It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aerial Event Megathread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Latro

If gas thrusters were used, it would depend on how powerful those thrusters were.

Remember, Elon Musk has said he is planning to equip the new Tesla roadster with thrusters capable of assisting with acceleration, turning, "retro-rocket" stopping, and even, perhaps, "very short hop-like flights", or to hover several feet off the ground.. These thrusters would be powered by air stored under very high pressure in a carbon fiber tank based on designs developed for SpaceX rockets.

Even Ferrari has recently filed a patent for a similar thruster system.

A high pressure solar powered compressor might allow an airship an almost unlimited range.
edit on 14-2-2023 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Given the online wondering if these devices were "not from Earth", we may be sure the PsyOps people took note of those reactions.

We've been conditioned to believe an invasion from space will occur.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Given the online wondering if these devices were "not from Earth", we may be sure the PsyOps people took note of those reactions.

Cheers

The only people who will be likely to believe that an invasion from space will/has occurred are those who do not understand how vast space actually is, and how difficult it would be for any sentient living organism to travel to Earth from anywhere beyond our solar system.

And religious fanatics.

Any attempt to "trick" the population into believing that an invasion had occurred will be immediately countered by literally Thousands of scientists in multiple fields worldwide, explaining exactly why such an invasion is impossible, and demanding, publicly, scientific proof that it was otherwise.

Math doesn't lie.

And extraordinary claims require extraordinary Proof.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

They may have the technology allready to trick people

Harvard Scientist Robert Duncan Explains ‘Project Blue Beam’

“You can see it by the naked eye and it would leave a radar trace”

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

Cheers

The only people who will be likely to believe that an invasion from space will/has occurred are those who do not understand how vast space actually is, and how difficult it would be for any sentient living organism to travel to Earth from anywhere beyond our solar system.

And religious fanatics.

Any attempt to "trick" the population into believing that an invasion had occurred will be immediately countered by literally Thousands of scientists in multiple fields worldwide, explaining exactly why such an invasion is impossible, and demanding, publicly, scientific proof that it was otherwise.

Math doesn't lie.

Yes, and as I have pointed out elsewhere, we have the technology to track a 3ft (1m) wide asteroid approaching Earth - and accurately predict where and when it'll enter and burn up in the atmosphere, as happened Monday morning over the English Channel.

www.bbc.co.uk...

So we would certainly spot an alien mothership ....

(unless, due to a miscalculation of scale, the entire battle fleet gets swallowed up by a dog)

Meanwhile, I suspect there are hundreds of various balloons carrying a variety of scientific - and military - equipment drifting around in the stratosphere. Some operational, some redundant. We just never bothered looking for them before.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I'll put on my tin foil hat for this reply.

What if people in our government were colluding with China. I personally think it has been going on for decades because I see similar outcomes in society. Both China and the US controlled their populations during the 70's and 80's - China through a strict one child policy and the US through ease of access to abortion and economic pressure for woman to stay in the workforce. Both China and the US control private companies - China through direct control and the US through indirect control.

Covid shined a little light on the connections between the two governments.

Now it has to look like there's tensions.

I think this big balloon was just for show.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Both AESIR11 and AESIR12 returned minus one AIM-9. The first shot fired at the object over Lake Huron missed, so a second shot was taken.

The first shot missed? Well that's not good! Not a 'top gun' then

I have a question.... why would 'whoever', (read Chinese in the case of the first balloon), want to fly surveillance (if that is what it was) using a balloon, when they already have satellites in space which can read your blooming number plate? What's the advantage of a balloon over a satellite?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Allow me to reply ...

The missile used tracks its target's infrared signature. If the temperature difference between the target and the background (sky) was not much, it could miss. Usually, they have something like the exhaust of a jet engine to track.

Balloon may have been 'listening' to electronic emissions.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

Cheers

And religious fanatics.

Math doesn't lie.

Yes, and as I have pointed out elsewhere, we have the technology to track a 3ft (1m) wide asteroid approaching Earth - and accurately predict where and when it'll enter and burn up in the atmosphere, as happened Monday morning over the English Channel.

www.bbc.co.uk...

So we would certainly spot an alien mothership ....

We missed an object the size of a bus over Russia a couple of years ago. We can only track what we can find.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Cheers

And religious fanatics.

Math doesn't lie.

a little over a hundred years ago we thought that human flight was impossible. We had Math back then. We thought the earth was flat and the center of the universe, we had math back then. It was thought that people would suffocate traveling faster than 30mph. We had math back then.

We have just scratched the surface of what we know about space, time, and traveling from point a to b. We will know more tomorrow. In the grand scheme of things, humans are still at pre-school level.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Could this be what we are seeing and now shooting down? Video starts around 40 seconds in. This one over Colombia.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   

a reply to: angelchemuel

Allow me to reply ...

The missile used tracks its target's infrared signature. If the temperature difference between the target and the background (sky) was not much, it could miss. Usually, they have something like the exhaust of a jet engine to track.

Balloon may have been 'listening' to electronic emissions.

Cheers

Also, they linger over targets for longer periods of time, allowing more siphoning of data.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Just to confirm that I'm following along. NORAD applied a filter to the radar system to prevent an overflow of objects appearing which would have overwhelmed the radar operator. China knowing this (however they came across it), floats these large balloons at 18-37km elevation, over the US to see what sort of response we give it. These balloons providing varying storage space and appear undetectable with the applied filter.

If that is correct, essentially the world's most advanced military and a technology advanced country couldn't protect itself if an enemy country placed actors in the storage portion of the balloons (with the proper breathing/insulation) and had them parachute out (Ram Air Parachute /HAHO) and/or spread any sort of bio-hazard, release drones, emp, or a combination?

Insert Christmas Vacation snippet of Chevy Chase asking for the Tylenol.

I'll sleep better knowing that now. If that exploit has been found, no telling what others have yet to be identified. May God have mercy on us.
edit on 14-2-2023 by devilsadvocatenow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

5:25

Talks about lines coming down below it...

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 07:51 AM
link   
As I’m into Information Technology, I made an observation (pun intended) since the first spy balloon made the news, but I kept it to myself and I don’t remember reading any comments pertaining to this aspect.

I think most members here know or have heard about backdoor computing, both at firmware and software levels.

A backdoor attack is a way to access a computer system or encrypted data that bypasses the system's customary security mechanisms. A developer may create a backdoor so that an application, operating system (OS) or data can be accessed for troubleshooting or other purposes. Attackers make use of backdoors that software developers install, and they also install backdoors themselves as part of a computer exploit.

Whether added as an administrative tool, a means of attack or a mechanism allowing the government to access encrypted data, all backdoor installation is a security risk. Threat actors are always looking for these sorts of vulnerabilities to take advantage of.

Find out more here --> www.techtarget.com...

If it’s true that the balloon carried western technology and if that tech was electronics/IT related, then I assume that it would have had backdoors built in.

I believe that’s the reason why they allowed it to complete its pass over of the country unhindered. They stated that it would be "unable" to intercept/interfere/collect data… Was the systems hacked mid-flight by the US? To me, that sounds more like purposely "disabled".

Secondly, I read in The Guardian article, I posted yesterday, that the payload or balloon had a self-destruct mechanism that wasn’t deployed. Again, was that system also blocked by a backdoor intervention, thus preventing the Chinese from destroying it themselves to protect their “intellectual property”?

Putting these observations together, I have an inkling that the most recent objects could not be hacked and so, the reason they were shot down in such haste. As Zaphod and others have mentioned already, they could be different sizes/configurations/manufacturer origins in order to see what is able to complete its mission undetected.

Just my 2 cents, thanks.

edit on 14/2/2023 by Encia22 because: Forgot to add quoted text.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Latro

They’re capable of changing altitude, so they can drop out of the stronger winds in the jet stream, and get into the weaker winds below then. So they can’t brake instantly, but they’ll stop fairly quickly once the winds slow down. It’s just a matter of dropping altitude at the right time, to make sure you slow over the area you want to be in.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: devilsadvocatenow

It’s not just NORAD, it’s every radar system built. They all use computer assistance to track targets, no matter if it’s Chinese, Russian, Japanese, etc. The option is to overwhelm your radar operator with information, and potential miss a pretty major threat, or risk something low tech, that can’t carry a large payload.

These balloons aren’t a huge threat, because the payload they can carry is small. The BU60-1 balloon launched by NASA was almost 200 feet in diameter, and set an altitude record. But only carried about 11 pounds in observation equipment. They aren’t going to be carrying weapons or other threats, unless they’re very small.

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Anyone else thinking it, 4 downs in time for the Superbowl?

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   
So the US Government used a 80 million dollar aircraft to shoot a $500,000 dollar rocket at something, and they have no idea where it went down

posted on Feb, 14 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Has it been reported in the other non-Chinese balloon instances, how fast the craft were going? We've heard descriptions of shape, altitude, but not maneuverability or speed. Maybe I've missed something.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join