It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida is Going to Find Out How Much Immigrants Do

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Remember how Martha's Vinyard treated the migrants that were flown there? They lasted about a week before they sent them to Nantucket Airport for flights out of there.

Now, Martha's Vinyard hotels, bars and venues are screaming that they have no service help and are desperate to hire anyone willing to join the service industries as hotel staff, bar tenders and waiters.

These stupid people... all they had to do is talk to those immigrants to see if they wanted summer jobs and just put them up.
They knew that since the pandemic, kids do not want to work and they would have trouble staffing service jobs for the busy summer. For a bunch of rich folks, there is little intelligence there, for sure.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Solvedit

Let me know when they legislation get passed since it has nothing to do with the topic.
Of course it's got a lot to do with the topic.

The potential that they will skew the political landscape to the left is definitely a cost of having them.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit
The potential that they will skew the political landscape to the left is definitely a cost of having them.

I'm not interested in getting outraged over something that isn't even drafted, let alone, proposed legislation.

edit on 15-5-2023 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Because that's capitalism at work at its basest level. No one wants to pay more for things, do you?

So is that what capitalists do? Coldly disregard the costs to society because they deserve a low bottom line over everything else?

I think you're a liberal troll.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 06:19 AM
link   

So is that what capitalists do? Coldly disregard the costs to society because they deserve a low bottom line over everything else?

Uh, yeah, that's how it works. You think capitalism is about unicorn rainbow fart morals?

I think you're a liberal troll.

Nope, Libertarian, and people who want to pay more because of fee-fees are the actual liberals. Do you want to pay more for something? You still haven't answered.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Uh, yeah, that's how it works. You think capitalism is about unicorn rainbow fart morals?
So you are here to try to goad us into foolishness with macho talk. Or could you really be that sophomorically purist?

Nice try. The Constitution does give the government the power to regulate commerce.

Nope, Libertarian, and people who want to pay more because of fee-fees are the actual liberals. Do you want to pay more for something? You still haven't answered.
I don't want to unfairly pass on the cost to poor communities. I also don't want to invite millions of new Liberal voters every year. They're already letting illegals vote in New York. Their kids will vote and they might get amnestied. They also consume far more tax revenue than they pay in.

Tell me, are you so intent on boasting about what an ideological purist you are that you are willing to see the country flooded with new Liberal voters even as they push existing poor communities to the extreme left by draining police, emergency, medical, educational, and food budgets?

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 06:44 AM
link   

So you are here to try to goad us into foolishness with macho talk. Or could you really be that sophomorically purist?

'Macho talk'? Telling you that an economic system does not have morals is 'macho talk'. I didn't realize people were that soft these days.

Tell me, are you so intent on boasting about what an ideological purist you are that you are willing to see the country flooded with new Liberal voters even as they push existing poor communities to the extreme left by draining police, emergency, medical, educational, and food budgets?

Illegals can't vote in national elections. Sorry, Constitution says 'no'.

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Illegals can't vote in national elections. Sorry, Constitution says 'no'.
Does it say you can't amnesty illegals and give them some sort of fast track to citizenship?

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Does it say you can't amnesty illegals and give them some sort of fast track to citizenship?

Does it?

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Does it?
From constitutioncenter.org: "The Constitution as originally adopted assumes that there is citizenship of the United States, and of the States, but does not explicitly provide a rule that tells whether anyone is a citizen of either (other than by giving Congress the power to naturalize)."

posted on May, 18 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
You’re conflating immigrant with ILLEGAL immigrant. NOT THE SAME THING.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 05:14 AM
link   

That's nice, but I have no idea what you're driving at or its relevance to the topic. You seem to be meandering.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

"I don't want to unfairly pass on the cost to poor communities. I also don't want to invite millions of new Liberal voters every year. They're already letting illegals vote in New York. Their kids will vote and they might get amnestied. They also consume far more tax revenue than they pay in."

1. they might put a strain on social services the existing poor depend on, which may bring them even closer to rioting and burning down city centers.

2. they may vote a lot sooner than you think which will liberalize the country. All our big cities are run by liberals and they are basically going to pot.

3. The last sentence is clear enough. "They also consume far more tax revenue than they pay in."

So, why not ensure their employers have to pay the full cost of having them, in order to make sure the economy really needs them? You're essentially forcing their host communities, rich or poor, to subsidize them, regardless of whether those communities use the services which the undocumented migrants provide.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 05:37 AM
link   

The host communities also reap the benefits of cheap labor, it's a form of a subsidy.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The host communities also reap the benefits of cheap labor, it's a form of a subsidy.
Those communities need the work themselves.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey

originally posted by: EmeraldCoastFreedm
a reply to: RonnieJersey

You might be confusing the other benefits with WIC they are allowed that in NJ along with emergency medicare and free school meals.
I know the county I was born in and was from in Jersey the Hospital E.R. had to have a dedicated section with doctors and nurses just for them tying up the Emergency room. with B.s.

Lets not forget the P.A. tags and no car insurance with them.

Not confusing anything, I give up trying to alert you as to what is going on, and where your money is going, and why inflation is going to skyrocket - you'll find out soon enough.
Why do you think they are all running here?

Back from a long camping trip on the Florida trail.

I believe you, Living in Jersey every person came out to quote a job was white/Caucasian. Illegals usually followed up to do the work.
Jersey is so left I could believe they altered records on filing for public assistance I know I stopped going shopping with my wife due to illegal immigrants not understanding WIC, In Jersey they seem to live good.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 11:53 PM
link   
And those of you saying it affects Florida agriculture. California, Texas and Florida are the top Agriculture jobs in the US , Longer season's per year and not having to migrate to other areas of the US to do farm work.
So Florida will be just fine.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: EmeraldCoastFreedm
And since this is a Florida thread, That stuff doesn't happen here.
I know some of you live in areas where cash daily labor is going towards illegal immigrant's. Back in jersey I would have gotten a quote from a white guy to have illegals show up and do the work.
It doesn't happen here you do a gutter, screened in porch, gutter guards , mow your lawn, fence installed, furniture delivery is all white Caucasian males.

It absolutely happens in Florida.
A lot of times these workers are behind the scenes. Nobody is saying every single worker either, but there are a lot.
Also if you have not felt it yet DUH that’s because it hasn’t happened yet.

The full effects won’t be felt immediately either, I say give it a good year and then you will be on here yelling “nobody wants to work, let’s let 12 years olds make hotel beds and fix our margaritas !”

See you do not understand the area. There is no low income housing available in my county, there is no low income housing or apartments, You are talking a 30 mile radius of nothing cheep, No low priced apartments but $79k for 3/4 of acre for homes. Certain counties here in a Florida has made it impossible for illegals.
edit on 21-5-2023 by EmeraldCoastFreedm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey
Why do you think they are all running here?

Fleeing poverty, pure and simple.

I think they'd be doing it regardless of benefits because a job is better than nothing.
edit on 21-5-2023 by Solvedit because: clarity

posted on May, 24 2023 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: JAGStorm

www.wptv.com...

Florida's new immigration law creates 'panic' in agriculture community

Wide ranging impact… But you guys just keep your heads in the sand that everything will be just fine.
Some people REALLY think there are no migrants doing work in Florida, that is what kills me. Are you that blind?

Truckers are talking about a boycott.

People are cancelling entire conventions in fear of not having proper services.
Some are cancelling Disney vacations.

Don’t come at me. I’m not saying I am against this, what I am against is people at are ignorant to the fact of how much illegal immigrants help run our cities and town and I fear it’s a lot more than people want to admit!!!!

So what happened you don't know the areas? Minimal illegal labor here. Two houses down from me are 30 something conservatives that have their own landscaping business and the wife does residential cleaning.
Once you kick out Illegals and wages people can make a living off lower skilled jobs.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join