It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transwoman cyclist Austin Killips wins women's race and causes outrage!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:
(post by Terpene removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Anyhoo, the more sensible are now beginning to rise up an ask what the hell is going on. Basically, this is all becoming a joke, but at some stage people will stop laughing. Sporting bodies who allow men into women's sports will bring about their own demise.

This is an open letter from the International Consortium of Female Sport (ICFS)

Source ICFS

The awarding of top place and prize money to a male rider competing in the female category in the Tour de Gila this past weekend is unacceptable and destroys the integrity of the female category. This was inevitable and predictable given:

1. the increasing numbers of males who now identify as women who are competing in female categories, particularly in North America,

2. the significant male performance advantage of 10-24% in cycling sports which is minimally mitigated by testosterone suppression[1], and

3. UCI eligibility regulations which permit male advantage in female categories by adopting a scientific ‘fix’ (testosterone suppression) that leaves significant male performance advantage intact[2].

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: Asmodeus3

So far a number of sporting bodies have banned transgender women from participating in female competitions. That will include the World Athletics, UK Athletics, FINA the World Governing Body for Aquatic Sports, Swim England, World Rugby, English Rugby, British Cycling had a ban but it suspended it and now they are thinking of banning transwomen again.

Great to see various UK sporting bodies involved in this long-overdue turnaround on the rules that hitherto have permitted men to compete against women.

Probably comes down to our innate sense of fair play in our long-held sporting ethos. Men competing against women "simply isn't cricket" as we would say!

Cheers, FITO.

It's a range of sports that have banned transwomen from female competitions. The UK is following as it seems. I don't know about the other sports as I am not from the UK but they usually advertise their decisions and stories quite a lot. And they have done very well preserving fairness in sports.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

You are more than a baby maker, are you now?

Because if not, I understand your argument to a T, but I see no reason to argue with a walking reproduction facility that has no other expertise that reproduce...

That humans are only reproduction machines is just another big strawman argument. Nobody has made such conversations apart from you..

As I said earlier, biology matters quite a lot when it comes to sports. Actually it's the only thing that matters and nobody is interested in pseudo-philosophical arguments, sophistry, personal opinions, feelings, perceptions and beliefs.

Take a look at the Y chromosome
edit on 5-5-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Anyhoo, the more sensible are now beginning to rise up an ask what the hell is going on. Basically, this is all becoming a joke, but at some stage people will stop laughing. Sporting bodies who allow men into women's sports will bring about their own demise.

This is an open letter from the International Consortium of Female Sport (ICFS)

Source ICFS

The awarding of top place and prize money to a male rider competing in the female category in the Tour de Gila this past weekend is unacceptable and destroys the integrity of the female category. This was inevitable and predictable given:

1. the increasing numbers of males who now identify as women who are competing in female categories, particularly in North America,

2. the significant male performance advantage of 10-24% in cycling sports which is minimally mitigated by testosterone suppression[1], and

3. UCI eligibility regulations which permit male advantage in female categories by adopting a scientific ‘fix’ (testosterone suppression) that leaves significant male performance advantage intact[2].

i draw the line at

jello wrestling!

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 05:36 AM
link   

That's your argument, kiddo....

Sexual reproduction is the only place a binary setup is necessary for nature to work.

Your argument is reducing humans to sexual reproduction... It's your logic.

You agree its faulty! That's a good step in the right direction, not all your conclusions are faulty but the logic you base them on is... Thanks for noticing...

edit on 5-5-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 05:41 AM
link   

That's your argument, kiddo....

Sexual reproduction is the only place a binary setup is necessary for nature to work.

Your argument is reducing humans to sexual reproduction... It's your logic.

You agree its faulty! That's a good step in the right direction, not all your conclusions are faulty but the logic you base them on is... Thanks for noticing...

I believe that you have confused your arguments for once more.

Biology matters quite a lot when it comes to sports. Actually it's the only thing that matters and nobody is interested in pseudo-philosophical arguments, sophistry, personal opinions, feelings, perceptions and beliefs.

It's the Y chromosome that matters in sports.

There rest of your text is a red herring about matters you clearly don't understand and creating your own false conclusions about what humans are and what I think they are.

Clearly a range of sports going for the Y chromosome distinction, and not your pseudo-philosophical arguments, a that's why they have banned transwomen from taking part in female competitions.

If you want to discuss what a human from a philosophical point of view you can create a thread. But competitive sports don't care about philosophy.
edit on 5-5-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Yes, you did.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Rape is about power...or abuse of power.

All too many seem to forget that...if they ever knew it.

(post by Terpene removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 06:09 AM
link   

You're beating a dead horse, due to reading comprehension issues.

I made my stance on sports clear, but sports is over once they leave the field.

You just lack the sensibility to adress the bigger picture with it's ensuing problems.

Thats fine go reproduce and create more shortsighted individuals. It doesn't really matter when it comes to the future, intelligent people can read and reason for themselfs, and wont take the ramblings of some phobes on the internet too serious...

So a transwoman is regarded as a man when it comes to sports (and you seem to agree with it) and not a man elsewhere and therefore he must have the same rights as a woman and being able to access women's only spaces.

Ha! That is so absurd just as the entire transgender ideology.

(post by stevieray removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   

You are more than a baby maker, are you now?

Because if not, I understand your argument to a T, but I see no reason to argue with a walking reproduction facility that has no other expertise that reproduce...

Yep, it sure do …..

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: Asmodeus3
It's better if you back up your claims in relation to the statistics you wanted to use. Fact-free assertions have zero credibility.

Are you kidding me? 99% of all rapists are men who identify as men. That is a fact.

59% are acquaintances of the victim

34% are family of the victim

Only 7% are strangers which would be the scenario that you're talking about. Of that 7%, consider that 99% of them are manly men, and then tell me how trans rapists are the problem.

Well considering that so called trans are less than 1% of the population, what else do you expect?

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: malvy

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: Asmodeus3
It's better if you back up your claims in relation to the statistics you wanted to use. Fact-free assertions have zero credibility.

Are you kidding me? 99% of all rapists are men who identify as men. That is a fact.

59% are acquaintances of the victim

34% are family of the victim

Only 7% are strangers which would be the scenario that you're talking about. Of that 7%, consider that 99% of them are manly men, and then tell me how trans rapists are the problem.

Well considering that so called trans are less than 1% of the population, what else do you expect?

Yes that's a terrible argument made by the other member who doesn't take into account the number of trans people especially the number of of transwomen and how many crimes are committed by them. It seems that apart from basic biology which is completely disregarded we also have absolute disregard of numbers and statistics.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   

a reply to: stevieray

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Lol ! You’re not supposed to re-prove what I said …… you’re supposed to dis-prove !
edit on Fri May 5 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

Like I said psychological violence is violence too. men get mentally #ed while women get physically #ed, we are the same but diffrent. Wanna keep playing mind games, get ready to be raped...

This is a really disgusting way to address Boadicea, who is a a woman. You may be meaning women in general but its still disgusting and in posting something like this you are using psychological violence against all the female members.

There are better, less crass, ways to express yourself.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Come on, Terpene, let's up the game. No need to be nasty. We can discuss without the ugly. Let's start here --

...sexual reproduction is binary.
Sexual reproduction is the only thing that has to be binary, or it won't work.

Yes. Sexual reproduction is binary, requiring both male and female functions for success.

But this is where we disagree --

If you think reducing humans to sexual reproduction will do your argument any good...

Not to speak for anyone but myself, I'm not reducing humans to their sexual function, but the words "male/man" and "female/woman" are literally defined by sexual function. So I guess you could say the words are reduced to sexual function.

In turn, our sexual function doesn't define the person, but that is the only thing all men have in common and all women have in common.

What do women who identify as men have in common with all men?

What do men who identify with women have in common with all women?

I have no problem with bending gender norms and busting gender stereotypes, but I know norms and stereotypes are just that and don't define our sex.

In the case of sports, male and female bodies are structured differently, and the differences can be disastrous -- both in ability and in safety.

So where/how do you start disagreeing with me? Talk to me... nicely... please!

edit on 5-5-2023 by Boadicea because: Formatting

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join