen it plenty of times in my travels in the Southeast, with my own eyes and in my own family. In areas that used to be quite bigoted.

Anecdotally of course.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Man creates god in his image. Menkind mostly follows god and not God.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Great. Rednecks aren't even over the black mermaid yet, and now this!

The irony of you calling out bigotry by labeling all "rednecks" racist, in itself is not only bigotry it's incorrect. Not all rednecks are racist bigots. I've seen it plenty of times in my travels in the Southeast, with my own eyes and in my own family. In areas that used to be quite bigoted.

Anecdotally of course.

Agree. How every redneck has become a racist bigot is something only LordAhriman can explain. It's the same when all sane people who oppose transwomen competing in female sports are called trabsphobes and bigots. Meaningless terms used by the woke ideologues.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

originally posted by: HilterDayon

It's a good question and the answer is I don't know. But I am very suspicious of the people who decide to re-write stories and history. We can take a few guesses.

Just some info, the rest at IMDB link below:

Produced by
Russell Allen...co-producer
Callum McDougall...executive producer
Marc Platt...producer

Directed by
Marc Webb

Writing Credits (in alphabetical order)
Dorothy Ann Blank...(1937 film adaptation)
Richard Creedon...(1937 film adaptation)
Merrill De Maris...(1937 film adaptation)
Otto Englander...(1937 film adaptation)
Greta Gerwig...(script)
Jacob Grimm...(an original work by)
Jacob Grimm...(created by)
Wilhelm Grimm...(an original work by)
Wilhelm Grimm...(created by)
Earl Hurd...(1937 film adaptation)
Dick Rickard...(1937 film adaptation)
Ted Sears...(1937 film adaptation)
Erin Cressida Wilson...(remake)
Erin Cressida Wilson...(script)

Full Cast and Crew... www.imdb.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I have no issues with them modernising the films of yesteryear, it’s their money to throw away. I don’t care if they make or lose money, are great or awful. What does seem a little concerning is the utter hypocrisy as they only seem to be excluding a certain dynamic from the films

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Describe "woke" for me?

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This skit is not as funny any more that all stories and eventually news must be tailored to the individual group and not just good stories and news reporting.

link   

originally posted by: Tortuga
I have no issues with them modernising the films of yesteryear, it’s their money to throw away. I don’t care if they make or lose money, are great or awful. What does seem a little concerning is the utter hypocrisy as they only seem to be excluding a certain dynamic from the films

Can you be specific?

link   

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry

Describe "woke" for me?

No need for this

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:39 AM
link   

You keep using the word in almost every post you make, so I ask that you describe its definition.
Can you do that?

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I seem to remember the non-white version of the Wizard of Oz. It was really awful.

Why do they need writers, all they do is remakes?

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry

You keep using the word in almost every post you make, so I ask that you describe its definition.
Can you do that?

And why do you care?
Does it bother you?
Maybe you're woke?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join