It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transwoman cyclist Austin Killips wins women's race and causes outrage!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 08:26 PM
link   
nypost.com...

Controversy erupts after transgender cyclist Austin Killips wins women’s race: ‘Insane’

Transgender cyclist Austin Killips has finished in first place in the women’s category in the Tour of the Gila.

Killips broke free from the pack late in the final stage of the tour in New Mexico, clocking in at 3:07:16 in a time that saw her take the top spot on the podium ahead of Marcela Prieto and Cassandra Nelson by a margin of 89 seconds.

The elite-level road race came with whopping prize money of $35,000 for first place.

With the focus on transgender women competing against biological females taking center stage across the globe, Killips took some heat on social media for the victory, Fox News reports.

The 27-year-old was fully sanctioned to compete in the event under the rules set by cycling’s governing body, UCI.

The situation has created a storm of controversy surrounding the sport’s rules.

Former world champion cyclist Alison Sydor also tweeted: “The current UCI rules that allow males to compete in female cycling events are not fair to female athletes. Time for UCI to admit this current rule situation is unsustainable and leaving a black mark on cycling as a fair sport for females.”

Olympic swimmer Sharron Davies — who last month called for a boycott of Nike over the apparel giant’s decision to use transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney to promote its sportswear for women — also hit out at Killips’ inclusion in the category.

“This is beyond disappointing,” Davies told The Daily Mail.

“Those in charge should hang their heads in shame. The UCI is not fit for purpose.”

As someone else said that has gone viral on twitter but I will share it with the audience here paraphrasing a little, this is a history day as for the first time ever the UCI women's cycling Tour of the Gila has been won by a man! Congratulations again to the UCI for making this possible!

So far a number of sporting bodies have banned transgender women from participating in female competitions. That will include the World Athletics, UK Athletics, FINA the World Governing Body for Aquatic Sports, Swim England, World Rugby, English Rugby, British Cycling had a ban but it suspended it and now they are thinking of banning transwomen again.

The cycling international body, the UCI, needs to reconsider its policy on transgender women as it is highly unfair towards biological women that biological males participate in cycling competitions alongside women athletes, having obvious physical advantages, and without having to win every race and every competition.

The UCI needs to do exactly what the other sports did: banned transwomen altogether from participating in female competitions.

The story covered by many of the mainstream media.

Page doesn't seem to work: Just Google Sky News Australia with title:

Fans and competitors share outrage after transgender athlete Austin Killips wins women's cycling race in New Mexico

Fellow world champion cyclo-cross raider Hannah Arensman has also lashed out at the governing body for failing to protect the sanctity of the women’s competitions.

Arensman said in a document submitted to a US court that she was retiring from the sport because transgender women were infiltrating the sport and in her final race there was footage of Killips pushing her over as she tried to overtake.

“I have decided to end my cycling career. At my last race at the recent UCI Cyclocross National Championships in the elite women’s category in December 2022, I came in fourth place, flanked on either side by male riders awarded third and fifth places,” she wrote in the document, Stuff.co.nz reported.

“My sister and family sobbed as they watched a man finish in front of me, having witnessed several physical interactions with him throughout the race.”

edit on 2-5-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

They should also allow "transmen" to compete against biological men. Then we will see if that trans fad is factual or not.

My bet is none would win.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: coamanach

They should also allow "transmen" to compete against biological men. Then we will see if that trans fad is factual or not.

That's actually happened a few times. They wouldn't allow then to participate.

ATS

Another
Tranny
Story

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

ATS

Another
Tranny
Story

These stories are quite common.
They definitely deserve attention and a thread discussing them.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 08:59 PM
link   
im not even rmotely shocked/outraged. Every women's sport record will be broken by a womxn and then what?

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh
im not even rmotely shocked/outraged. Every women's sport record will be broken by a womxn and then what?

Transwomen have been banned in a quote good number of sports. So this isn't going to happen...

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 09:34 PM
link   

...in her final race there was footage of Killips pushing her over as she tried to overtake.

Wow. I'd like to see that footage. If true, that alone should disqualify him from the win... and the competition... that he doesn't belong in anyway.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 09:38 PM
link   

These stories are quite common.
They definitely deserve attention and a thread discussing them.

These stories are very common... too common... and these are exactly the stories everyone foresaw happening but were told "that will never happen."

It is happening and needs to be addressed.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 09:49 PM
link   
There is only one question now: Why do women show up if this is going to happen. The lack of self respect is staggering, simply do. not. show. up.

That will end it all, they will rally to abort their kids, scream over not wearing masks, demand to teach whatever to kids, but simply will not unite to stop. showing. up.

Why?

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 09:53 PM
link   

ATS

Another
Tranny
Story

No.
It’s another story about biological women getting screwed and beat by a MAN.
Why do you guys put these fake women on a pedestal and marginalize biological women?

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Because they hate women.

They're also bitter, hateful, angry people who are generally miserable in life and seek to find ways to ruin anything that brings joy and fulfillment to others because they can't stand to see anyone else being happy and successful in life.
edit on 2-5-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: RazorV66

Because they hate women.

I agree 100%.
I would just like to hear the incoherent excuse of why they hate women.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Austin Phillips is not a 'transworman."

Austin Phillips is a crossdressing coward who was a loser competing against men.

Please stop using Newspeak.

:
edit on 2023 5 02 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: crankyoldman
There is only one question now: Why do women show up if this is going to happen.

Because they are competitors. "I quit" is not in their vocabulary. That's not how they think. That's not what they've trained for.

So it had to play out. It had to be seen by everyone with their own eyes how unfair it is. And it is playing out for the whole world to see. And girls are walking away now.

The lack of self respect is staggering, simply do. not. show. up.

These girls and women are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Nevertheless, they've acted with courage and strength, and gave it a fair shot. In the process, despite their personal loss and hardship, they've given the world a valuable lesson.

That will end it all, they will rally to abort their kids, scream over not wearing masks, demand to teach whatever to kids, but simply will not unite to stop. showing. up.

That's ridiculous. We're talking about individuals from all walks and philosophies of life. It's impossible to slap all these girls with the same broad brush. Especially such a hateful one.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 10:15 PM
link   
If they're going to allow men taking estrogen to compete in women's sport,
They need to allow women taking testosterone to compete in men's sport.

Given basic leftist logic, that means performance enhancing drugs are all green lit for all sport.

Take all the steroids you want, do all the drugs.

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 10:43 PM
link   
So how exactly was anything that Lance Armstrong did worse than this insanity?

At least he had (key word) the balls to compete against and beat men… 🤣

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

ATS

Another
Tranny
Story

No.
It’s another story about biological women getting screwed and beat by a MAN.
Why do you guys put these fake women on a pedestal and marginalize biological women?

Because feminism taught we are equals, genders are equal
Stop complaining its what feminists wanted for decades

I am going to ask for equal pay as women on "Only Fans", society is stupid

Another
Tranny
Story indeed, not the last sadly

Who is responsible for this stupidity, how do they justify it

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SwissMarked

It was considered cheatings, lying and taking what he didnt earn

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 11:34 PM
link   

YES!!!

The patriarchy wins again!

posted on May, 2 2023 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: SwissMarked

It was considered cheatings, lying and taking what he didnt earn

Sooooooooo… that’s different how again…

🤔

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join