It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: marceldp1
So she be called snow brown from now ? a reply to: AlienBorg

Hehehe

Probably! Snow brown and the seven non-binary creatures.

Is not politically correct to say dwarfs anymore or to depict a white princess with the dwarfs. Midgets isn't good either.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

I imagine that's exactly what they have went for.

After all "there is no such thing as bad publicity".

Out with a bit of a wooden spoon really, but as you can see, it's having the desired effect, hence the discussion and controversy that has arisen over the mere colour of a fictional character in a book.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

Here, try this for your Sky News Australia Article

Thanks Encia!

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22
a reply to: andy06shake

Yes, I accept poetic licence and have no problem with different races, but considering the protagonist and the dwarfs have been changed, I think the whole premise of the original tale goes to pot. Do it, by all means, but call it something else.

Maybe I'm just a stickler for keeping to tradition.

Disney can't do that; they have to much infrastructure wrapped up in dated movie content. They have no choice but to continue to regurgitate old stories to align with their infrastructure.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Oh no, i recognize the point just fine, i just dont care that much about the colour of ""fictional characters"".

It's not my buttons that are being pushed F2d5thCavv2.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
Strange how there's never been the same outrage whenever Jesus Christ has been portrayed in a film by a white European ....

Snow White has been portrayed as a white skinned character for about 200 years. Why change it now?

It can be argued that it would make people of other skin tones feel more included in the culture. Perhaps make them feel empowered. Should we strive to make people feel that way by changing historical literature and pop culture?

Should a non white person be offended that the characters are white?

Or should they be offended that Hollywood is pandering to them, by blatantly changing historical figures to help them identify skin color as a selling point?

As white person, I'm not offended by it or "outraged" at all. I don't really give a damn about anyone's skin color.

I do find it mildly worrisome that they are rewriting a historical fictional character because someone is offended by whiteness. That people of color could only truly support them if the character looks like them in terms of pigmentation.

This is another "micro aggression" on whiteness, and in the grand scheme of the state of the world, it's a mouse fart.

However it is more evidence that TPTB continue to push identitarism as much as character.

Personally I applaud the effort to put more people of color in high profile films and such. To take the main characters of a 200 year old story and change them just seems like pandering.

Why could Snow White and the dwarves remained white?

Because the narrative from MSM, and Hollywood is white is wrong, they are stirring hatred and division. And it's working.

They continue to make skin color an identity, a talking point, brainwashing the masses and the youth to think it is important.

I truly wonder where all this importance placed on skin color everywhere the last 10 years or so puts our society in the future. We are going backwards.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Out with a bit of a wooden spoon really, but as you can see, it's having the desired effect, hence the discussion and controversy that has arisen over the mere colour of a fictional character in a book.

They may as well look for discussion and controversy. Bud Light did too but it came at a price with a massive sale drop. I am sure they can both survive if they only depend on their woke customers.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Oh no, i recognize the point just fine, i just dont care that much about the colour of ""fictional characters"".

No buttons are pushed.
This is another round of exposure of the woke ideology. You can find articles every day that expose this bizarre culture.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I'm ignoring all post rather than the title of the thread.

Oh, Golly, Gee whiz! I guess they seized up the world's population on a color chart and found that we whites are sorta in the minority, maybe on the bottom. Just wait until the UFO folk land and display their talents.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Andy,

No buttons pushed, just pointing out what is going on.

Sure, the characters can be changed.

But what is happening here (again) is not the work an inspired artist employing poetic license to create a changed version of the classic.

It is the work of ideological clods in Hollywood and it is they who are the ones fixated on the skin color of the characters, else they would not feel the need to remake the classic.

Were these people in the least bit talented, they would seek to create new classics with characters of their own devising. But they are not talented, and so we have productions like this pushed at us.

Art is art. This is not art, it is a political exercise.

Cheers
edit on 18-7-2023 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

originally posted by: AlienBorg

Disney and Hollywood seem to follow the paths of Bud Light, Ben & Jerry's, and others, but if you decide to go woke then you know what can happen. Maybe you go broke?

its a religion so they're happy to take the hit..

for how long the investors keep investing will be an interesting one to watch as will where that investment goes.

They went woke...
They may as well go broke...

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Strange how there's never been the same outrage whenever Jesus Christ has been portrayed in a film by a white European ....

Do you know the meaning of the word whataboutism?

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:32 AM
link   

They may as well look for discussion and controversy. Bud Light did too but it came at a price with a massive sale drop. I am sure they can both survive if they only depend on their woke customers.

the thing with by using specific groups of people to create controversy and cause offense is it displays a deeply heartless streak, we saw that with how quickly they dumped Dylan.. we see the same with cleopatra offending Egyptians and indeed with Anne Boleyn.. for all the claims of compassion and virtue Anne was not just a deeply hated figure but also a figure seen as engaging in an incestuous relationship with her brother.. probably the last figure to use to stir controversy..

its gutting to see particular groups of people used in these ways to cause offence as we know they'll throw them under a bus when it suits them..

such a remake should be a classic yet I suspect this'll become a fringe cult movie like some of the weird fringe 70s films.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Do you know the meaning of the word whataboutism?

also doesn't make sense as the bible is phrased so that every culture can portray Jesus like themselves, all we can deduce is he was not good looking..

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Would an 'all white' rendition of Snow White get distributed?

Folks like to watch performers who are like themselves.

Maybe whites don't do the cinema anymore.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:38 AM
link   
"Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood"

Because we witness a time where War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength!

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:41 AM
link   

When white people cant have Nordic braids because it cultural appropriation from Africans, seems a bit absurd to accept culturally appropriating Danish, the little mermaid, Egypt’s cleopatra and Germaine’s snow white when banging on about Hawaiian shirts and dream catchers
It’s a form of racism that is being encouraged by business.
Funny thing, it’s the US perverting European history to make money

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   
You still have the option of the original 1937 cartoon classic to view in your sequstered households.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

i always thought each new generation get a set of Disney classics as I am sure they will well into the future..

bit like some of the other traditional gifts kids get (for England that appers to be sets of peter rabbit/ mister men, famous 5 books) along with wooden railways..

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Snow White is a made up character but you cry about what color she is?

Wow, that is snowflakery is at its finest.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join