It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Michigan State University

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

My daughter is sheltered in place, her boyfriend was called back to work somewhere on campus. Just waiting to hear from him.

Hope they are both safe frogs

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: franklen

Do you ever show any respect, the OP is worried about his daughter and her boyfriend. Political crap is a non-issue when it comes to the safety of loved ones

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   

So releived to read this frogs, didn't see anything for the last 8 pages and had me worried

Make them some nice hot chocolate and just be there for them Im sure you already know this/are doing this

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Glad they're safe, sir.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'm a she, but thank you. They were both exhausted and slept all the way home. Her friend and her dorm mate were friends with 2 of the victims, so she feels really badly for both of them.

School is now canceled until Monday and her first class back is in the first building Burkey hall.

Grandparents came to hug her today along with other family, and even though it's valentines day, her sisters and significant others will come for dinner. Italians seem to feel a pasta meal with family fixes everything.

I mean I know you say we can arm students or whatever, but I'm not sure arming hormonal, sometimes drunk young adults is really the best idea.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Sorry Frogs I always screw those pronounts up, please accept my apology I am really happy to hear you got them safe and sound, and can only say I am sorry for what they have to be going through

I mean I know you say we can arm students or whatever, but I'm not sure arming hormonal, sometimes drunk young adults is really the best idea.

Agreed, probably not a good idea at all

Look I am the first to step up and admit when I am wrong, and I was wrong. I will never understand the delivery of extreme violence at the drop of a hat. I guess I am from a different time, a bygone error, when people didn't settle their problems at the barrel of a gun, or maybe we valued life more? I don't have a good answer and I wish I did

There is a problem. The status quo is clearly a problem

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

No worries on the pronoun thing. Not sure what the answer is. I'm a gun owner(yes there are many of us left leaners that have them) but I don't know that putting armed guards everywhere is the answer either. Children should be able to go to school without the constant worry of someone, either a student or an adult coming in with the sole reason to kill them. Or under armed guard.

Mental health issues? How do you really fix that for people who don't want help or slip through the cracks?

Wish I had an answer. In 2022 firearms became the leading cause of death among children, that's a problem. I mean yes, that includes gang violence, accidents and these shootings, but that's a real problem in all those situations. In my mind that's more concerning than a drag queen reading a story in a library that you don't even have to take your kids to.
edit on 14-2-2023 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Sorry.

I'll try to remember that.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

What color was the gun? Was the gun chinese or russian?

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

Oh, I get what you're saying. I just wanted to let you know there are those of us who don't care what skin color the perps or the victims had... or what colors they fly. Wrong is wrong. It was wrong when the cop failed to consider Floyd's condition and wound up contributing to his death, and it was wrong when SCORPION officers in Memphis literally beat Tyre to death.

ALL Lives Matter.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Just got back from picking her and her boyfriend up from campus.

Thank you, God!

So glad they are safe.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Thank you. She never posts to social media but yesterday she posted this:

A day that was supposed to be filled with love and joy is now a day filled with fear, grief, and anger for Spartans. I know at least one person that knows each of the victims. This could’ve been any of us which is a haunting reminder. If this isn’t a wake up call that there needs to be change in this country, I don’t know what is. Thank you to everyone for checking in on me, I am home and safe. I wish every family could say the same.

I had honestly forgotten it was valentines day.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yet another black life mattering. Warms my heart.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: drongosrevenge
lets hope he is NOT whiite.
last thing we need is more ri0ts and l00ting.

What a deranged comment. That absolute state of your mind is crazy. Did you know theres been dozens and dozens of mass shootings already this year? Did you know a bit of them were of white descent? Did you know there were no riots?

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: INFINITICRYPTO
Yet another black life mattering. Warms my heart.

I'd love for you to explain what you meant by your message.
edit on 15-2-2023 by ExiledSpirit777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 09:22 PM
link   

She's right, you know. We need change, desperately. We may disagree on what change, but until people will start to listen to each other and honestly look at the problem, that change will never come.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The problem though is that there a lot of things people, all people, should be able to do without worry, but it's because of other people that we can't.

And don't you forget that.

At the end of the day, when you worry about not being able to do something safely because of firearms, remember that if everyone else disappeared, you could do those things without incident ... unless of course, you're the dope who picks up the gun.

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

She's right, you know. We need change, desperately. We may disagree on what change, but until people will start to listen to each other and honestly look at the problem, that change will never come.

TheRedneck

Agreed

I don't know what that entails. I love shooting guns, I love my ARs, my NFA toys. I love my girls infinitely more. Sick and tired of the death, something, somewhere has to give. People aren't what they used to be, there is a wanton disregard for human life

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I think it's a lack of education that is the root problem. We had guns back in my school days... on any given day during high school, one could see a parking lot crammed with student vehicles. A great many of those were trucks. Most trucks had a gun rack in the rear window. Most of those gun racks contained at least one gun. Almost all those guns were loaded. A great many of the cars had pistols safely tucked away under the front seat or in the glove compartment.

What was the biggest discipline problem? Smoking in the bathroom!

The difference was that we all knew what guns were and how to use them. We were taught by our parents, usually, and a few by friends who were taught by their parents. No one thought about pulling a gun on someone; guns were for hunting and defense only. During JROTC, we would load up on a bus certain days and go to the National Guard Armory. There, we would target shoot with actual M-16 military rifles (usually locked on semi-auto, a couple of times on 3-round burst). It was a competition: who could hold the tightest pattern. One day our Weapons Sergeant, Sgt. Smith, actually fired a M-60 machine gun, on full auto fire, for us to observe. It was awesome and terrifying at the same time.

I got my first gun around age 10. It was a Daisy pump-action BB gun. Dad showed me how to use it and let me keep it in my room. I wasn't allowed to take it out without his permission. His guns were in the gun rack in the living room. I wasn't allowed to touch those unless he was with me. By age 13 or so, he let me shoot his .22 rifle. About a year later, he decided I was old enough to shoot the .410 shotgun. By the time I was 18 or so, I could borrow any gun I wanted if he said it was OK, including the 12-gauge pump.

Those ages, by the way, are all approximations. It thrilled me every time I got to handle a new gun, yes, but not so much the exact date stuck in my memory. Guns were not some alien artifact that was taboo for me to even see... guns were a dangerous tool that I had to respect in order to use... not really much different than a chainsaw.

Today, we expel kids from school for drawing a picture of a water gun. We prohibit any speech that might indicate a gun. We demonize anyone whose parents own a gun. Schools are gun-free zones, with serious criminal penalties for anyone who might happen to have one in their possession. There is no JROTC weapons class. Parents are required to lock their firearms away, unloaded, with trigger locks at all times. Almost no child ever sees a gun except on the TV and in the movies or video games (both typically created by people who themselves don't know anything about guns... witness Alec Baldwin). They learn about the gun through fantasy... we learned about guns through reality.

By doing all that, we make the gun a taboo. Kids love breaking taboo... that's what makes them kids. That's how they learn, by pushing boundaries. So now instead of a population who understands and respects guns, we have a population who knows little to nothing about guns and doesn't respect them. So when they get hold of a gun, they don't know how it works, what its purpose is, or what to expect when they use it. And we wonder why kids (and now adults as these generations age) are shooting places up? What did we expect?

The laws that some people keep proposing are not promoting gun control; gun control is the ability to hit one's target while not hitting anything else. The laws are promoting gun ignorance. Gun ignorance is the problem, not the solution.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There are more Batmen than there are Jokers...

I say strap em up boys, let them f'ers make their move then rid society of them.

Little street cleaning action, it just really sucks they are taking advantage of the gun free zones and not just in schools, I mean where the good guys aren't allowed to practice their constitutional right.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join