It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Michigan State University

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Unrelated to the thread, so remove if needed. But nice avatar gif, still trying to figure out how to make mine work.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: DeathisNothingnew

If someone knows there is a shooting nearby, a cough can suddenly sound like a .500 Magnum S&W.

TheRedneck

MSU has a reputation as a big party school.
There was probably a lot of “false” reports from students that were experiencing a slightly altered reality from one vice or another.
I listened to the live scanner and there was quite a few reports of shots fired everywhere on campus.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

If someone knows there is a shooting nearby, a cough can suddenly sound like a .500 Magnum S&W.

TheRedneck

There was probably a lot of “false” reports from students that were experiencing a slightly altered reality from one vice or another.

I listened to the live scanner and there was quite a few reports of shots fired everywhere on campus.

Fog
of
War

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Quite so

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:02 AM
link   

They are saying he shot himself

Yep! What do we know? Black, White, Hispanic, Asian? (Hopefully not White!)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

TheRedneck

Fog
of
War

Yeah that’s one way to put it.

Had the opportunity to go to a party there with some friends back in my younger days.
It took us about 4 days to recover from it.

link   

originally posted by: DeathisNothingnew

Quite so

I took my wife to Michigan State's school store 2 years ago. Beautiful campus. (She graduated from there. Big Spartan fan.)

edit on 2/14/2023 by carewemust because: It's Spartan. Not Spartans.

link   

He was black.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yeah I guess people were just freaking out and reporting every little thing they heard and saw. So many reports of shots fired in different buildings all over campus. Often reported at the same time in different locations. Bomb threat called in and everything too.

I do find it strange that they lifted shelter in place so quickly after the shooter killed himself. You'd think they would be more cautious but it was maybe 15 mins after.

Incident took 3 hours to resolve. Suspect walked 3 miles away before he offed himself. About 1 hour and 30 mins walk to the street they encountered him at.

RIP to those that lost their lives and hopefully the ones in the hospital have a quick recovery.

Edit: Also remember hearing officers reporting smell of spent gun powder in different halls (Akers maybe) wonder what came of that.
edit on 14-2-2023 by that1lurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

well.....it wont be a race argument, but the influx of anti-2a pushing will definitely be inbound.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:09 AM
link   

He was black.

That's a relief. The media won't use this as a multi-day distraction from Biden's troubles, like they would if he was White. Especially if wearing a Red hat.

Because it was a Black guy who murdered children and adults in the Wisconsin Christmas parade, that story only stayed in the MSM news cycle for 48 hours.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: that1lurker

this makes me wonder....what if there really was more than 1. Given the hysteria both in & outside the area, & provided the now deceased subject was able to "escape" it would almost seem at the very least logical to still consider a threat still exists....but im just sitting here at a computer, so not really an expert just my .02 common cents. What do yall think?

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathisNothingnew
a reply to: RazorV66

well.....it wont be a race argument, but the influx of anti-2a pushing will definitely be inbound.

Nobody listens to them any more. The stories of patrons pulling their guns on the robber, or shooter, is what most people like to see, and would rather be a part of. Rational people know the "bad guys" will always have a gun.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:26 AM
link   

im not saying that people still dont "enjoy" seeing justice served. However I will say, MSM doesnt show that happening much. At least to me, it always comes out as the "guns fault" side of things, how guns are bad, the lack of gun restrictions are the problem, etc. If we could go back to the days of heroes being praised & villians getting what they deserve in the news I personally think the sheep may come to their senses. Unfortunately, with the constant propaganda that downs heroes & uplifts evil like we see today has the pot so stirred that until it changes the soup will never what we need. Im not going to believe we are the minority, but that doesnt downplay the fact that with every passing day more & more of the brainswashed increase in numbers....theres alot out there especially within the powers that be. Now, I dont think this will get played as a rece situation....but I wont be surprised if there isnt some claim of "mental health" being the reason for what this guy did....which to me dilutes & defends the attacker & his offenses.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 12:45 AM
link   

The last 5 (or so) mass shootings in America didn't generate good ratings for CNN or MSNBC, like they used to do.

FoxNews is doing better than both of those combined most of time, because it doesn't keep beating dead horses. (Except when they become obsessed with one murder or missing person for 2 weeks.)

It seems people across the country are starting to become "jaded", like we here in Chicago have been for quite a few years, over a few people being shot at one time. It's sad, but not as horrific as it once was.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Notice the news just said that they plan to keep the airspace closed around the university through today, and it was closed during everything last night. Is it normal to do that for a shooting event? If so, I have not heard/read about it before.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I'm seeing it was a 43 year old guy.

Why was he shooting up a college campus?
My guess is either related to drug dealing or some college kid was taking care of his wife.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Yeah, the local news keeps repeating that he had NO affiliation with the school. All the local schools around East Lansing are closed today, including day cares.

I would bet he had a specific person as a target, for whatever reason.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Major heart warming press conference this morning 💔

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Anthony McRae was the shooter.

twitter.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join