It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

How is bringing up the fact that Walt Disney drastically changed the source material in order to make it family friendly so he could make money off of it going off-topic?

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The 1989 Little Mermaid is still available.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Subtle story changes to push an agenda, in this case felt identity. Skip to 15:10, or watch the whole video as Despot of Antrim makes intelligent content.

Recommend watching his Indiana Jones video - another character they've destroyed and tried hard to replace with a young, charming, witty, good looking (haha!), highly intelligent, physically strong, perfect, flawless female (as she says so herself in the actual film 🤦‍♀️). Thankfully that's bombing at the box office.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I'll check out the interview (can't stand Pierce but the Dwarf actor sounds like he knows his stuff)...I think the gaffe may be misinterpreting a completely seperate complaint from Dwarf actors that they were getting typecast as evil and excluded from a lot of roles in original works - being all different heights, races and sexes is a confusing change as I thought they were all brothers helping her and never saw the originals as mocking their height/race/sex, just their names describing their personality.

On the language front; A couple of organisations/charities over here use the term 'little people' but most people with Dwarfism in the UK find it offensive because it's so patronising. I used to be a support worker for disabled students and have a brain injury/epillepsy myself and most people find the overly-woke terminology or attitude of taking offence on behalf of others far more offensive and dehumanising than so called offensive terms.

I prefer being around people who take the piss out of my condition the same as they would everything else as it's part of my identity and we all take the piss out of each other over here. Overly woke 'kid gloves' language adaptations such as PC versions of Brain Storming make me feel self concious and confused/disturbed at how delicate or stupid an organisation/person assumes I must be just because I have a paticular condition.

I did see coverage of this in the Mail the other week but I don't think there's been any mention of her being half-latino over here, it's all been about how confusing the casting of the Seven Dwarfs is as does the complete opposite of what the original complaint was about.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

How is bringing up the fact that Walt Disney drastically changed the source material in order to make it family friendly so he could make money off of it going off-topic?

To make it woke-friendly you meant.
You can't change history and culture to make it woke-friendly

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

The interview is great because the dwarf actor hammers both the woke ideology and the woke activist who had his arguments refuted. It shows how bizarre our times are and the need to go back to common sense.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

I'll check out the interview (can't stand Pierce but the Dwarf actor sounds like he knows his stuff)...I think the gaffe may be misinterpreting a completely seperate complaint from Dwarf actors that they were getting typecast as evil and excluded from a lot of roles in original works - being all different heights, races and sexes is a confusing change as I thought they were all brothers helping her and never saw the originals as mocking their height/race/sex, just their names describing their personality.

On the language front; A couple of organisations/charities over here use the term 'little people' but most people with Dwarfism in the UK find it offensive because it's so patronising. I used to be a support worker for disabled students and have a brain injury/epillepsy myself and most people find the overly-woke terminology or attitude of taking offence on behalf of others far more offensive and dehumanising than so called offensive terms.

I prefer being around people who take the piss out of my condition the same as they would everything else as it's part of my identity and we all take the piss out of each other over here. Overly woke 'kid gloves' language adaptations such as PC versions of Brain Storming make me feel self concious and confused/disturbed at how delicate or stupid an organisation/person assumes I must be just because I have a paticular condition.

I did see coverage of this in the Mail the other week but I don't think there's been any mention of her being half-latino over here, it's all been about how confusing the casting of the Seven Dwarfs is as does the complete opposite of what the original complaint was about.

On the language front; A couple of organisations/charities over here use the term 'little people' but most people with Dwarfism in the UK find it offensive because it's so patronising.

The dwarf actor doesn't think so and he doesn't care. He doesn't find the word dwarf patronising or insulting and offensive. He finds the woke culture patronising, insulting, offending, and stupid.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Not only will they be able to stream one "white version," they'll be able two steam two.

Once again, the actress playing Snow White is 50% Polish and 50% Colombian.

I hope what you're saying is correct, but I doubt that it is.

Probably one version will not be screened.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

What racism?!
You must be joking!

Not joking. She was the fairest in the land because she had the whitest skin.

ETA:

This colourism is what pushes so many Indians to lighten their skin, creating a phenomenon termed “ bleaching syndrome ”. Bleaching syndrome is not a superficial fashion, it’s a strategy of assimilating a superior identity that reflects a deep-set belief that fair skin is better, more powerful, prettier.

theconversation.com...#:~:text=This%20colourism%20is%20what%20pushes%20so%20many%20Indians ,that%20fair%20skin%20is%20better%2C%20more%20powerful%2C%20prettier.
edit on 19-7-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   

If you're considering Walt Disney woke, then you've got to be the second coming of Hitler or something. That man was well known for being anti-Semitic and racist.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

What racism?!
You must be joking!

Another white supremacist — Tarzan

“Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs was the first novel about a white child who was raised by primates after his parents died. He grew up to usurp the alpha male ape as king of the jungle after learning their ways.”

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

What racism?!
You must be joking!

ETA:

This colourism is what pushes so many Indians to lighten their skin, creating a phenomenon termed “ bleaching syndrome ”. Bleaching syndrome is not a superficial fashion, it’s a strategy of assimilating a superior identity that reflects a deep-set belief that fair skin is better, more powerful, prettier.

theconversation.com...#:~:text=This%20colourism%20is%20what%20pushes%20so%20many%20Indians ,that%20fair%20skin%20is%20better%2C%20more%20powerful%2C%20prettier.

I am asking you again

How can the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs be inappropriate and racist?

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

If you're considering Walt Disney woke, then you've got to be the second coming of Hitler or something. That man was well known for being anti-Semitic and racist.

They're trying to go woke.
And you know what happens when you go woke? You may go broke!

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   

What racism?!
You must be joking!

ETA:

Just irrelevant with the conversation and with the story.

Surely, you can do better than this.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

What racism?!
You must be joking!

You're the one who's going on about preserving culture.

ETA:

I am asking you again

The same way "To Kill a Mockingbird" is now considered inappropriate and racist.

edit on 19-7-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   

And I'm saying that the original fairy tale was already drastically changed by Walt Disney 85 years ago when he made the cartoon. So how can you claim its wrong to change the story now when Disney already did it long ago so he could make a buck?

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

What racism?!
You must be joking!

ETA:

I am asking you again

The same way "To Kill a Mockingbird" is now considered inappropriate and racist.

The only ones trying to ban that are the left.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

‘To Kill A Mockingbird’ remains among top banned classical novels

A school board’s decision to remove To Kill a Mockingbird from eighth grade curriculums in Biloxi, Mississippi, is the latest in a long line of attempts to ban the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel by Harper Lee. Since its publication in 1960, the novel about a white lawyer’s defense of a black man against a false rape charge by a white woman has become one of the most frequently challenged books in the U.S.

“The most current challenge to it is among the vaguest ones that I’ve ever heard,” he says. The Biloxi School Board “just says it ‘makes people uncomfortable.’”

www.history.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

well, then i think it should be fair that John Henry be played by The Mountain from Game of Thrones

John Henry

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I hope what you're saying is correct, but I doubt that it is.

Do you really think that a 100 year old cartoon is just going to disappear because of a new live action adaptation?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join