It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bud Light, Your Reputation Is a Mess and There’s No Easy Fix

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

many are demanding their rights while impinging the rights of others, it works both ways.

Just pointing our your bias and generalizing doesn't cut it.

Ok, please tell me what rights are being transgressed
All I see is people choosing not to drink a beer because of a bad advertising campaign.
It’s called choice, is that a problem to you?
I have nothing against the trans community, they need help

As I see, some people have chosen not to drink a beer because they don’t like what it is representing, what rights are you complaining about
These “rights” are not even in the issue as I see it

edit on 18-5-2023 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Funny that Coors has been supporting Pride with their rainbow mountain. But no one is complaining about them. Don't worry. People will forget about Bud Light once there's something else for them to be angry at.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

many are demanding their rights while impinging the rights of others, it works both ways.

All I see is people choosing not to drink a beer because of a bad advertising campaign.

As I see, some people have chosen not to drink a beer because they don’t like what it is representing, what rights are you complaining about

It's more about transphobia from some on the right-wing side. Howard Stern explained it well:

“I wish I could call Kid Rock and have him come on the show and just tell me ‘Why are you so upset about this? How is it hurtful?’ I don’t know why he got so upset,” Stern continued. “Kid Rock, I know him. He’s got a great life. He transitioned from some kid in Michigan to a rock superstar! I’m really dumbfounded by why someone would care so much that they would blow up a can of Bud Light and say, ‘F— Anheuser-Busch.’ I don’t get it.”

www.billboard.com...

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: putnam6

Again... oh dear.

I honestly don't even know what to say to all this... partly because I only skimmed your comment, as I'm far more invested in the ongoing Kari Lake trial today.

I'm not sure if I'm not being clear... perhaps I'm too distracted to do so. Or maybe the problem is something entirely different. But it doesn't matter. I don't care enough right now to continue this conversation.

So think what you will. And I'll go back to Kari's trial.

I'm just glad that you gave me permission to "think what I want". Otherwise, I wouldn't have known what to think the rest of the evening.

As for Kari's trial, no way, no how, she wins in any way shape or form. Anything else is just political theater, drama, and pandering for attention.
edit on 18-5-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   

No
I don’t know Howard stern or even care to
Sensationalist pandering, take that up with them, they don’t represent anything to me or the boards here, just sensationalism in the media to gain attention

edit on 18-5-2023 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Transphobia from some on the right-wing side. Howard Stern explained it well:

Remember the boycott against Penney's because of Ellen Degneres?

Same thing. Penney's caved.

I'm really surprised they're still open. Not because of the boycott. They just have nothing special to offer. They have no niche.

edit on 18-5-2023 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   

No
I don’t know Howard stern or even care to
Sensationalist pandering, take that up with them, they don’t represent anything to me or the boards here, just sensationalism in the media to gain attention

He's asking a simple questions like - "What are you angry about?" and "Why do you care so much?"

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I'm really surprised they're still open. Not because of the boycott. They just have nothing special to offer. They have no niche.

What a difference a decade makes, hmm?

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:49 PM
link   

It's more about transphobia from some on the right-wing side. Howard Stern explained it well:

“I wish I could call Kid Rock and have him come on the show and just tell me ‘Why are you so upset about this? How is it hurtful?’ I don’t know why he got so upset,” Stern continued. “Kid Rock, I know him. He’s got a great life. He transitioned from some kid in Michigan to a rock superstar! I’m really dumbfounded by why someone would care so much that they would blow up a can of Bud Light and say, ‘F— Anheuser-Busch.’ I don’t get it.”

www.billboard.com...

Just watched it
So, two people who over react maybe, they are attention seeking as well, maybe they really are transphobic
Grow up, we don’t all have to believe what you do, act as you want us to
Live and let live, it’s a lot easier for you that way

Friends of mine don’t ride Harley Davidson as they don’t like the association of gangs and bikies, drugs and alcohol
Bikiephobes?

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Two very influencial right-wing voices that helped to fire people up. Grow wider.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I'm just glad that you gave me permission to "think what I want". Otherwise, I wouldn't have known what to think the rest of the evening.

As for Kari's trial, no way, no how, she wins in any way shape or form. Anything else is just political theater, drama, and pandering for attention.

Have an awesome night 😉

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Are you saying that you would force folks to buy Bud or shop at JCPenny ?
Folks don't like what they don't like .
I don't like chicken livers.
I will not go around the meat department in a grocery store due to this.
Does that make me a chickenliver-phobic ?
Or a bad person ?
Folks have a right not to buy what they do not want to .
No matter the reason .

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just more sick people wanting to use and abuse children.
As I said in another thread:

A man can think he is a woman. A man can not think like a woman, because it goes way beyond having a penis.

It is the way the brain is developed from our time in the womb until we reach adulthood.
Even the way we see and process what we see is different.

A woman (girl) is slightly more advanced at a younger age, and it's not only vision.
It's memory, touch, hearing and even smell.

Men are more likely to have certain neurodevelopmental conditions, while women are more likely to have certain mental health conditions, like depression.

If you do not experience the natural world in the same way, how can you think the same way?

A man can think he is a woman (subjective). A man can not think like a woman (objective).

The same thing goes for women that think they are men.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: quintessentone

Because you don't need them. Marriage is between a man and a woman.

What you're doing is saying that if God said, "Use a horse." You can use a cow because He didn't explicitly say not to. My cousin used a form of this reasoning as a small child. My aunt told her not to touch the pot full of boiling water on the stove, so she kissed it. Guess what happened?

Why does marriage have to be between a man and a woman? What harm is there in allowing homosexuals to be married?

Seems like people have contructed these fabricated ideals on what should and should not be based purely on their religious beliefs.

Even if one does not believe in same-sex marriage, we should believe in people's right to choose what makes them happy as long as it does not hurt other people.

I hope one day we will move beyond primitive ancient religious beleifs that dictate people's morals. And that people will have morals and ethics based on respect and good-will to other living beings.
edit on 18-5-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

originally posted by: LSU2018

a reply to: igloo

Because Ms. Mulvaney has 10.8 million followers, that's why.

10.8 million followers
Ms. Mulvaney is popular on TikTok, where she has more than 10.8 million followers and has been documenting her transition online. The controversy began on April 1, when she posted a video on her Instagram account, where she has 1.8 million followers, to promote a Bud Light contest.

Transgender health care should be left to the medical scientists and doctors who best understand each individual patient needs. For me the utmost important factor in a child's health is that they aren't left without any option other than suicide.

Mulvaney is a male, not a Ms.

Any "medical scientist" who doesn't know the difference between a male and a female (a difference even a 3 year old child understands), they should lose their license immediately. You've been failed by the unprofessional, paid off medical industry.

I cut and pasted the Ms. Mulvaney part from the publisher's article. If they want to use Ms. Mulvaney then they have that right, don't they?

They do that. However disingenuous.

Mulvaney has a certain cuteness factor, but I also find it disturbing... plays the part of a little girl in some videos when in actuality is a 26year old man, acts out the worst cliches of womanhood, is bony as all hell so probably not even committing to estrogen... I know he says otherwise but all the other trans women say they gained that layer of female fat on taking it, then he sings about normalizing the bulge. Real women dont have a bulge. Its utterly ridiculous that we are being forced to accept this level of personal and social deceit on risk of cancellation.

I massively respect trans people like Blaire White and Shape Shifter because they put in huge effort to look the part, they are soft and feminine and have wisdom and greater depth of character... like real women. They dont parody women to the extent Mulvaney does and certainly dont normalize the bulge.

Human brains are hardwired to categorize what they see and it cant be unseen.

I don't pick and choose who to approve of or disapprove of in people who are different than me or comment negatively on how others choose to live their life and I hope they don't do that to me.

While I normally agree with this, my problem is the agenda being pushed, not the individual, but I point out Mulvaney simply because I believe he is being used by the agenda and hes a sucker for fame, however it comes to him.

Overall, none of this is doing average, humble trans people any good publicity either and its not their faults.

Have you heard of Jeffrey Marsh... If not, look into his agenda and maybe see the problem when it comes to kids. Theres also a video of Him and Mulvaney, grown ass male influencers, talking about the joys of girlhood... not womanhood. Theres an element targeting children. Mulvaney sometimes makes weirdly infantile videos and Marsh tries to turn kids against their parents, says he will be their family, and has set up a private Patreon group for underage kids. Its downright creepy, yet were not supposed to talk about it because its politically incorrect.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 07:55 PM
link   

10.8 million followers
Ms. Mulvaney is popular on TikTok, where she has more than 10.8 million followers and has been documenting her transition online. The controversy began on April 1, when she posted a video on her Instagram account, where she has 1.8 million followers, to promote a Bud Light contest.

Transgender health care should be left to the medical scientists and doctors who best understand each individual patient needs. For me the utmost important factor in a child's health is that they aren't left without any option other than suicide.

Any "medical scientist" who doesn't know the difference between a male and a female (a difference even a 3 year old child understands), they should lose their license immediately. You've been failed by the unprofessional, paid off medical industry.

I cut and pasted the Ms. Mulvaney part from the publisher's article. If they want to use Ms. Mulvaney then they have that right, don't they?

Mulvaney has a certain cuteness factor, but I also find it disturbing... plays the part of a little girl in some videos when in actuality is a 26year old man, acts out the worst cliches of womanhood, is bony as all hell so probably not even committing to estrogen... I know he says otherwise but all the other trans women say they gained that layer of female fat on taking it, then he sings about normalizing the bulge. Real women dont have a bulge. Its utterly ridiculous that we are being forced to accept this level of personal and social deceit on risk of cancellation.

I massively respect trans people like Blaire White and Shape Shifter because they put in huge effort to look the part, they are soft and feminine and have wisdom and greater depth of character... like real women. They dont parody women to the extent Mulvaney does and certainly dont normalize the bulge.

I don't pick and choose who to approve of or disapprove of in people who are different than me or comment negatively on how others choose to live their life and I hope they don't do that to me.

While I normally agree with this, my problem is the agenda being pushed, not the individual, but I point out Mulvaney simply because I believe he is being used by the agenda and hes a sucker for fame, however it comes to him.

Overall, none of this is doing average, humble trans people any good publicity either and its not their faults.

Have you heard of Jeffrey Marsh... If not, look into his agenda and maybe see the problem when it comes to kids. Theres also a video of Him and Mulvaney, grown ass male influencers, talking about the joys of girlhood... not womanhood. Theres an element targeting children. Mulvaney sometimes makes weirdly infantile videos and Marsh tries to turn kids against their parents, says he will be their family, and has set up a private Patreon group for underage kids. Its downright creepy, yet were not supposed to talk about it because its politically incorrect.

For every alleged grooming transgender person you find I can find equivalent doctors helping transgender kids and adults find the much needed help they are crying for. The agenda should be the prevention of suicides as #1 on that agenda and the parents and doctors and child leading the way, not people with anti-trans sentiments.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:05 PM
link   

10.8 million followers

For every alleged grooming transgender person you find I can find equivalent doctors helping transgender kids and adults find the much needed help they are crying for. The agenda should be the prevention of suicides as #1 on that agenda and the parents and doctors and child leading the way, not people with anti-trans sentiments.

Im not saying there arent doctors who may feel affirming care is needed or that groomers are anything but a tiny group within a tiny group, but the fact society is too chicken to shut down the groomers on social media for fear of cancellation shows that it isnt the kids being put first. Its the agenda.

After watching so many videos on the horrors of botched surgeries and the sadness of those who detransition, I stand by the idea that children cannot consent to this life altering surgery and if they are suicidal then there needs to be more money put into mental health care to hold them stable until they are of age to make these decisions themselves. If society went that way then we could say to kids that they need to wait, just like voting, driving, drinking. Get them off toxic social media that has them going down this road to suicide if they dont get what they want. Social media is making them feel persecuted, nothing else. Take away social media and you have normal kid problems with the majority. We can still have a society that is kind to those who are different while they are maturing.

I say this because Ive always been a manly feeling woman, totally out of sorts with being female and I would have been targeted for transition if I was young now. I grew to respect I was different and embrace it. I faked being maternal in order to raise my kids but at least I didnt have surgeries and hormones that would prevent me from having them....

For some of us, social norms do not come easy but the highest thought is to learn to live with it at least until adulthood. I wish all trans people well but so many are suffering, shut out from their own community for trying to warn others that it isnt all unicorns and roses. The surgeries are absolutely brutal and hormones create a host of other issues. Have you seen Jazz Jennings mom b!tch about Jazz not using her dilators enough and threatening to jam it in her... not nice.

Did you know that trans men who dont have bottom surgery can get vaginal atrophy, like menopausal women, and it can be so bad they end up with life threatening infections...

Trans people are being silenced for saying doctors didnt warn them about this. Just like trans women who cant have sex with a neo vagina because there is so much scarring or worse. Theres only so much tissue to do revisions with after that they have to live with it and suicide is all too common an outcome.

The story is only being half told yet its considered bigoted to hold a balanced and cautious approach, for the children.

I wont argue this any more.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:09 PM
link   

10.8 million followers

Im not saying there arent doctors who may feel affirming care is needed or that groomers are anything but a tiny group within a tiny group, but the fact society is too chicken to shut down the groomers on social media for fear of cancellation shows that it isnt the kids being put first. Its the agenda.

After watching so many videos on the horrors of botched surgeries and the sadness of those who detransition, I stand by the idea that children cannot consent to this life altering surgery and if they are suicidal then there needs to be more money put into mental health care to hold them stable until they are of age to make these decisions themselves. If society went that way then we could say to kids that they need to wait, just like voting, driving, drinking. Get them off toxic social media that has them going down this road to suicide if they dont get what they want. Social media is making them feel persecuted, nothing else. Take away social media and you have normal kid problems with the majority. We can still have a society that is kind to those who are different while they are maturing.

I say this because Ive always been a manly feeling woman, totally out of sorts with being female and I would have been targeted for transition if I was young now. I grew to respect I was different and embrace it. I faked being maternal in order to raise my kids but at least I didnt have surgeries and hormones that would prevent me from having them....

For some of us, social norms do not come easy but the highest thought is to learn to live with it at least until adulthood. I wish all trans people well but so many are suffering, shut out from their own community for trying to warn others that it isnt all unicorns and roses. The surgeries are absolutely brutal and hormones create a host of other issues. Have you seen Jazz Jennings mom b!tch about Jazz not using her dilators enough and threatening to jam it in her... not nice.

Did you know that trans men who dont have bottom surgery can get vaginal atrophy, like menopausal women, and it can be so bad they end up with life threatening infections...

Trans people are being silenced for saying doctors didnt warn them about this. Just like trans women who cant have sex with a neo vagina because there is so much scarring or worse. Theres only so much tissue to do revisions with after that they have to live with it and suicide is all too common an outcome.

The story is only being half told yet its considered bigoted to hold a balanced and cautious approach, for the children.

I wont argue this any more.

Why does it have to be an argument?

All I can say is it's not up to you or me or anyone else except the transperson, parents (if a minor) and their doctors decisions.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 09:34 PM
link   

In this case, we may have to make up a new word specific to ATS.

It's more than one word, but I call it hillbilly mouth breathing.

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Are you saying that you would force folks to buy Bud or shop at JCPenny ?
Folks don't like what they don't like .
I don't like chicken livers.
I will not go around the meat department in a grocery store due to this.
Does that make me a chickenliver-phobic ?
Or a bad person ?
Folks have a right not to buy what they do not want to .
No matter the reason .

Of course, you went there.

NO -- I meant today if a gay woman was made a spokesperson of a department store -- it would hardly make a blip.

Except for certain areas of the country -- gay is now widely accepted.

Prejudice is mostly judgmental fear based. Understanding and acceptance reduces fear.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join