It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aerial Event Megathread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks for creating this Zaph.

We need your expertise, bro.

Bookmarked.

edit on 2/14/2023 by MykeNukem because: 🍻

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   
thought i'd append to this thread with the following document from theblack vault regarding a FIOA named "2022 Annual Report on Unidentified Aerial Phenomena"

and here are some relevant outtakes from the document:

pasteboard.co... stats
pasteboard.co... summary
pasteboard.co... what measures are being taken

now rewind whats happened the last few weeks, The government is following the guidelines and frameworks set by this report, they are briefing every allied country in the world. They have known about the balloons at least for at least 17 years. they shot down 3 of them, but the list has probably hundreds still to be taken care of the questionis , will they do anything about it? or are they onna call it a day with 3 of them until they get called out. This means all the 167 cases have been posing as a civil aviation threat for at least 17 years. The other actual unexplained reports they probably cant do anything about and probably filtered out on purpose they probably see all of these cases right now on their radars. thsi gonna be interesting

link to actual site and doc:
www.theblackvault.com...

edit on 14-2-2023 by Strat1 because: added link to doc and site for source and credit

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorThey

They know where they went down. Getting to them is a whole other thing. All three came down in areas that are going to be difficult to recover. They can get to them, it’s just going to take time.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I appreciate your time responding. Doing some additional reading, it looks like there are different classes of balloons, including some used solely by the military. If the initial weather balloons exposed a vulnerability in the radar systems, couldn't (hypothetically) this show a "proof of concept" that would allow balloons of the same material to skirt into the US airspace?

I found the Russians had/have AN-S1 (max load weight 992 pounds - up to 10km FA) and the AN-VM (max weight 2,315 pounds - up to 36km FA). Looks like the tech is 30 years old though, wonder what versions they have now.

Wow. What a rabbit hole I fell into! JPL and the US military have some seriously advanced "free" balloon and high altitude balloons. Even a contest (FLOATing DRAGON) to put together new balloon technologies.

It would appear there are some serious candidates to take advantage of the vulnerability that was found.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   
just some logical analysis from my part from reading through this event, the planes and equipment used and the explanation of the objects:

They sent AWACS up there to help take a look, this means the radar on the ground is either not powerful enough, has the incorrect line of sight to spot it properly OR the payload which i read was cylindrical in shape would probably be a sort of ECM that jams ground equipment in a conical shape this requiring an AWACS to send and receive radar signals above its horizon. people theorized it could be a payload and it is also a realistic theory however it would be more realistic its simply a ECM to prevent being spotted.

case in point:
-octogonal shaped balloon had strings attached pointing downward, indicating it is the carrier, tho scant information about the payload leaves me to beleive its kinda light or has its own gliding or lifting property.
-they sent an AWACS with a different angle to radar emissions
-the audio indicates sensor disruptions once they get too close, they are probably flying underneath it (because you know to get a better look you gotta loo up, not forwards in a jet fighter) once they got a good look they proceeded to shoot it down which would require them to make a long turnaround and then try to find it again (now the awacs is useful so they can always see it on their own screens sort of like in games with a minimap hud)
-if it was a payload, where it was dropped and downed is said to be extremely hazardous and difficult to retrieve, why cant anyone else notice heat signatures or activity of something or someone on the ground looking for it in advance, maybe the connection was not made yet.

case against the point:

-it was mentioned the payload was already dropped by the time the pilots decide to shoot it down
-information makes it seem as if the payload and octogonal shape was 2 entities and the payload was also drifting by itself, or with an extremely long string attached, no info on how long this string was but by the information it must have been really REALLY long if it was still tethered and still viewed as a seperate entity

Octogonal shape:
shape and material makes a difference when trying to evade radar signature, it reminds me of the Nighthawk with angular shapes to deflect radar away and not back to the source. its not a pure ballon, rather its a semi rigid blimp, as reported it was "metallic"

cylinder shaped object:

This object was attached to the strings of the octogonal object which leaves me to conclude it was dropped on purpose hence the theory of a payload, however im adamant its a sensor jammer they didnt want someone to find easily once spotted.

means of propulsion:

not much info on the hardware used, but the most likely propulsion as mentioned in the forum is actually heating and cooling of the gas in the ballon causing the ballon to go lower or higher when desired. the chinese can estimate where the winds are going because we already have this data publicly if you look it up. with some clever math they can estimate where it could be at certain altitudes with certain wind directions

still questions:

means of power what kinda power source? how long did it take to get to its location, would batteries be a bit too heavy for such a device with ECM function? it needs power to heat and cool gasses the batteries probably got spent not long after it was detected

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Move along folks, nothing to see here

This is clearly, clearly swamp gas filled balloons.

Why they filled balloons with swamp gas? Well you know... reasons
edit on -06:00042023-02-14T10:04:29-06:002023TuesdayTuesday202330 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Why do they have to come from outer space. Why not from our own planet? Our unexplored oceans? Maybe they were here all along, have you ever thought of that?

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: devilsadvocatenow

There are some that are threats, but this won't stay a vulnerability for long. Filters can be adjusted, and gates set to look for balloons. It's just going to cause false alerts for awhile until they get it set right.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Freenrgy2

in this spate of 'objects' in Alaska/Canada/northern USA...The fews which were shot down were also tracked by radar (adjusted radar) and i noticed that the tracking shows that 2 of the 4 'objects' (unlike the CCP helium balloon & payload) have movements of crude circles separated by long travel distances to other 'target sites ?'

the 'objects' oblongs/cylinders/pills/ small car sized...are not reported as having massive 200 ft balloons attached like the CCP unit being recovered in SC ocean waters

with no reported balloons attached... these 'objects' show a radar tracking record of lingering & circling a area for up to 3 times---
to me thats suggests piloting actions

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   
So now we are going on multiple days since these "objects" were shot down, other than the first "Chinese spy baloon", we have no pictures, no real pilot descriptions, no clarification from .gov on what these other "objects" were, what type of propulsion they used, or any other relevant info.

At what point do we demand answers? The claims of delays in recovery of these objects is laughable.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Strat1

-octogonal shaped balloon had strings attached pointing downward, indicating it is the carrier, tho scant information about the payload leaves me to beleive its kinda light or has its own gliding or lifting property

A theory being muted is they where not infact " strings " but anntenas.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

The Coast Guard used to have a rule in Alaska that you couldn't even be considered for Aircraft Commander upgrades in Alaska until you had flown at least one year as a copilot in Alaska. The weather conditions change so fast it's not even funny up there. You'll launch with great visibility, and by the time you get to your mission area visibility is zero or close to zero, or the winds are significantly stronger than when you launched, or any number of things. Take into account that the reports are it came down on ice, and you have to ensure that the ice is strong enough to hold all your equipment, and aircraft being used, on a day that currently has seven hours of daylight, and there are going to be delays.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Everyone you can have a visual of the actual octagonal shaped object dropping like a fly on twitter

twitter.com...

This makes me wonder and have to re evaluate something.

It's an actual solid object, doesn't seem like it was filled with anything it's dropping like a brick. Secondly in no way could it carry anything let alone the second payload which was the cylinder.

A great interjection by a commenter was a picture of a kite. However the object dropping cannot be the kite because it wouldn't have a free fall. Which leads me to think that:

The octogonal object was not the carrier, rather it was the hardware, there must be a kite or a lifting body that was missed. The cylindrical object could be the kite, it is the only thing we haven't seen yet

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Okay, thanks.

So, now we have a solar powered high pressure compressor on board. That has to be fairly weighty. What, like 30-80lbs at least?

Nothing says "we've made it as lite as possible" like carbon fibre. That means there was a weight problem to solve for to begin with. I don't know how heavy that would be, but I bet it's heavier than the compressor. I also wouldn't know how to scale this stuff for a Volkswagen sized aerostat, but seems heavy.

Also, the lack of heat signature that was supposed to make the thing difficult to target with missiles? Would not that also be out the window due to the compressor?

It's hard for me to imagine these things being as nimble as reported with some rig like that on board.

How big and powerful would these gas jets need to be to move a Volkswagen sized aerial thingy that is dealing with up to 250 mph winds? Assuming that it is "coasting along with the jet streams".

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I was US Coast Guard on Lake Huron years ago and finding a 4 wheeler size anything out there is going to be NEARLY impossible. No fishing going on and not much ship traffic. The Canadian Griffin and the US Katmai Bay seem to be the only thing out there. And 1 small airplane. Lots of luck everyone.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Latro

An airship can carry any equipment internally, with possible sensors held against, or close to the skin. Any kind of compressor system is going to be interval where it won’t give off an IR signature.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Satellites are a different matter altogether.

Are they ? So I suppose China could just start shooting NRO Spy Satellites out of orbit and I guess it would just be okay ?
edit on 14-2-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

They may have the technology allready to trick people

Harvard Scientist Robert Duncan Explains ‘Project Blue Beam’

“You can see it by the naked eye and it would leave a radar trace”

That's where my comment was headed. I think a lot of people could be fooled as they've been conditioned for decades by entertainment, media, and various UFO groups/publications/etc. Of course, this is only my opinion and I could well be mistaken.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

While I agree with your "technical" points, I'm not so sure that a mass of people won't believe it, or bother to ask for real proof.

For my part, I find the ET hypothesis the least likely explanation for unexplained phenomena of that kind. But again, given the dearth of information, that is nothing more than a guess.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   
News from today here in Canada:

Anita Anand told reporters in Brussels, Belgium, Tuesday morning that terrain and weather in the northern territory are posing significant challenges to search and recovery efforts there, while similar operations are underway near Alaska and Lake Huron for objects shot down there over recent days.

“The terrain is extremely rugged. It is extremely remote. The temperature is approximately -25 Celsius there, and there is heavy snow,” Anand said of the conditions in Yukon.
‘Difficult’ search ahead for object shot down over Yukon. Defence minister explains why

These are the conditions pretty much everywhere in Canada at the moment, lol.

edit on 2/14/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join