It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transwoman cyclist Austin Killips wins women's race and causes outrage!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

I have to ask...What's the play? Where's the finish? Canceling real women? Total androgyny? A completely sexless society? An anything goes sexually ambiguous population where no fetishization is out of bounds? What is the endgame?

I wish I knew. Of course Big Med is all over salivating at the promise of broken medically dependent cash cows to fill their coffers. I'm sure they've provided millions to encourage and promote their franken-meds and treatments.

But there's more to this. There's gotta be.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Be honest...you found out while bull# checking me...

I appreciate it, I really do...

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

No, I honestly came a crossed it while looking for a random fact to send around at work

Just so happens it was to prove you wrong...lol

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Growing up being told you'll go to hell if you release your sexual energy any other way than with the other gender, might add to the mix.

Repressed sexuality, lots of it, certainly doesn't help in having a healthy and balanced approach to all things sexuality...

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: Boadicea

Growing up being told you'll go to hell if you release your sexual energy any other way than with the other gender, might add to the mix.

I usually just got told "you pull on that thing too much, you'll rip it off"

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
I usually just got told "you pull on that thing too much, you'll rip it off"

Can't climb the ladder to heaven with one hand on your sin stick!

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   

To a kid, that's just as bad... Every little irrational fear instilled in kids by society is a mountain to overcome when becoming conscious...

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I was a more than little conscious by the time that was being said....

link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Hold my beer...

edit on 4-5-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Well, then it's actually a sensible thing to say, as you knew that's not true. You did know it's just a saying.?

up to a certain age they believe everything.
such stupid comments from parents or any other peer person can have profound consequences in adulthood.

Often times like with the easter bunny, Santa, racism, or sexism, whatever stupidity they got from home, society corrects those erroneous believes outside the parents house...

But Sexuality is especially prone to create later issues as it's a big taboo.
It's not a socially accepted topic, and that is always in favor of harmful ideologies fostering unchecked.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I can see that. I can also see how such people can be easily manipulated and taken advantage of by predators...

And never see it for what it is.

Garbage in and garbage out.

But that doesn't excuse anyone for abusing others -- especially children.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Be honest...you found out while bull# checking me...

I appreciate it, I really do...

These are obviously irrelevant posts but the main issue remains unsolved in cycling as we have discussed several times. You seem not to be able to and/or unwilling to discuss the issue.

I wonder why is this?

Just as many other governing bodies of sports have done in the past, transwomen should be banned from taking part in cyclic competitions. World Athletics, UK Athletics, World Rugby, FINA, and others have already banned them.

As the matter of fact British Cycling already considers to ban transwomen athletes from female competitions.

Derailing threads isn't working by the way.

link   

How many sexes exist?

It is fair for men to participate in female sports?

link   
You go girl!

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   

ATTENTION

I don't know how it is that people can't understand that opinions of each other are not the topic on ATS - EVER - but it's close to time to start issuing Posting Bans to those who ignore this.

BE WARNED IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE POST BANNED! This includes comments members make in other threads.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.

The topic is Transwoman cyclist Austin Killips wins women's race and causes outrage!

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

There is that little person button close to the avatar.
it gives you the option to see all post a certain member made in a thread. Click "post in thread".

try it out before accusing others of not adressing the OP.
if you have any specific questions, I'm happy to help.

However I won't answer your rhetoric questions, as they are rather irrelevant the way you formulate them, especially in a broader discussion you refused to have even after several attempts...

Oh well on a second thaught...

How many sexes exist?

there is sexual and asexual reproduction, sexual reproduction is binary.
Sexual reproduction is the only thing that has to be binary, or it won't work. So far,
I heard female eggs have been fertilized with female dna...
But that's just for perspective.

If you think reducing humans to sexual reproduction will do your argument any good, go ahead and ignore everything else...
Baby making still needs a binary setup, everything else not so much... That's the best I can give you as the other question is adressed.

edit on 4-5-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   

There is that little person button close to the avatar.
it gives you the option to see all post a certain member made in a thread. Click "post in thread".

try it out before accusing others of not adressing the OP.
if you have any specific questions, I'm happy to help.

However I won't answer your rhetoric questions, as they are rather irrelevant the way you formulate them, especially in a broader discussion you refused to have even after several attempts...

Oh well on a second thaught...

How many sexes exist?

there is sexual and asexual reproduction, sexual reproduction is binary.
Sexual reproduction is the only thing that has to be binary, or it won't work. So far,
I heard female eggs have been fertilized with female dna...
But that's just for perspective.

If you think reducing humans to sexual reproduction will do your argument any good, go ahead and ignore everything else...
Baby making still needs a binary setup, everything else not so much... That's the best I can give you as the other question is adressed.

Again I don't think you know what you are talking about. You have been arguing in terms of pseudo-genitalia as a way to present that men have vaginas and women have penises. That argument has been refuted several times.

Biology matters quite a lot when it comes to sports. Actually it's the only thing that matters and nobody is interested in pseudo-philosophical arguments, sophistry, personal opinions, feelings, perceptions and beliefs.

It's the Y chromosome that matters in sports.

There rest of your text is a red herring about matters you clearly don't understand and creating your own false conclusions about what humans are and what I think they are.

Clearly a range of sports going for the Y chromosome distinction and not your pseudo-philosophical arguments.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 08:22 PM
link   

So far a number of sporting bodies have banned transgender women from participating in female competitions. That will include the World Athletics, UK Athletics, FINA the World Governing Body for Aquatic Sports, Swim England, World Rugby, English Rugby, British Cycling had a ban but it suspended it and now they are thinking of banning transwomen again.

Great to see various UK sporting bodies involved in this long-overdue turnaround on the rules that hitherto have permitted men to compete against women.

Probably comes down to our innate sense of fair play in our long-held sporting ethos. Men competing against women "simply isn't cricket" as we would say!

Cheers, FITO.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join