It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heated protests in North Hollywood over Pride assembly at elementary school

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   
WHO IS THE SOURCE OF THE CORPORATE 'PRIDE' marketing attack on America?

Wonder WHY the rainbow alphabet mafia took over EVERY major corporation, YOUR SCHOOLS & just HOW it was done

- and EXACTLY how Biden is behind it. WATCH/RT this:

Video Link:👉 twitter.com...

It was this idiot 👇

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I thought I might be losing my marbles.... probably am, but one thing:

The KTLA video coverage of the incident seems to have been updated from a previous version, between the time I posted and now.

It looks like they produced a different video for their late night news broadcast. The previous one actually used the word "ACTIVISTS". The source page has an update tag from around that time.

So who knows.

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The LGBTQ assembly was held in front of that school because someone burned a pride day flag. The police are still investigating this as a hate crime.

www.nbclosangeles.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Point out the grooming parts in this book that parents of that school have an issue with, if you can.

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

I thought I might be losing my marbles.... probably am, but one thing:

The KTLA video coverage of the incident seems to have been updated from a previous version, between the time I posted and now.

It looks like they produced a different video for their late night news broadcast. The previous one actually used the word "ACTIVISTS". The source page has an update tag from around that time.

So who knows.

More likely you only saw and heard what your confirmation bias wanted to see and hear. Why do you think you bothered to really listen and look this time? Maybe next time listen to the people involved and not the news stations who may or may not have their own agenda, hmm?

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: tanstaafl
I actually do know and that is why I make sure they are peer-reviewed and published. That's about as high up in the meaningful and scientifically proven state a study can go.

Rotflmao!!!

Like I said... you obviously don't understand anything when it comes to how studies can be constructed to 'show' whatever the one paying for it wants it to show.

Peer review? I guess you are blissfully unaware of the myriad of problems with regard to peer review.

The same can be said of the silly notion that just because something is published, it is true. Newsflash: it isn't.

So, again, please stop spreading FUD.

Just a few of the questions that must be answered definitely would be...

Is the study a true RCT? If not, it can never, ever prove causation, and at best, can only ever show an association, which more often than not end up being purely incidental.

Is there full disclosure when it comes to who funded the study?

Is it free from preconceived biases? Meaning, do the authors have any conflicts of interest, and/or do they publish them?

Is all of the underlying data available for anyone to review?

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

I actually do know and that is why I make sure they are peer-reviewed and published. That's about as high up in the meaningful and scientifically proven state a study can go.

Rotflmao!!!

Like I said... you obviously don't understand anything when it comes to how studies can be constructed to 'show' whatever the one paying for it wants it to show.

Peer review? I guess you are blissfully unaware of the myriad of problems with regard to peer review.

The same can be said of the silly notion that just because something is published, it is true. Newsflash: it isn't.

So, again, please stop spreading FUD.

Just a few of the questions that must be answered definitely would be...

Is the study a true RCT? If not, it can never, ever prove causation, and at best, can only ever show an association, which more often than not end up being purely incidental.

Is there full disclosure when it comes to who funded the study?

Is it free from preconceived biases? Meaning, do the authors have any conflicts of interest, and/or do they publish them?

Is all of the underlying data available for anyone to review?

Yes, but you are the one who does not understand where and how bias in methodology with studies is determined. Also not all scientific and academic disciplines suffer from problematic peer review, most of the liberal arts for sure...think wherever there are theories and no repeatable empirical evidence.

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The LGBTQ assembly was held in front of that school because someone burned a pride day flag. The police are still investigating this as a hate crime.

www.nbclosangeles.com...

Why? Burning the American flag isn't and I would bet people who do it feel the same. Doing one is free speech; doing the other is hate. Why? Are Americans not special enough?

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Oh wait ... weren't you the one in another thread lecturing us about following the science?

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MrInquisitive

Not necessarily. Those is rather vague in that context. It could also refer back to a group mentioned previously, not quoted in the text. They could be parents as well, non-parent activists, or a mix.

I grant you that it is vague and poorly worded, but to claim that it shows that one side are just activists is clearly not the case.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

www.nbclosangeles.com...

Why? Burning the American flag isn't and I would bet people who do it feel the same. Doing one is free speech; doing the other is hate. Why? Are Americans not special enough?

If I put up my own special flag in front of my house, let's say the wording on it is 'Quintessentone Says Live and Let Live' and you take exception to that philosophy so you at 2 a.m. in the morning when all is quiet and nobody is around, pulls MY flag down and sets fire to it on MY property, that's a whole different thing.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I LIVE less than an hour from North Hollywood! Dont lecture me about demographics. It is decidedly DEMOCRAT

I'm sure there are some gay parent families in the district. But the majority of people looked to me to be the traditional parents wearing the tees in the video.

The activists are the gay parents and non parents. The majority seem to be parents against the assembly.

The point made by one speaker in the video is that elementary schools are no place for battles in the social wars to be fought.

Do you agree?

I never said or even suggested the area wasn't predominantly Democrat. YOU were the person who said it is a notorious "gayborhood" as you called it. Calling it a working class neighborhood, as I did, and one that is in LA county purdee much means it is a Democratic neighborhood just by voting demographics. You are the one who was misrepresenting the area, not I.

And now you're saying the gay parents are activists. Aren't they just parents like the parents on the other side? And are you suggesting that no heterosexual parents are supporting the assembly? I find that hard to believe as LA tends to be a tolerant place socially. And who's to say that all the protesters wearing t-shirts were parents? These right-wing protests usually have a lot of outside people coming to them because it supports their agenda. Both sides have their activist.

As to your question, the people who came to protest the assembly, which included a reading from a book that pointed out the diversity of the types of families there are, is the group that came to battle. Explaining to school children that families are diverse in nature is not some form of social war; it's explaining the facts of life and makes children more accepting of things outside of their own experience, i.e. tolerance and understanding. I'm all for it. Also by saying elementary schools are no place for battles in the social war, you -- intentionally or not -- are suggesting that elementary schools shouldn't be integrated either, as that was the first battle of the "social war" as you call it. So no, I don't agree with what the speaker said.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Yes, but you are the one who does not understand where and how bias in methodology with studies is determined.

Rotflmao yet again.

I have pointed out multiple factors, as well as provided links to evidence proving just how woefully inadequate your precious 'peer-review' system is, as well as how impotent your precious 'prestigious journals' are.

But by all means, please do elaborate on how I am the one who doesn't understand.

Of course, we all know you won't, because we all know you are incapable of rational intelligent discussion.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It's called 'gayborhood' by gays, FFS!

There are conservative pockets in southern CA... Hollywood, North or West isn't one. There are poor working class gays too you know. In fact, they are pretty upset about gentrification in many of their traditional neighborhoods.

The KTLA video or report was updated after my first post. I believe the word 'activists' was originally used to describe the counter protest from the planned protesting parents. Who were protesting an assembly in which the book was to be read. Assembly means a gather of the entire school to highlight a theme. The theme was PRIDE MONTH held on PRIDE DAY and many parents objected to the social wars being fought in their elementary school... as one parent said. And I agree.

By the way... all children have a mother and a father. If those words are still allowed. There are some children that have a biological mom and dad who divorce and one goes into a same sex relationship. How is THAT child supposed to feel? One of their parents isn't valid anymore?

I know of more than one family this has happened too. One: 2 moms and the dad is shutout. The other: 2 dads, and the mom had a nervous breakdown when her husband abandoned her for another man, leaving her with 4 kids. What do we do to celebrate these families?

edit: I saw your answer, and do not agree that elementary school should be the place to fight social battles.

Lifestyle 'rights' are NOT the same as race.

edit on 6/6/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Yes, but you are the one who does not understand where and how bias in methodology with studies is determined.

Rotflmao yet again.

I have pointed out multiple factors, as well as provided links to evidence proving just how woefully inadequate your precious 'peer-review' system is, as well as how impotent your precious 'prestigious journals' are.

But by all means, please do elaborate on how I am the one who doesn't understand.

Of course, we all know you won't, because we all know you are incapable of rational intelligent discussion.

Why would you ask a person incapable of rational intelligent discussion to elaborate?

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It's called 'gayborhood' by gays, FFS!

There are conservative pockets in southern CA... Hollywood, North or West isn't one. There are poor working class gays too you know. In fact, they are pretty upset about gentrification in many of their traditional neighborhoods.

The KTLA video or report was updated after my first post. I believe the word 'activists' was originally used to describe the counter protest from the planned protesting parents. Who were protesting an assembly in which the book was to be read. Assembly means a gather of the entire school to highlight a theme. The theme was PRIDE MONTH held on PRIDE DAY and many parents objected to the social wars being fought in their elementary school... as one parent said. And I agree.

By the way... all children have a mother and a father. If those words are still allowed. There are some children that have a biological mom and dad who divorce and one goes into a same sex relationship. How is THAT child supposed to feel? One of their parents isn't valid anymore?

I know of more than one family this has happened too. One: 2 moms and the dad is shutout. The other: 2 dads, and the mom had a nervous breakdown when her husband abandoned her for another man, leaving her with 4 kids. What do we do to celebrate these families?

edit: I saw your answer, and do not agree that elementary school should be the place to fight social battles.

Lifestyle 'rights' are NOT the same as race.

Wow, do you even read what you post?

What about the children's feeling when both parents are hauled to jail for drug use and the child has to live with the grandparents, or worse in an institution or foster care?

What about that man that leaves that woman and four children for another younger woman and no longer wants anything to do with them?

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

I wonder how children in that assembly feel that live in a foster home and don't have a mom or dad at all? What would sitting in that assembly feel like for them?

Does this book help them feel better?

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Why would you ask a person incapable of rational intelligent discussion to elaborate?

Never heard of a rhetorical question eh?

Seriously, stop it, you're killing me...

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 08:03 PM
link   
If this school was in Glendale, it was Armenian-American parents v activists in full blac-block.

The parents are *not* just upset about a book with two mommies or two daddies. They are upset about things like a display shaped like cross, using Armenian colors, that encourages things like "pup" play pride..

Might as well invite the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence to stage a follow-up to their engagement with the Dodgers.

edit on 7-6-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2023 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Armenians are super-religious. Eastern Orthodox variety, but Jesus nonetheless.

The Irony of antifa protestors mobbing on Glendale to pick fights with the descendants of people that flocked to places like Glendale to escape genocide. Still really religious too, doesn't surprise me the nicest ethnic group in the greater LA area would be opposed to this.

One for California's Yerevan.

edit on 7-6-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join