It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heated protests in North Hollywood over Pride assembly at elementary school

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Than what does it matter?

My point is that I largely do not care how other people choose to live until their lifestyle is to demand I alter mine or in some way makes mine less safe.

Why does a transperson *need* access to the women's locker room if the accommodation to a separate, private space is made available? When this issue broke, that was the offered compromise. We are not unreasonable; we do not lack compassion. We understand that if you truly do think you are a woman, changing with men is uncomfortable and even frightening. However, because changing with men is uncomfortable and frightening, we also do not want a male body in our changing rooms. We cannot read minds to know how female the mind may or may not be, and as time has gone on, we have seen that fears are justified, there are male predators taking advantage of the new rules to harm women.

This is why we asked for the separate accommodation for the transpeople, not out of bigotry, but out of concern over those who would take advantage. Now we lack that safety in what should be our private spaces: prisons, medical wards, rape crisis centers, lockers rooms, etc.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: ketsuko

BINGO! Chicken dinner!

The hubris is strong in this one.

This is the back slapping reassurance part of the thread.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Very odd response. I'm not sure you even read what was so generously shared with you. It's exasperating. It's like you just want to run your agenda. You don't respond to other people's dialog. You just keep up your grind. And when good points are made, you always toss off something rude and dismissive, even while you try to convince us all how nice and unjudgemental and INCLUSIVE you are.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Very odd response. I'm not sure you even read what was so generously shared with you. It's exasperating. It's like you just want to run your agenda. You don't respond to other people's dialog. You just keep up your grind. And when good points are made, you always toss off something rude and dismissive, even while you try to convince us all how nice and unjudgemental and INCLUSIVE you are.

Nobody on this thread told anybody else because you are white you are racist. If I misunderstood then I apologize. But this is more of the same on all these types of threads and this is what is exasperating.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

When I find myself the common denominator in a bunch of unrelated conflict, it's a good time for me to take a deep breath and take a look at what I'm doing to contribute.

Which I'm going to do now. Have a nice Sunday.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Because it's the same thing.

If we have an issue with something for people like yourself, it isn't because there could possibly be an issue with it. You simply assume it's because we "lack life experience". In other words, it's because we must be narrow minded bigots. You make the assumption that you have to be the enlightened one who is obviously right.

This is the same kind of attitude the Jesuit missionaries took when they walked out into the American west and established mission schools and did what they did to the natives ... just sayin'.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

ktla.com...

Interesting op

Seems people feel strongly about their children

Exactly, in polling it's still a 3-to-1 margin of American adults who believe there are only two genders.

And no one really cared until they started going after the kids maybe because:

The trans agenda didn’t fare much better on the rest of the questions. One of them asked if people approved of laws banning sex-change surgery for children. 62% agreed. A slightly smaller 59% agreed with laws that ban hormone replacement therapy for children.

And these percentages carry across to Democrats. They aren't just Republican numbers.

It's really simple: You do you, but leave the kids alone.

Interesting numbers

It appears many have chosen to exercise their rights

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Like we have been saying over and over - leave the women and children alone.

No one cares how you live until how you live starts to endanger others in some way.

If the point of something like Drag Queen story hour is something like civic outreach, then why aren't they taking it into senior centers? The drag queens wouldn't have to be reading to seniors although there actually are programs for people to read to seniors because seniors love books and many have trouble seeing well enough to read like they used to, but if the point truly was civic outreach, then you'd see them all over, not just fighting like mad to access children.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   
What parents want their kids around this?

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Apparently quintessentone does. There are a few others who post on here who think it's awesome too. There are a certain subset of people who think that embracing this kind of thing is the hallmark of being open-minded and enlightened. They forget that it's OK to draw some boundaries for yourself even as you allow others to continue going their own way.

The truly educated and open mind can entertain a thought without having to embrace it. You take it and analyze it on its merits and then decide how to proceed with it. Sometimes, you reject it. That's all right. It's not a sign of being close-minded any more than embracing everything means you are open-minded.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   

OMG Drag Queen Story hour for Seniors would be a HOOT and it would go a long long way toward inclusion.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Apparently quintessentone does. There are a few others who post on here who think it's awesome too. There are a certain subset of people who think that embracing this kind of thing is the hallmark of being open-minded and enlightened. They forget that it's OK to draw some boundaries for yourself even as you allow others to continue going their own way.

The truly educated and open mind can entertain a thought without having to embrace it. You take it and analyze it on its merits and then decide how to proceed with it. Sometimes, you reject it. That's all right. It's not a sign of being close-minded any more than embracing everything means you are open-minded.

This is not about grooming children. All these types of threads cry 'grooming our kids'. Some of us here on ATS just want to point out specifics and the specifics of this thread are that parents don't want their kids knowing some children have 2 moms and 2 dads. That's their right, opt your children out. But those children will be told by other children so parents will still have the responsibility of explaining the whys wheres hows etc.

Another specific of this thread, is that the LGBTQ assembly felt the need to protest in front of this particular school and now we know why.

My contributions on this thread are pointing out these facts and the main fact is that if you can't even imagine how other people suffer discrimination, or you can't be bothered then what makes you think we have a chance in hell of opening up that sort of mindset?

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Sounds pretty gross.
Why would anyone want their kids around that garbage?

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I gave up. The argument keeps getting switched back to a book about families that have 2 moms 2 dads. The SCHOOL assembly was for Pride Month celebration. Parents protested. They knew it was coming, so far in advance they made t-shirts. One may assume that the school didn't listen to the parents.

The LGBTQ activists in North Hollywood showed up to counter protest. It says so in subject video. Maybe some were parents. Maybe some were parent allies. The reason I posted this was because it is North Hollywood. An odd spot for an organized pushback against a social war being fought in elementary schools.

The poster has been told that it wasn't about the book. But some folks just keep their own thought train rolling down the road.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I gave up. The argument keeps getting switched back to a book about families that have 2 moms 2 dads. The SCHOOL assembly was for Pride Month celebration. Parents protested. They knew it was coming, so far in advance they made t-shirts. One may assume that the school didn't listen to the parents.

The LGBTQ activists in North Hollywood showed up to counter protest. It says so in subject video. Maybe some were parents. Maybe some were parent allies. The reason I posted this was because it is North Hollywood. An odd spot for an organized pushback against a social war being fought in elementary schools.

The poster has been told that it wasn't about the book. But some folks just keep their own thought train rolling down the road.

If you watch the news channel video again, yes a school representative states it is about that one small reference in the book.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   
for those passers by that might be misled: this is not about a banned book

Its about a Pride assembly. first day of Pride month. School activities not banned books.

Some posters tactics remind me of the video being the cause of benghazi on 9/1I anniversary.

Hillary, is that you?
edit on 6/4/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   

for those passers by that might be misled: this is not about a banned book

Its about a Pride assembly. first day of Pride month. School activities not banned books.

Some posters tactics remind me of the video being the cause of benghazi on 9/1I anniversary.

Hillary, is that you?

From your original source on page 1:

Let people decide for themselves if the Kindergarden book about diversity among families had nothing to do with it.

www.youtube.com...

edit on q00000043630America/Chicago1818America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

edit on q00000043630America/Chicago5050America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

My point was proved in the first 10 seconds.

so yes!

Lets let the rest of the ATS folk weigh in on my thread.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

My point was proved in the first 10 seconds.

so yes!

Lets let the rest of the ATS folk weigh in on my thread.

Strange you would ignore everyone on that video talking about the book, teaching children etc. Even some parents on the non-LGBTQ side said they are not against LGBTQ, just what is being taught to their children.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Wrong.

We want to teach our children about it our own way. That may not be the way *you* would prefer we do it, but I probably don't like the way you think it ought to be done either. They are your kids though, not mine.

But my family is my family, and not yours to regulate or legislate or indoctrinate. Isn't that why we no longer say the Pledge or pray in school? This is no different. It isn't a life skill like reading, writing, or math to teach my kids about two mommies/two daddies/transgenderism the way *you* would prefer it be done.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join