It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Michigan State University

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: watchitburn

Yeah, the local news keeps repeating that he had NO affiliation with the school. All the local schools around East Lansing are closed today, including day cares.

I would bet he had a specific person as a target, for whatever reason.

The definition of a mass shooting has been changed in the eyes of the media, people are conditioned to think one thing now when they hear the term expressed, typical gun violence between rival gangs is now mass-shooting... soon enough every time a gun is fired and only yourself wasn't involved it'll be a mass shooting thru the MSM lens.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Remember that time 5 Black Cops beat that Unarmed Black Man to death?

Say His Name!

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

That was a myth

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The headline sounds so much different when I include colors, it's more colorful teehee.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

That was a myth

Frogs missed the opportunity... to more accurately describe the situation, it would then have come as no surprise and hardly even been news worthy.

Black Active Shooter Michigan State University

See no cause for alarm, nothing new here... black on black violence

Victims identities have not been released and Police have not disclosed whether the victims included students. (why not?)

Every time a gun is discharged is it going to be national news now? Maybe... seems MSM ratings are kind of lacking these days along with their stocks, going to have to do a lot of reaching and painting with a wide brush.

edit on 14-2-2023 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Remember that time 5 Black Cops beat that Unarmed Black Man to death?

Say His Name!

Tyre Nichols.

He was pulled over for alleged reckless driving (no evidence to support that allegation). Five black members of the Memphis SCORPION (Street Crimes Operation to Restore Peace In Our Neighborhoods) unit (a special SWAT-like operation of the Memphis PD) then proceeded to beat Mr. Nichols senseless and he died shortly thereafter from injuries sustained. The five officers also falsified their reports after the fact to cover up their deed.

At last report, all five are in prison facing 2nd-degree murder charges and a sixth officer (this one white) has been implicated and is under indictment.

It was a big story here.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Local Michigan news has photos of the shooter (Anthony McRae) front and center.

www.detroitnews.com...

EVIL Google is attempting to bury any big MSM outlets who prominently show his face. Top 50 search results right now when "Anthony McRae" is entered, are all small-fry outlets.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Already forgotten... and how long did the name George Floyd "dominate" the national headlines, how long did those riots last and what was the cost (financially and to society)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   

www.detroitnews.com...

EVIL Google is attempting to bury any big MSM outlets who prominently show his face. Top 50 search results right now when "Anthony McRae" is entered, are all small-fry outlets.

All found with a google search using what your string of Anthony McRae

CBS
www.cbsnews.com...

NYPOST
nyp...
ost.com/2023/02/14/anthony-dwayne-mcrae-idd-as-michigan-state-university-shooter/

NYTIMES
nypost.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Anthony McRae's photo is NOT featured prominently front & center in those articles.

Thanks for helping to prove my point. Happy Valentine's Day!

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus

That was a myth

Frogs missed the opportunity... to more accurately describe the situation, it would then have come as no surprise and hardly even been news worthy.

Black Active Shooter Michigan State University

See no cause for alarm, nothing new here... black on black violence

Victims identities have not been released and Police have not disclosed whether the victims included students. (why not?)

Every time a gun is discharged is it going to be national news now? Maybe... seems MSM ratings are kind of lacking these days along with their stocks, going to have to do a lot of reaching and painting with a wide brush.

I couldn't have. I posted it just after my daughter received the text about the active shooter and to shelter in place. There was no info at that time.

I'm not interested in making this political or a black and white issue.

Just got back from picking her and her boyfriend up from campus. They go to the union frequently for snacks which is close to her boyfriend's dorm and they are glad they did not go yesterday evening. Thanks for those that offered good thoughts. It was a scary situation for these kids.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   

www.detroitnews.com...

Any ideas why he would shoot up the campus? What can we speculate the motive to be? I doubt it was a desire for infamy. Maybe just nuts and wanted to kill what he thought are just privileged kids.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

He has a point and still I just searched the name, it's all local outlets even under the mainstream banners you mentioned. (Local Fox, NBC outlets)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

Any ideas why he would shoot up the campus?

I'm selling "jumping to conclusions" mats if you're interested?

a 43 year old black man... no victim identities or even of they were students or not info hasn't been released.

School not in session...

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Haven't seen any news reports, but the school notified students of an active shooter. To shelter, run, or fight. My daughter is sheltered in place, her boyfriend was called back to work somewhere on campus. Just waiting to hear from him.

So ridiculous. 2 of my daughters have occasional nightmares of being shot at work or school as they grew up with active shooter drills. Only in the U.S. sigh.

At least 2 dead.

I was on my PS5 gallivanting around the universe last night with a buddy who lives in Michigan, near the MSU campus and he got the phone call while we were online.

You should have your daughters prepared on how to react if they ever hear gunshots so they can stop living in constant fear, living in enough fear that you have nightmares can be just as dangerous. I've prepared all of my kids just in case.

You say "only in the U.S. sigh", yet you were probably on here when Russia and Ukraine started pillow fighting, and talking about how ridiculous and unfair it was that Ukrainians had to turn to their local police for firearms, and then Google to learn how to shoot those firearms just so they could fight back. In case you haven't ever noticed the trend, that's what happens to countries that don't allow firearms for the citizens. You don't want Americans to be sitting ducks, but you want our guns taken away which makes us sitting ducks.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I'm not interested in making this political or a black and white issue.

But you're missing the point... political and racial is all this is.

Your safety is not a risk, these events are not random but the MSM needs to desperately try to make it seem so... so that they can use it politically, racially or as a cattle prod to shock you.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Your daughter would have had to be in the middle of the drug deal or whatever went south here to have even been in any danger.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

So ridiculous. 2 of my daughters have occasional nightmares of being shot at work or school as they grew up with active shooter drills. Only in the U.S. sigh.

Nah, I’m sure people probably have nightmares about that all the time over here in Australia as well… actually, I’m pretty sure they don’t!

Like you said, only in America. Land of the free and all that. Apparently you guys need your guns, so the government can’t f# with ya like they do the rest of us.

After all, there’s nothing more empowering than knowing any wack job could conceivably be legally in possession of a small arsenal of deadly weapons.

The well trained far outnumber the whack jobs. That's why whack jobs target gun free zones.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus
But you're missing the point... political and racial is all this is.

Still selling those "jumping to conclusions" mats? Whatever was in this guys head we simply don't know yet. It's the media and the public that make it political and racial.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: pteridine
Consider that the sudden spate of shootings may be planned so as to make us like Australia where the police put people into COVID camps if they don't get the jab.

STFU! People are dying.

Yet you don't say anything to the guy who started the conversation by talking about guns. Hmm.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join