It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College student gets zero grade in her project for using the term biological woman

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
(post by Gentzen removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

And there were people back in the days, that had a perfectly fine and quite scientific explanation to keep calling black people N words.
but we know better now and decided to adapt our vocabulary, the Marxist didn't take over, the world didn't end.

But hey, some like the drama...

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuffx2
a reply to: quintessentone

I think the girl has Balls to even say what she did. Saying any more will just put a Target on her back.

The teacher commented in writing on the paper.

The student shared the paper and her experience.

Now it’s back in the school’s court to provide further comment.

The paper alone is quite damning.

Nobody here can make any judgements without all the facts, is all I am saying. This student won't comment further and we don't know why, even though you'd like to make us reasons for her. Name the school, name the professor ... take this to the top for judgement, but she won't because she has an agenda and maybe her 15 minutes of fame will be enough for her. We will see where this goes.

We have no context here.
edit on q00000056630America/Chicago5757America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: linda72

The problem with adding, the socially constructed term, women to biological, is that you exclude the person that was born with two xx but is not a woman.

I can see how she would use that in a solid yet discriminatory argument.

Maybe when referring to the necessity of a binary system for sexual reproduction it would be wise to use the scientific terms. Like an xx and a xy person.

She must have posted her work for all to see and judge for themselfs?

No?

Well then i call agenda, and by the looks of it, Republicans might bank on that topic for the next elections...

What about blind people? Should be avoid using those social construct word like “see” and “look”?

Do we build two foot high kitchen counter tops so that we can remain “inclusive” to the vertically challenged!?

How about the deaf? Maybe we should just shut up all together out of respect for them?

This is getting silly!

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Are you actually saying that 'woman' is a slur now?
edit on 6/2/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: NorthOfStuffx2

I think the girl has Balls to even say what she did. Saying any more will just put a Target on her back.

The teacher commented in writing on the paper.

The student shared the paper and her experience.

Now it’s back in the school’s court to provide further comment.

The paper alone is quite damning.

If the "girl" had balls, she'd have aced the course,

You saw what I did. I knew you would

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: linda72

The student can easily use this wacky term as a case to get her paper graded properly.

"Heteronormativity"

Heteronormativity is the concept that heterosexuality is the preferred or normal mode of sexual orientation.[1] It assumes the gender binary (i.e., that there are only two distinct, opposite genders) and that sexual and marital relations are most fitting between people of opposite sex

A concept, not an actual widely accepted academic term, a concept made up by post modernists to try and take away the fact that humans have sex to procreate, and that's called a heterosexual act, sex between a biological man and woman is heterosexual!

But wait, the concept double downs:

Heteronormativity creates and upholds a social hierarchy based on sexual orientation with the practice and belief that heterosexuality is deemed as the societal norm

Most of humanity is heterosexual!
This is getting ridiculous.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   

No I'm saying some are always behind the curve when it comes to changing language being more inclusive.

Good thing you asked for clarification before trying to put words in my mouth...

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   

What is wrong with allowing language to evolve organically, and not by agenda driven mandate?

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

What is wrong with allowing language to evolve organically, and not by agenda driven mandate?

The student also used the term 'transgenderist', well that term was coined in 1990 and was the precursor to nonbinary, yet the student chose to use that term. Seems to me the agenda driven mandate comes from the student.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   

No I'm saying some are always behind the curve when it comes to changing language being more inclusive.

Good thing you asked for clarification before trying to put words in my mouth...

So it is about changing and controlling what people say.

I was right!

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuffx2

Well around here there is braille on every bus stop, railway, elevators and what not, soo?

Why do you use vertically challenged instead of cripple? Is it because you understand the reasoning behind the societal norm. Well, it means you're able to reason out of compassion.
maybe try harder?

Sometimes it would be better to shut up than to pull some ridiculous arguments out of ones anus...

Guilty as charged

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Y3s ze Marxist are kommin for you...

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Y3s ze Marxist are kommin for you...

At least you admit it which is different

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Because Reddit us totally the go-to source for trusted info ...

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Because Reddit us totally the go-to source for trusted info ...

There is no go to source for the truth here, not from the student, no mention of the school, no mention of the professor's name, nadda. What Reddit did was go to this student's Tik Tok source and noticed she has a right wing agenda, and not just with transpeople.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I don't know... it's been like that since at least 2000 years... So hard to say what organic language would even look like.

Language was always a prison, and been used to steer society.
I think it won't harm to be more distinctive in our choice of words when adressing sexuality and gender in specific.
It will even be elemental when trying to formulate the legal verbiage, for all the problems that we already see arise...

I guess public shaming and forcing them into closets won't silence it any more.
especially now that we have a whole industry blooming around it...

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Nice dance moves, but you’re not catching the beat.

ETA: the verticality challenged aren’t cripples, they’re dwarfs, silly!
edit on 2-6-2023 by NorthOfStuffx2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Are you actually saying that 'woman' is a slur now?

It is if you actually call a woman one because thats not inclusive; we have to erase ourselves to make the transfolk feel better. If you call a trans a woman, that's fine.

posted on Jun, 2 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Blooming?

ESG is more like hothouse forcing than organically blooming.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join