It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Michigan State University

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Maybe using t he evacuees to escape then.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathisNothingnew

It is a big campus I agree, but they are very disorganized. However, there is a ton of units there.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: that1lurker
Shots now reported at Brody Dining Hall which is on the opposite side of campus. Western side. This is near where they said 2 individuals were seen and one limping.

Wish I could upload pics.

Will this link work for you?
img.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Live stream of local media www.woodtv.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: that1lurker

I chalk this up to several factors, obviously listening to the live radio broadcasts there appears to be alot of logistics issues but its not the worst ive heard by a long shot. Im not familiar with the Lansing area, but manpower like so many other large city law enforcements agencies may be laking. If there is more than one shooter, I too can see this as problematic in responding. Given the size of the school, no excat location on the shooter(s) you need to understand, advancing in with such a large numeber of students isnt as easy at is sounds. This isnt COD, LEO dont have the same advantages as the shooter(s)....disregard for human life.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathisNothingnew

Well-said. Thanks for the insight

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jvd0021
Live stream of local media www.woodtv.com...

One shooter. Five taken to hospitals. # Dead the officer hasn't said.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Never said it was easy or compared it to COD. I'm just saying that with the amount of units there, you would think they would have seen a suspect by now. They have been pushing into multiple buildings that have been reported with shots fired but not finding anything.

People are understandably freaking out and reporting what they hear/see, but it leads me to believe someone is making false calls to lead them on a goose chase. Just throwing it out there. I mean someone did call about bombs too. If you have been following along since the beginning and comparing it to the map, the police have been getting calls all over the campus about shots fired. Multiple times they have said that they were at the location reported and didn't hear anything.

Just saying this seems well coordinated on the shooters part. If anything this shows exactly why police need more funding and training.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:14 PM
link   
deputy chief of campus police just finished briefing.

1 dead, 5 wounded transported to hospital in critical condition. additional reports of bombs and others shooters unfounded, and they have a a picture of suspect.

another briefing at 12 lansing time.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Thank-you for this most important update. I hope they find the shooter FAST, so everyone can relax in that part of Michigan.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

your welcome, it was on cnn they didn't say if they were going to run the next briefing.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

I'm positive the midnight briefing will be here
Click On Detroit

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

i'll try to stay up and watch it. it's past my bed time and my getting old a@@ eye lids are trying their hardest to close.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Photo of the suspect now on CNN.

pic.
pbs.twimg.com...

pbs.twimg.com...

edit on 13/2/23 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Been quietly watching. Not a lot that can be said at this point; sounds like total chaos up there. I just hope the reports of fatalities are exaggerated.

I also hope they catch the shooter alive. He deserves the torment of rotting under a jail for life. Dying is too good for him.

a reply to: frogs453

Prayers for your daughter. May she stay safe.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Pic of suspect here. I tired the link that was provided to upload pics but its not working for me. Sorry.

twitter.com...

Source is directly from MSU Police and Public Safety Twitter account
edit on 13-2-2023 by that1lurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Scanner just mentioned moving to an encrypted channel. They said they think suspect is listening in on scanner.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:40 PM
link   
They are saying 3 dead now, 5 injured.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Nice, we need more psyops to distract people.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: that1lurker

Looks like a pistol, right handed and tucked in waistband above front pocket.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join