It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida is Going to Find Out How Much Immigrants Do

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Immigration is in part responsible for wage suppression, declining work benefits across the board and the lowering of the standard of living for all except the 1%

If businesses cannot survive without exploitative practices such as de-facto slavery then they don't deserve to.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Maybe Florida will be different due to the large population, but I doubt it.

Nearly half of Florida's population is over the age of 50 with about 25% over 65.

I doubt most of them are going to be full time landscapers, dishwashers or housekeepers working for minimum wage.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Doesn’t the left have the power now to make legal immigration easier?

But they won’t because then what would they use to bash republicans with?
edit on 10-5-2023 by PurpleFox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
The Company I work for can't find enough Electrical Technicians, so we are willing to hire people and train them to be Electrical Technicians.

Illegals aren't coming to the United States to be licensed electricians, because, you know, you actually need to get a license to do that.

And if some dummy hires a non-licensed electrician than that person is a dummy.

I hired a licensed electrician and my son got shocked.
At this point I think I’d rather hire a (experienced) illegal!!!!

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I remember a narrative being pushed during the Obama administration that illegal immigrants are good for the economy. You occasionally see this narrative float around the Democrat media.

Why, then, would any Democrat mayor, in these tough economic times, be mad to be getting bussed more illegals?

Oh, because the narrative is a lie.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I remember a narrative being pushed during the Obama administration that illegal immigrants are good for the economy. You occasionally see this narrative float around the Democrat media.

Why, then, would any Democrat mayor, in these tough economic times, be mad to be getting bussed more illegals?

Exactly this. They’re not serious people. Frauds actually.
edit on 10-5-2023 by PurpleFox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Isn't there some sort of new work revolution happening? I think the younger generations are rethinking working within a society that has created 'slave-like' work conditions, and they are rebelling.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
The Company I work for can't find enough Electrical Technicians, so we are willing to hire people and train them to be Electrical Technicians.

Illegals aren't coming to the United States to be licensed electricians, because, you know, you actually need to get a license to do that.

And if some dummy hires a non-licensed electrician than that person is a dummy.

At this point I think I’d rather hire a (experienced) illegal!!!!

I guess there's a reason most of the (construction) workers etc are hispanic. They (generally) know WTF they're doing: carpet, tile, concrete, block, framing, you name it. And they're fast.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 08:51 AM
link   

They should send them to Wisconsin, I’m not even joking.
The lack of live working bodies is getting critical here.

Take any product you care to name and tell me what happens when you flood the market.

If an illegal will mow your grass for $20, what happens to that business who charges $50 and employs American citizens supporting a family ?

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

A crap ass minimum wage that hasn't risen in some place in a looong time, and that one party consistently refuses to address or raise doesn't help any, either.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I think immigrants (and I wish they were able to be made legal easier) or HB1 immigrants can be essential in certain areas. Does that mean that it is good to drop 100K people into an area with no immediate resources, of course not, and that goes for both political parties and areas.

We will see if illegal immigrants were good for Floridas economy, we will see…

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Take any product you care to name and tell me what happens when you flood the market.

If an illegal will mow your grass for $20, what happens to that business who charges $50 and employs American citizens supporting a family ?

There was a time in the past when neighborhood kids were paid to mow lawns and help them get ahead for whatever they needed or wanted. I consider that supporting a family too.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 08:55 AM
link   

That is the problem right now are YOU LISTENING, there are NOOOOOOOOO AMERICANS that WANT to DOOOOO IT. I offered $50 an hour and got NOBODY. I even tried to hire teens, take a guess how that worked out!!!

I’m not talking flooding the market either, there has to be some balance. Somehow everything has to be black and white and middle ground is never an option, why is that?

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   

For sure, there are immigrants that come here and make great contributions. That's fine with most people.

But the overall economic impact of illegal immigration is negative, and Democrats know it. That's why they're mad at being sent extra illegals.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

Seriously ? I'll give you that they're fast, but quality ?

You should see some of the high priced houses in Texas that were built by illegals. Complete crap.

I have personally seen $800,000 houses that I wouldn't pay $100,000 for because of the shoddy build quality. I've seen 4" X 12" sheets of drywall held with 6 screws and the tape and mud cracking after 6 months.

Get in, get done, get out, get paid, get on to the next victim.

link   

I think immigrants (and I wish they were able to be made legal easier) or HB1 immigrants can be essential in certain areas. Does that mean that it is good to drop 100K people into an area with no immediate resources, of course not, and that goes for both political parties and areas.

We will see if illegal immigrants were good for Floridas economy, we will see…

They could find the resources, in a pinch, if they wanted. Empty public buildings could be used for temporary housing, the churches could canvas for necessities, let them cook themselves or make a soup kitchen ... where there is a will there is a way.

link   

There's a cost/time threshold that once reached will compel the person to do this on their own. When I was younger no one had a landscaper except rich people, now no one cuts their grass where I live. If my landscaper jacked up the prices I'd find a cheaper one or worse case scenario buy a high end mower and do it myself.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   

That's ONE area, not the entire country. It may work fine where you are, but 10,000 a day ?
Take one weeks worth and move them to your area. That's takes care of 70,000 but what do you do with next week's?

And the week after that and the week after that and...........

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   

There's a cost/time threshold that once reached will compel the person to do this on their own. When I was younger no one had a landscaper except rich people, now no one cuts their grass where I live. If my landscaper jacked up the prices I'd find a cheaper one or worse case scenario buy a high end mower and do it myself.

There are now robotic lawn mowers on the horizon so this is threatening these landscaper's jobs too.

Immigrants are willing to do the thankless jobs that robots can not yet do.

posted on May, 10 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Why is it on the American taxpayer to support them? What other country supports illegal immigration like we are currently?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join